Is Shearer good for the bairns?

peasepud

Saturdays match got me wondering whether at least some of the confidence problems etc at the club arent down to the great man.

Twice in the first 15-20 minutes Chopra got the ball and make a canny run into the box only to lose his bottle and lay it across the goal rather than have a dig. To me that was the sign of a kid who's got no confidence and doesnt want to do the wrong thing in front of the boss. Not once have I seen him offer words of wisdom or gee up one of the younger kids when their heads drop.

By contrast, later on O'Brien made a run towards the box and lost it after a good attempt to which Bowyer was straight over lifting him and telling him he did well, to me thats the sort of thing that the captain should be doing regularly.

Agree 100% (cliquey I know). Basically he has a go at players (now more than ever) if they don't put the ball where he wants it. I think it's even worse when he does it to a young'un since it's likely the crowd will side with Shearer. Totally respect him for what he's done here but in terms of captaincy I think he's lacking (and perhaps always has been).

Shearer was one of many who looked as if they didnt give a fuck on Saturday.

The occasion near the end where Blackburn were kicking the arse out of making a substitution and Seamus charged out his goal screaming at the ref to make them get a move on, the majority of the team were stood hands on hips with their heads down, Shearer having being one of them.

Great encouragement to the rest of the team from the captain when a point was still there for the taking...

Shearer has never been a fiery character who was cheering his team mates up. There have only been few games like the one against Arsenal where he fantastically lead by example with his battling abilities (even though he should have been sent off).

I don't want to have too much of a pop at Shearer because he shouldn't even be playing now, let alone starting every match but he had a go at Ramage the other week when he crossed a ball in along the deck because he wanted it lifted. The reason he is out of order for doing it is firstly because he's the captain, secondly Ramage is a young kid who has still only played a handful of games and thirdly because the crowd reacts to this and they start having a go at Ramage. He should have been encouraging him.

He's an egomaniac tbh...

Much as I admire the guy and all, him leaving the club for a little while may be a good move. Too much licky licky not enough team spirit.

83565[/snapback]

Best for all concerned in my view and I'd be genuinely amazed if he wanted to take over as manager in the near future anyway.

In some ways he's made a mistake carrying on because the fans are getting on his back. If he was given the job of manager, he'd better not fail, because he'd have completely screwed up. Like that guy Souness who played for Liverpool - don't recall any scousers saying anything nice about him.

Kluivert was good at encouraging......

83597[/snapback]

Is that sarcasm because if it is you're wrong, Kluivert always applauded the effort of players who tried to create chances for him.

I don't think Shearer should ever have been captain. Speed was the real captain on the pitch, it's one of the things we've lacked since Speed was allowed to leave. I also believe Shearer thinks he's bigger than the club, something that can't be a good thing. He needs to go as soon ( IF ) we're safe from relegation.

83597[/snapback]

Is that sarcasm because if it is you're wrong, Kluivert always applauded the effort of players who tried to create chances for him.

83676[/snapback]

No it wasn't sarcasm cause Paddy K did, being a flair player himself he appreciates people tryna create things

83597[/snapback]

83676[/snapback]

No it wasn't sarcasm cause Paddy K did, being a flair player himself he appreciates people tryna create things

83730[/snapback]

:huh:

:search:

There was an away game earlier in the season (can't remember which) where N'Zogbia had the ball in the 18 yard box and had a shot and Shearer went mental with him, doing that thing where he points out the exact height he wanted it. Now, Shearer had two men on him and unless the ball delivered to him was some sort of stealth, then it would have been cut off easy. I think it's part of being frustrated with himself these days, he knows he rarely gets a sniff now so anything that looks even remotely like he might get a half chance from he's screaming for it.

There was an away game earlier in the season (can't remember which) where N'Zogbia had the ball in the 18 yard box and had a shot and Shearer went mental with him, doing that thing where he points out the exact height he wanted it. Now, Shearer had two men on him and unless the ball delivered to him was some sort of stealth, then it would have been cut off easy. I think it's part of being frustrated with himself these days, he knows he rarely gets a sniff now so anything that looks even remotely like he might get a half chance from he's screaming for it.

83738[/snapback]

He gave Luque his scorn at Everton away as well, althought Luque not being a bairn like :huh:

I thinking he's kidding the crowd and himself at times. He did it at Everton away (can't remember who to) and when it showed the replay, it would have been virtually impossible for the player to pass to him (he was behind two defenders). Quite a sad indictment of how much his stock has fallen. It's one of the reasons I think he may struggle to get those at the club to play for him, should he become the next manager (which I still doubt).

All i can say about Shearer these days is that he must have a tremendous amount of charisma or the ability to instill respect/fear in everyone because so many people seem kiss his arse, Souness, Shepherd, all the BBC pundits. He's not winning these accolades based upon his footballing ability anymore and it can't be just because he used to be good. Weird.

All i can say about Shearer these days is that he must have a tremendous amount of charisma or the ability to instill respect/fear in everyone because so many people seem kiss his arse, Souness, Shepherd, all the BBC pundits. He's not winning these accolades based upon his footballing ability anymore and it can't be just because he used to be good. Weird.

83748[/snapback]

Maybe he has mafia connections? :huh:

83748[/snapback]

83751[/snapback]

Has he been seen in any Pizzeria's? We have a right to know!

83748[/snapback]

Shepherd kisses his arse because he thinks he every fans choice for the next manager, Souness does it because Shearer got him the job.

83748[/snapback]

83751[/snapback]

Probably just creosote them to death tbh.