Wigan v Newcastle United - Wednesday 14th @ 19:45

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeh I was just tweeting that yesterday - I'm not arsed about winning the league so long as we get out of it.

Aye, I guess the ideal scenario is 20 points clear of 3rd and 3 clear of 2nd for the sweat.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 goal difference over 3rd place.  Taking the fucking piss tbqfh.

:lol: I was just looking at the table and it's fucking laughable really, us and Brighton are 9 and 8 points and 27 and 20 goal difference clear of 3rd place. As I said in my other post I do want us to win the league as even though it's fairly irrelevant it's still nice to win the league, I think Brighton will drop off us mind but they'll still go up as they're clearly better than the rabble that fills the other 22 spots, Hughton proving what a canny manager he is imo as he fucking battered this league with us and he's doing it again with what is probably a weaker side.

I also love that people keep hoying how much we've spent at us despite the fact Villa spent more than us and Norwich spunked a fair bit yet both sides are mid-table trash...

Edited by Howay

:lol: I was just looking at the table and it's fucking laughable really, us and Brighton are 9 and 8 points and 27 and 20 goal difference clear of 3rd place. As I said in my other post I do want us to win the league as even though it's fairly irrelevant it's still nice to win the league, I think Brighton will drop off us mind but they'll still go up as they're clearly better than the rabble that fills the other 22 spots, Hughton proving what a canny manager he is imo as he fucking battered this league with us and he's doing it again with what is probably a weaker side.

I also love that people keep hoying how much we've spent at us despite the fact Villa spent more than us and Norwich spunked a fair bit yet both sides are mid-table trash...

Last time there was a big gap between the top 2 and the rest was 13/14 when Leicester came up with Burnley (8pts clear of 3rd) and before that it was the last time we went up with West Brom (12 points clear of 3rd), every other season it's been down to 3 points or so.

Decent result IMO, and the Fish has restored some of his credibility with his analysis beforehand in concluding that Wigan wouldn't let loads through. I'm wondering if Brighton applying this constant pressure is just what we need tbf - when we either get clear of them or fall behind, whichever way it goes, we'll look over our shoulders and find that we're about 20 points away from 3rd place.

Decent result IMO, and the Fish has restored some of his credibility with his analysis beforehand in concluding that Wigan wouldn't let loads through. I'm wondering if Brighton applying this constant pressure is just what we need tbf - when we either get clear of them or fall behind, whichever way it goes, we'll look over our shoulders and find that we're about 20 points away from 3rd place.

West Brom kept us honest last time.

Couldn't give a fuck about Brighton but have loads of time for Hughton, the polar opposite of that gobshite at Palace and his two immediate successors. As Howay says, you'd not hear the end of it if we finished behind Brighton so obviously hope we win it as this also helps with the winning mentality. I'm on Twitter and there's some real bitter twats around so let's give them something to twist about and piss the league with sold out away ends and full home gates. :D

No he hasn't.

:lol: :lol:

Was that a set up out of desperation?

Not desperation, it just served as a reminder about whom you are fucking with.

Edited by The Fish