Dummettgate.

The Fish

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been drinking them for years, all the rage in Venezia don't you know? They've stocked in it Sainsbury's for ages now. I also prefer it to Campari in a Negroni (or one of its many variations). Favourite being 1 x measure aged rum, 1x Aperol, 1 x (good quality) red vermouth, 2 dashes orange bitters. Served over ice in a tumbler with twist of orange peel. La-di-fucking-dah.

You're basically the master of these things. These are nothing less than revelations to the tramps on here. :)

Negroni's are like drinking paraffin from the one experience I've had.

You tried a sip of my 'Rumgroni' in Bierrex (used to be Popolo's) and said it was nice.

It was that time we met manc-mag and went for a pizza at that place upstairs and had to keep putting the meal back because he couldn't find it.

My boss loves them, usually necks 3 or 4 at the start of a night out and forces them on us. He is actually Italian so its fair enough. 

I like the classic ones but the rum variation is good too and gin tends to be a drink people either love or hate.

[emoji38] I don't recall having my lips around your Rumgroni but that's not something you'd forget so you're probably right.

Fucking Sammy man. Wilfully disorganised.

It was something I'll never forget. That and Renton turning up sweating like a fat lass

[emoji38] That was weird. Standing having a chat with a bloke and watching the beads of sweat form on his forehead and run down his cheeks. I think him and his lass had been shoplifting from Woolies before they got there.

Btw, that fucking place. Not sure what it's like now but you couldn't even buy a short in there. It was all beer, about 95% of the 50 or so seemed to be IPAs, listed on school style blackboards about the place, with the exception of a cocktail list on a clipboard with about 4 things on it. When we each got a cocktail (I think there was only me, you, Cath and Tooj) the lass behind the bar looked like I'd just asked if I could shag her granny. It must have taken about 10-15 minutes to make 4 fucking drinks. Poncey bars are shit enough but ones pretending to be poncey and not even being able to back it up ffs? What a crock of shit

[emoji38] That was weird. Standing having a chat with a bloke and watching the beads of sweat form on his forehead and run down his cheeks. I think him and his lass had been shoplifting from Woolies before they got there.

:lol:

• 4 months later...

In the secret forum The Fish is currently begging the mods to delete this thread.

In the secret forum I am a mod.

What's the minimum posting threshold for entry to the 'secret forum' then :D I'm guessing it's around the 20k mark and thus that I've no hope of ever getting there, but i'm curious nonetheless.