"The War On Drugs"

Anorthernsoul

It's bizarre that the US is so far ahead of Europe on this issue.

I don't think marijuana is some miracle drug with no trade off, but the downsides are so minor for some people that this would really help, it's depressing.

LSD and MDMA have therapeutic value too, but that's a slightly tougher sell with more serious downsides.

It's bizarre that the US is so far ahead of Europe on this issue.

I don't think marijuana is some miracle drug with no trade off, but the downsides are so minor for some people that this would really help, it's depressing.

LSD and MDMA have therapeutic value too, but that's a slightly tougher sell with more serious downsides.

Ketamine as well - it's been shown to be useful treating alcoholism recently.

Isn't lsd safe as houses anyway?

It's usually associated with "stunts" like jumping off buildings but to quote Bill Hicks, if you think you can fly try taking off from the ground otherwise you're an idiot.

If I was unfortunate enough to suffer from an intolerable disease like Parkinson's I reckon I'd take my chances with psychosis to treat my condition with a substance that grows naturally on the earth, while getting in the frame of mind for a Bruce lee movie and pizza marathon.

Edited by Dr Gloom

If I was unfortunate enough to suffer from an intolerable disease like Parkinson's I reckon I'd take my chances with psychosis to treat my condition with a substance that grows naturally on the earth, while getting in the frame of mind for a Bruce lee movie and pizza marathon.

Wor lass is vehemently anti drugs and struggles to get around the house, (DWP think she's cush), the odd glass of wine/prossecco is her vice. We've kids so OK, but she was the same before kids and her condition deteriorated. I'd be off me tits if it was just me.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have considered doing this when my current cocktail of meds craps out, so I've done a bit of :quotes: research :quotes: Very scientific research obviously.

There was limited research done on therapeutic doses before it was made illegal with promising, but statistically insignificant, trials.  Hofmann was very hopeful, and he seemed to have his head screwed on straight.

You take between 10-20ug 2-3 times a week.  You don't have to piss around cutting up tabs of differing quality and hoping they're always available.

You can get microdoses ready to go very easily and reliably on the deep web.

I have considered doing this when my current cocktail of meds craps out, so I've done a bit of :quotes: research :quotes: Very scientific research obviously.

There was limited research done on therapeutic doses before it was made illegal with promising, but statistically insignificant, trials.  Hofmann was very hopeful, and he seemed to have his head screwed on straight.

You take between 10-20ug 2-3 times a week.  You don't have to piss around cutting up tabs of differing quality and hoping they're always available.

You can get microdoses ready to go very easily and reliably on the deep web.

Which condition are you medicating? If you don't mind my asking.

Apparently you don't even feel slightly tipsy until at least 30ug.  Given a proper dose is more in the 100 - 200ug range.

Obviously wouldn't be doing it just for a laugh.

Which condition are you medicating? If you don't mind my asking.

Yeah no problem.

I'm Bipolar II, Mixed Affective, though the particular strain probably means nothing to most people.

I see - if the drug is likely to help you self medicate and minimise the impact of the condition, you should be free to take it iyam. Stupid state of affairs all of this - I'd say it's a branding issue more than anything. Drugs = bad is a hard message to bring people back from.

I would be very sceptical of it working over a long period.  But if it comes to it, I don't think there's much harm in giving it a go.

I see - if the drug is likely to help you self medicate and minimise the impact of the condition, you should be free to take it iyam. Stupid state of affairs all of this - I'd say it's a branding issue more than anything. Drugs = bad is a hard message to bring people back from.

Aye, it's kind of understandable given the general ignorance around the subject (and it obviously needs to be handled with care).

It's a bit hypocritical that we've got half of the US on heavy opiates at the same time though.

LSD at recreational doses builds up tolerance quickly, requiring you to dose higher to get the same effects. Surely that'd be true of microdosing given how frequently they're dosing?

I got some 1p-lsd before the psychoactive nanny state bill it was absolutely mint

LSD at recreational doses builds up tolerance quickly, requiring you to dose higher to get the same effects. Surely that'd be true of microdosing given how frequently they're dosing? I got some 1p-lsd before the psychoactive nanny state bill it was absolutely mint

Did you ever microdose on Kamagra? No stotta on but a healthy enough twinge?