Pizzagate & Fake News

ChezGiven

on the subject, i posted this big read from the gruaniad in the politics thread. well worth a read if you've got a spare 10 mins

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/04/google-democracy-truth-internet-search-facebook

Read it when you linked it. Utterly chilling and i thought it changes the way we should see Brexit and rise of populism. I was thinking of the article when i saw the meme on FB about global warming.  

Maybe the conspiracy theorists are still right about the global order. I said to Parky that Trump proves that the global order isnt in control. Saw toonotl say a similar thing the other day. 

Now am not so sure. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://sheg.stanford.edu/upload/V3LessonPlans/Executive%20Summary%2011.21.16.pdf

Evaluating Information: The cornerstone of civic online reasoning. Stanford University. 

"When we began our work we had little sense of the depth of the problem. We even found ourselves rejecting ideas for tasks (kids are asked to evaluate very simple evidence and websites) because we thought they would be too easy. Our frst round of piloting shocked us into reality. Many assume that because young people are fuent in social media they are equally savvy about what they fnd there. Our work shows the opposite."

Basically kids these days cant tell the difference. The national journalist i talked with last week said this is the biggest topic of debate amongst his professional circle. They dont know what to do about it and according to the Stanford research, the next generation of kids isn't equipped to handle it either. 

We've been getting fed fake news for as long as I've been alive. It's up to you breeders to educate this thick generation of kids that can't discern between the real stuff and the fake stuff. :razz:

We've been getting fed fake news for as long as I've been alive. It's up to you breeders to educate this thick generation of kids that can't discern between the real stuff and the fake stuff. :razz:

I dont think thats true and not in such volume and with not with the same circulation. Its a coming together of social media, populism, financial crisis, immigration and clueless millennials. Actually i dont think that last one is fair, quite a few of my mates believe in utter gibberish nowadays about food etc. 

fake news has always been around from whacko publications like the inquirer or the sport. what we're seeing today with the rise of unfiltered fake news in social media feeds is totally different. 

fake news has always been around from whacko publications like the inquirer or the sport. what we're seeing today with the rise of unfiltered fake news in social media feeds is totally different. 

Prefer it tbh. #Parkyland

Proper moaning now innit. :lol:

How ironic that you used to say that you were looking for the truth :razz: I dont know if it heralds a worsening of the world or its just more bullshit, time will tell. 

Did you read the article that Gloomy posted about Cambridge Analytica, OCEAN scores and Facebook manipulation? I thought you would have been all over that. 

How ironic that you used to say that you were looking for the truth :razz: I dont know if it heralds a worsening of the world or its just more bullshit, time will tell. 

Did you read the article that Gloomy posted about Cambridge Analytica, OCEAN scores and Facebook manipulation? I thought you would have been all over that. 

Trump didn't win cause Google is skewed and people make up shit on Facebook he won because people are exchanging information and stories on the internet and making their own Youtube channels that get 50,000 - 150,000 views per episode. He won because communities are now more organized with reg to local information and have turned off the MSM (figuring out that it mainly speaks for the establishment and big business).

It's taken time but we're finally here....People making their own news. News isn't the signified it's a signifyer. It has no value outside of its ability to engage. The old stories are no longer engaging because they are 'the story' not 'the stories'.

The war has begun.....The war for the future.

Brace for impact.

Trump didn't win cause Google is skewed and people make up shit on Facebook he won because people are exchanging information and stories on the internet and making their own Youtube channels that get 50,000 - 150,000 views per episode. He won because communities are now more organized with reg to local information and have turned off the MSM (figuring out that it mainly speaks for the establishment and big business).

It's taken time but we're finally here....People making up their own news. News isn't the signified it's a signifyer. It has no value outside of its ability to engage. The old stories are no longer engaging because they are 'the story' not 'the stories'.

Brace for impact.

FYP

It's taken time but we're finally here....People making their own news. News isn't the signified it's a signifyer. It has no value outside of its ability to engage. The old stories are no longer engaging because they are 'the story' not 'the stories'.

Brace for impact.

You should read the article as although all those points are relevant, the targeted messaging on Facebook with memes designed to elicit an emotional response from CA and their Republican Hedge fund backers is the darkest shit i've come across. The Globalists are still in charge, they've just fooled everyone into thinking they are anti-establishment.

The greatest trick the devil ever played etc....