Newcastle United v Sheffield Wednesday - Mon 26th December @ 19:45 on Sky

Happy Face

Predict the Score  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Shelvey in the side we simply can't have both Anita and Dummett playing, they offer absolutely nothing going forward so without Shelvey's creativity we could do with a bit more coming from the wing.

Anita was utter dogshit today, he was consistently missing when the attack was coming down his side while also being missing in attack, hopefully Yedlin gets a bit of a run in the side now. 

I've had my say on the ref so I'm not going to rewrite it but I will say after the Forest game the only thing that let me move on from it was that I was sure I'd never see a referee close to that shambles, the one today pushed him close for me utter disgrace.

Rafa's subs were shite tbh, we were getting bullied and he brought on that utter tart Perez who yet again done less than nowt. Atsu was the one bright spark playing outside of the goalkeeper imo and he deserves a run in the side.

Like Howay said. Watching them fuckers on the pitch is embarrassing. Anita had a decent start to the season but recently his fucking bulbous arse had been shite. Giving balls away all the time and getting bummed. Perez is a fucking show pony. So why bring him on in a physical game like that?

Get Mitro on to hold the ball up and wrestle the game back into our control. Then bring the show pony on.

Diame, was he even on the pitch?!

Fair play to Wendy's came, got physical and fully deserved the 3 points.

Don't wanna Question Rafa like but if them subs were made by anyone else it would be outrage surly.

Squad depth is a myth when your next choice midfielder is Colback.

Diame , Perez and Atsu were all utter shite too.

Need a couple of fresh faces imo.

Edited by NJS

Yup. Hope shelvey's suspension forces Ashley's handbibto buying an alternative playmaker because without him we look a bit pedestrian.

Need someone like Carrick

Edited by Dr Gloom

Awful to be honest. Haydon and Colback look much better alongside shelvey. By themselves they're a bit, well, shit, creatively at least. We're so fucking flat at home at times and it's a bit of a worry that when we go behind it's almost always curtains. We can all see the good points of this squad under Rafa but fuck me, we've seen some bang average performances mixed in with the hidings we've gave. Must do better and probably will.

Aye we desperately need a CM, Colback showed everyone that he simply isn't up to being a professional football player outside of perhaps League One. Diame should start in CM alongside Hayden until we can bring someone in.

It worries me that Rafa is so against Mitrovic that he didn't bring him on in a game that was clearly screaming out for a player of his type. Perez doesn't look like he suits this division at all sadly, he just gets completely bullied and honestly he hid from the ball towards the end.