Burton Albion v Newcastle United - Sat 17th Dec @ 15:00

wykikitoon

Whats the score gonna be?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice avatar  :lol:

Welcome back, has your lass given you the Spanish Archer?

Nar, not yet. Just thought you auld buggers would've missed my craic. Doubt it.

You must've discovered drink and sex have you? Slinking on here, making a post as if you'd never been away. I'm OUTRAGED!

;)

Aye, managed to discover that there is a world outside of wor hyem. Thought I was part of the furniture after witnessing a relegation, guess not. ;)

Think yesterday was the first time I'd stood on actual terracing since our visit to Craven Cottage in Fulham's first PL season. Some older mags were plainly of the fabled "KBJ" or "post 92" variety who were crapping themselves having been caught in a crush on a terracing which was either amusingly ironic or ironically amusing. Not as funny as me ending up on my arse during the celebrations for both goals though :D

Lots of (mostly unwarranted) criticism of Diame and Dummet from the usual sort of gobshites, strange that they don't vocalise how Shelvey can disappear from games in the second half which is a lot more worrying and just a continuation of his habit of doing so last season (that was sometimes for 90mins though) I do get the feeling that although he's been mostly great to watch this season he's a bit of a flat track bully. Burton were game as fuck and probably deserved a point for their efforts. Am really enjoying the football this season, we dont go anywhere and put 10 men behind the ball, and most opposition teams don't do it either. I don't think Rafa has ever been known for complete Keegan-esque free flowing football, and I don't have any problems with that, there really is more than one way to skin a footballing rabbit and being slighlty attritional in our play has been very satisfying for me anyway.

Rafa stood in the goalmouth at full time, getting his brogues muddied no doubt, calmly applauding the supporters, the players taking their lead from him. No over the top histrionics from them, no throwing shirts into the crowd, just appreciation for support after doing their jobs effectively. Now on to the next game, no dramas. The manager seemed to be loving the whole thing, just as at home at what is basically a non league ground as he was at the Bernebeu. A football man to his marrow.

https://youtu.be/j-qYOvunlLw

Think yesterday was the first time I'd stood on actual terracing since our visit to Craven Cottage in Fulham's first PL season. Some older mags were plainly of the fabled "KBJ" or "post 92" variety who were crapping themselves having been caught in a crush on a terracing which was either amusingly ironic or ironically amusing. Not as funny as me ending up on my arse during the celebrations for both goals though :D

Lots of (mostly unwarranted) criticism of Diame and Dummet from the usual sort of gobshites, strange that they don't vocalise how Shelvey can disappear from games in the second half which is a lot more worrying and just a continuation of his habit of doing so last season (that was sometimes for 90mins though) I do get the feeling that although he's been mostly great to watch this season he's a bit of a flat track bully. Burton were game as fuck and probably deserved a point for their efforts. Am really enjoying the football this season, we dont go anywhere and put 10 men behind the ball, and most opposition teams don't do it either. I don't think Rafa has ever been known for complete Keegan-esque free flowing football, and I don't have any problems with that, there really is more than one way to skin a footballing rabbit and being slighlty attritional in our play has been very satisfying for me anyway.

Rafa stood in the goalmouth at full time, getting his brogues muddied no doubt, calmly applauding the supporters, the players taking their lead from him. No over the top histrionics from them, no throwing shirts into the crowd, just appreciation for support after doing their jobs effectively. Now on to the next game, no dramas. The manager seemed to be loving the whole thing, just as at home at what is basically a non league ground as he was at the Bernebeu. A football man to his marrow.

Yep, we are in good times. We need to enjoy it while it lasts because I wouldn't put it past Ashley pulling an Ellis Short when we get promoted. And unlike old big eyes down the road Rafa will gladly just walk into another job at a club of his choosing

https://youtu.be/j-qYOvunlLw

Superb mate

Cracking post PL.

I think these last two wins were the most telling for me of our ability to win the league, not particularly at our best, against sides who were up for it (particularly in Burton's case), away from home, both in the same week and coming away with two wins. The turnaround under Benitez has been phenomenal when you compare the spirit of the team and desire among the players to that of 18 month ago. The team also has a plan to tackle games and it's evident on the pitch, Anderson was moaning the other game about how we're passing the ball around our defence but that is the game plan, it's just nice to see a team have a lot of possession in games but also be meaningful in attack when going forward rather than looking stumped around the opposition box.

I also agree regarding Shelvey, he's one of my biggest worries for us going up. I know the defence isn't particularly up to snuff but I think that's clear to Rafa and he'll improve it but Shelvey has been such a key player for us this year and I worry that he'll be exposed more in the PL, of course I hope we're completely wrong on that point but as you say he is often in and out of games and while we get away with it at this level it's a bit harder at the PL level and those type of players tend to be more common further forward than at CM.

As SEW added I just hope it continues as I definitely don't put it past Ashley to fuck it all up once we're back in the PL.

:good:

It has nothing to do with Newcastle, which conflates a lot of people.

People, some of whom might be in the mackem's post 92 category of NUFC supporters, are ADAMANT that local hero IS Newcastle United. I can see that, they don't know better, but to conflate nufc with local hero for those of us that remember a certain ginger moustachioed twat who called himself the flashing blade, imploring us who had been going to games when the club was in a bad place to make some noise and fobbing this shit tune on the club whilst only a couple of years prior, the same ginger cunt would be foaming if a football fan rang up his toe cringingly bad phone-in radio show, would, as I say, be to conflate the perception of NUFC and local hero being synonymous with each other rather than the reality of the Ginger scenario. (Or something like that, I had to interrupt this post to drop off my daughter, but you get my drift). :good:

People, some of whom might be in the mackem's post 92 category of NUFC supporters, are ADAMANT that local hero IS Newcastle United. I can see that, they don't know better, but to conflate nufc with local hero for those of us that remember a certain ginger moustachioed twat who called himself the flashing blade, imploring us who had been going to games when the club was in a bad place to make some noise and fobbing this shit tune on the club whilst only a couple of years prior, the same ginger cunt would be foaming if a football fan rang up his toe cringingly bad phone-in radio show, would, as I say, be to conflate the perception of NUFC and local hero being synonymous with each other rather than the reality of the Ginger scenario. (Or something like that, I had to interrupt this post to drop off my daughter, but you get my drift). :good:

Heard it was you who tweeted this. https://twitter.com/andygill8/status/758691064710590465