Guardiola

Park Life

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair points I guess, their recruitment has been questionable for some time. Begiristain or whatever his name is doesn't seem to be all that good at picking players.

How many of those players would get in the Barca or Bayern side? 2 maybe 3....Aguero and KDB...

Read an article in The Blizzard recently which was assessing Pellegrini's reign. Some of the players they signed and the fees paid for them are eye watering.

He won't walk away and admit failure. 

Suspect this is true, but he has left when it got tough previously, I think. Didn't he go the year Barcelona were evicted from their position of dominance in La Liga?

Aye but he had already done enough there to be considered an unqualified success. He obviously has yet to do that at City.

Yeah, that's true. It'll be interesting to see what he does, especially when the press turn on him (which is imminent if their 'poor' form keeps up).

Yeah, that's true. It'll be interesting to see what he does, especially when the press turn on him (which is imminent if their 'poor' form keeps up).

I'd say they'll turn on him quicker if he keeps up this surly attitude.

He hasn't helped himself with his attitude like. The press in this country can be disgusting but he must have had a canny bit of criticism and pressure at Barca and Bayern, two of the biggest clubs in the world? He needs to be a bit bigger than he's coming across at the minute. I was really looking forward to watching Man City this season, I thought it was going to be class having a Guardiola-coached team to watch on telly, but it's all been a bit disappointing so far. He needs more time of course - it looks like he just doesn't have the players to play the way he wants to and he's only had one window and half a season, which is nothing, but the way that he talks in interviews gives the impression he really doesn't want to be here.

You'd think Leicester winning the title would have given him a clue.

Yeah but he'd signed up by then, hadn't he? He signed up with City back in January, before it was certain that Leicester were going to win it.

Moreover you could just as easily look at that and conclude that all teams in the PL are equally shit. Which might be true, but now also includes his own side.

Think his position is a bit like Mourinho's at Man Utd where the squad needs an overhaul despite the money that's been spent over the last few seasons. Interesting to see one being portrayed as going through a crisis while the other is seen as starting to get things right. Man CIty's defence looks pretty dreadful atm like, in terms of 'contenders' at least.

I will quote one of the above posts when appropriate in the future.

:lol:

That Stones is a right dippy cunt mind, he's a young lad and is a long way off his prime as a CB but he may well have been better off (football wise) at Everton as at the minute he is sort of in and out the line up a bit and the pressure is mounting (mainly due to his price tag and hype) with every error he makes.

I guess we'll see how Guardiola responds to this competition really, I don't think he expected the lower sides to be as competitive and he is looking a bit out of sorts in interviews and on the side line.

There's honestly a decent chance he might be forced out as the Man City fans are quickly becoming demanding and the problem he has is there was so much hype around him coming in. It's obviously is no fault of his own but it's working against him at the moment, the media are sensing a bit of blood with his short responses and they're doing what they always do turning a bloke who was a media darling and trying to portray him as some mug.

As I said earlier in this thread imo he's clearly a top coach but he's been so overrated, I mean to many the minute he signed for man city the title may as well have been given to them for the next few years, he's not a miracle worker and he's put his confidence in some players that aren't working out (mainly Bravo and Stones). I think ewerk is right in saying he'll either figure it out and have them winning the title in a couple of seasons or he'll be off, I think he'll stick it out but I do admit he's been looking ropey in the interviews and I also noticed what Parky was saying about his body language after going 2 down at Everton.

Think his position is a bit like Mourinho's at Man Utd where the squad needs an overhaul despite the money that's been spent over the last few seasons. Interesting to see one being portrayed as going through a crisis while the other is seen as starting to get things right. Man CIty's defence looks pretty dreadful atm like, in terms of 'contenders' at least.

Aye, the media love Mourinho I also get irritated with the Pogba wankfest he's clearly a good player but he hasn't done much for Man Utd yet, I know he's really young and is going to take time to settle but you'd think he was setting the league alight the way they bang on about him.

His system is always going to take time to implement and as you say their defensive players really aren't up to snuff, especially to play his style of football. The issue I always had was the way the media just fawn over him, I mean there was even a reporter that asked something along the lines of "Pep when you won 6 early on your system was well integrated, a lot quicker than we all thought, but now you've hit a rough patch how long until your system is integrated?" it's just fucking stupid his system wasn't integrated early on they were just winning some games. He's asking players like Sagna, Stones, Otamendi, Zabaleta, Kolorov, Bravo etc to pull off the same cool under pressure short, quick passing moves on the edge of their box that players like Bernat, Alaba, Alba, Pique, Neuer, Alves, etc were doing, they're not anywhere near that level and they're fucking it up quite regularly.

His system will probably eventually prove successful (as in winning titles, I doubt it'll ever see a 6 trophy season again as that was a combination of system and nigh on perfect players for that system) and he'll eventually make the needed adjustments to suit the league more but will the ownership give him the time and will he stick it out.

Spoilt brat innit. Better start learning Chinese. :D

:lol: Toys were out the pram last few weeks like, seeing an 18 year old kid with a scraggly beard cut your defence to ribbons will do that mind. Imagine how much money they'd give him to move to China.

:lol: Toys were out the pram last few weeks like, seeing an 18 year old kid with a scraggly beard cut your defence to ribbons will do that mind. Imagine how much money they'd give him to move to China.

:lol: Bloody hell, that would be something to see. If he goes though, it'll just cement the idea that he's a busted flush.

• 1 month later...

So, he drops you and gives away your number, you respond by scoring 6 in 40 minutes.

He gets all of your best mates to go to a restaurant or whatever and sits there quietly while they tell you you have to get in line, you respond by scoring 35 goals or whatever, winning everything that season.

Boy, Pep sure got shown up by samuel eto'o didn't he?