Wigan v Newcastle United - Wednesday 14th @ 19:45

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think I might LooneyToony but its been so long since I had the opportunity. :sun:

You're of no use anymore, Noelle.  *You probably go to yoga classes, go to a tanning salon before going to the beach, and your car has bullet-proof windows.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty much how I feel about the modern versions of Forest and the Champions of Europe. Nothing clubs that have nothing to offer this division or any other. But at least they actually have history. Wigan are the epitome of a shit institution propped up by a millionaire who are now returning to the oblivion they spawned from. Nobody will miss them, not even the few residents of their particular twisted corner of the north-west. 

Wigan should have been absolved years ago, shit club all round that brings absolutely nothing to the sport of football in any sense.

Woah, Mr Bipolar, If we're absolving them we can't condemn them in the next breath.

That also means those sides have more clean sheets than Wigan I'm assuming. I'm not sure what keeping within 1 goal proves defensively but they've conceded at least 2 goals in 7 games against sides who are far less threatening in attack than our lot. I don't think they will roll over, that I suppose is what the lack of losing by more than 1 goal really shows, but they've not come up against what is basically a Premier League attack and if our lot aren't complacent and are in form I see no reason we couldn't beat them by 3 or more goals regardless of their defensive record.

It's all just guesswork at the end of the day, what I'm really saying is what DK said his dad is saying, teams records in this league don't really count for a great deal until they play us look at the reaction of the Ipswich manager after we showed them up. Maybe we will scrape by but after seeing how we ripped apart a Birmingham side who were 5th in the league and before the last two games had only let in 19 goals (22 if you only take out our game), I'm not going to give the rugby loving tramps any credit whatsoever until they actually stop us.

It does, Wigan are 23rd for a reason. They only have 18pts from a possible 60, but they don't get spanked. What losing by one goal means to me, is that despite facing some of the best attacks in the league, they don't capitulate. You're right that we're a different animal to most they've faced, and we'll prove a sterner test to their defence. This Premier League attack hasn't destroyed all that've come before it and complacency + well drilled defence doesn't scream a pasting, to me.

I'm still very confident of the win and I'm sure it'll be comfortable, I just don't think there'll be a spanking handed out. I'd put a bet on <2.5 goals to be honest.

Speaking of bets, Newcastle to win and Gayle to score at any time is 17/10, but if you fancy longer odds Clark anytime and Newcastle to win is 14/1, which is genuinely tempting me.

Edited by The Fish

Tallywhacker is what CT calls his button mushroom.

Tailwater is what falls out of your arse the morning after too many of Parky's Waitrose Czech lagers.

;)

And Tattiewatta is what salma makes your, err, nah, let's not go there. :good: