Newcastle United v Sheffield Wednesday - Mon 26th December @ 19:45 on Sky

Happy Face

Predict the Score  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye we desperately need a CM, Colback showed everyone that he simply isn't up to being a professional football player outside of perhaps League One. Diame should start in CM alongside Hayden until we can bring someone in.

It worries me that Rafa is so against Mitrovic that he didn't bring him on in a game that was clearly screaming out for a player of his type. Perez doesn't look like he suits this division at all sadly, he just gets completely bullied and honestly he hid from the ball towards the end.

I expected better from Mitrovic this season but Perez has been the biggest let down for me so far, the ball stuck to him like Velcro in the PL, he's so far off the talent that emerged a couple of years ago it's untrue, he should be murdering this division and bringing players into the game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who doesn't think Perez is even suited to the Prem?!

You could be right, as HMHM says he was really bright when he first came through and I think a lot of us still hold onto those performances in hope that he can get back to something resembling that. 

Am I the only one who doesn't think Perez is even suited to the Prem?!

I was so impressed with his first year, not even so much the goals but his knack of retaining the ball under pressure and coming out of it and bringing his teammates into the game. Anyway, he's well away from that standard and has gone from a real prospect who I thought would be prized away from a then rotten NUFC to a player who doesn't start championship games.

Reminded me of the first 2 games of the season where I couldn't believe what a negative and defensive team selection and formation we were using. Particularly at home and to supposedly weaker opposition, unlike Wednesday today who were set up pretty well.

It only needs a little tweak though. Rafa just needs to figure out how to play without Shelvey and how to play more positively at home.

NUFC To Score

0 - sammynb, TheGingerQuiff

1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, StoneColdStephenIreland, wykikitoon, Ant

2 - Happy Face, Dr Gloom, Rayvin, OTF, The Fish, tooner, Dougle, ohhh_yeah, barnabox

3 - strawb, zico martin, Andrew, Howay, aimaad22, ToonMarshy, Monkeys Fist, Anorthernsoul, MiddleAgeCool, scoobos, Jintsay, acrossthepond, ewerk

4+ - @yourservice, Kitman

NUFC To Concede

0 - Happy Face, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Dr Gloom, zico martin, Rayvin, OTF, StoneColdStephenIreland, wykikitoon, Howay, aimaad22, The Fish, tooner, Kitman, ohhh_yeah, scoobos, ewerk

1 - strawb, Andrew, ToonMarshy, Monkeys Fist, Anorthernsoul, Ant, @yourservice, MiddleAgeCool, Dougle, Jintsay, barnabox, acrossthepond

2 - sammynb

3 - 

4+ - TheGingerQuiff

Those last 10 minutes the defenders passing the ball amongst themselves with no urgency to get it up the pitch. You'd have thought we were 3 or 4 nil up also Mitrovic should have been on ,on the 60 minute mark as clearly Gayle was getting clattered & bustled off the ball nearly ever time he got it.

Can always count on these let you down when you're up for a game. What a load of crap that was.

I've been saying it for a while, this squad might have enough to get promoted but it'll be a relegation dog fight next season unless there are some major improvements. Too many below average players. 4th home defeat this season? 

Can always count on these let you down when you're up for a game. What a load of crap that was.

I've been saying it for a while, this squad might have enough to get promoted but it'll be a relegation dog fight next season unless there are some major improvements. Too many below average players. 4th home defeat this season?

Aye, I was thinking that last night. Our back 4 would have conceded 5 or 6 against a top team. There's a huge gap between the top of the championship and 17th in the premier league

Yeah. Which is why from the start of the season I've found it difficult not to see our performances and progress this season with a view to next year in the Premiership. We've got so many painfully ordinary players who's sum capabilities amount to making a 5 yard pass. 

I guess this is the part where you tell yourself we're still top of the table, and in Rafa we trust, but he sure as hell has got a lot of work to do. 

What concerns me is a few teams are inporoving and looking good and even teams like Huddersfield who evryone assumed would fall away haven't.

It's okay beating Burton and Wigan etc but we'll need to win some big games as well.

We're the best team/squad in this division and will be automatically promoted.

When we're promoted Rafa will attract a far better class of player than any other nufc manager in 10 years (if he's backed to)

He'll keep Colback, every manager seems to like him even though he is pure dogshit. I am struggling to see one decent thing he brings to the team, and he's been at the club for a few years.  He steals a living that cunt.

When we're promoted Rafa will attract a far better class of player than any other nufc manager in 10 years (if he's backed to)

Yup. The bottom of the Premiership is absolute dog shit. When we're promoted it'll be an easy mid table finish next year.

Out of our starting XI, Premier league class for me are:

Darlow

Lascelles (on his day)

Shelvey

Hayden (if he continues to improve)

Richie

Gayle

Which leaves another 15+ in the squad that aren't. Some of those are perfectly good back ups (Elliot, Mbemba, Mitro, Yedlin) but the likes of Gouffran, Colback, Dummett, Anita etc need to sent packing in the summer

Out of our starting XI, Premier league class for me are:

Darlow

Lascelles (on his day)

Shelvey

Hayden (if he continues to improve)

Richie

Gayle

Which leaves another 15+ in the squad that aren't. Some of those are perfectly good back ups (Elliot, Mbemba, Mitro, Yedlin) but the likes of Gouffran, Colback, Dummett, Anita etc need to sent packing in the summer

You can carry a load of journeymen if they have the endeavour to work hard and support the main men.

Kante, Mahrez and Vardy carried Leicester to the title with the likes of Simpson ever-present.

The loss of Shelvey has hit like either of those going missing from that squad.  Just buying a few pure quality players will be enough to buoy the existing squad in the Premier league iyam.

Colback will never carry the weight of running the show from the centre of the park for a Premier League (or championship?) team and at 21 Hayden isn't there yet.  I'm not even sure if Shelvey has it in him like he has in the second tier (or Gayle tbh) , but I still think we'll cut it with a few quality signings down the spine.