Guardiola

Park Life

Seen reports that the Man City academy have almost a monopoly on young talent in their catchment area, even Manchester United players are sending their kids to the blue half of the city for training.

Aye I saw a similar thing about Rooney iirc. I think they clearly have the best facilities and best coaches as they've been hoying fortunes at their youth set up for yonks now, I don't know how much effect Mourinho has had in the short while he has been at Manchester United but he's always seemed disinterested in youth set ups for at least his recent career (all the way back to his first spell at Chelsea in fact, I've no idea about his Porto days mind).

As Parky was saying they've not really brought anyone through in basically the decade they've been pouring money into it, seems odd when you consider the quality of the facilities, staff, catchment area, bringing in foreign youth. They did have that Denis Suarez lad I suppose and he's quality at Barca now, but he was similar to Iheanacho that he was 16 or 17 when he went there. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Suarez was there at the wrong time, it was right at the start of the overhaul of the training infrastructure and he slipped through the net and couldn't even get in the U21's.

Think they've payed over the top for all their purchases. Sane 37m, Ortamendi 32m, Fernandinho 30m.

Have to disagree on Sane like, was quality for Schalke last season and looks like he's finally settled in now. Really starting to show his class.

Sane is quality. I think the hard thing with transfer prices is they jumped quite a bit in a short period of time (or at least seemed that way to me) recently. The way the market is I agree that Sane probably isn't overpriced but it's always galling to think 37m isn't overpriced when our lot would have a meltdown if someone wanted 20m.

Have to disagree on Sane like, was quality for Schalke last season and looks like he's finally settled in now. Really starting to show his class.

He's the one that will probably be good value. Still a lot of money.

I work with a guy whose son is at city, he is on loan in holland ATM. The kids there are unreal by all accounts. Plenty of them there if they want to give them the chance.

Man City pay over the odds because selling clubs know they have money to burn. Ashley's wet dream is them coming in for one of our players (not that'll happen with the current crop) and squeezing £50m out of them

I work with a guy whose son is at city, he is on loan in holland ATM. The kids there are unreal by all accounts. Plenty of them there if they want to give them the chance.

That would make sense tbf. It's probably similar to Chelsea in that they have quality kids but can't give them chances. Like Chelsea have that defender Christensen (however you spell it) who has been quality in the Bundesliga this season. Guardiola will probably be more likely to give them chances in the first team than most in the near future.

I just remember the shop in Eldon Gardens and a mate who got the pissed ripped out of him for having a pair of the jogging pants. Almost as classy as the Bobbyann Boots shop on Percy Street.