Newcastle United v Nottingham Forest

sammynb

Goals? Will there be goals?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Done.

btw.

UT 0 - 3 Forest

NUFC to score
0 - sammynb
1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, MiddleAgeCool, Holden McGroin, Ant, OTF, The Fish, Anorthernsoul
2 - aimaad22, wykikitoon, Rayvin, Dr Gloom, strawb, Jintsay, ewerk, StoneColdStephenIreland, ohhh_yeah, Happy Face, @yourservice, zico martin, ToonMarshy
3 - Howay, Andrew, Tom, Kitman, scoobos
4+ - Dougle

NUFC to Concede
0 - aimaad22, wykikitoon, Rayvin, strawb, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Howay, Andrew, ewerk, StoneColdStephenIreland, Dougle, Tom, OTF, Kitman, Anorthernsoul, Happy Face
1 - Dr Gloom, Holden McGroin, Jintsay, Ant, ohhh_yeah, The Fish, scoobos, @yourservice, zico martin
2 - MiddleAgeCool, ToonMarshy
3 - sammynb
4+ - 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not confident about any games unless Rafa sorts out the glaring problems from yesterday

-Gayle anonymous up front and getting a bit too whiny for his own good

-Zero creativity in the middle

-Full backs caught out time and time again

-I thought Lascelles was poor too. A few occasions where he could have nicked a ball off forestieri and just backed off and backed off

The likes of Lazaar, Murphy and Mitrovic must be sick as chips

I'm not confident about any games unless Rafa sorts out the glaring problems from yesterday

-Gayle anonymous up front and getting a bit too whiny for his own good

-Zero creativity in the middle

-Full backs caught out time and time again

-I thought Lascelles was poor too. A few occasions where he could have nicked a ball off forestieri and just backed off and backed off

The likes of Lazaar, Murphy and Mitrovic must be at least as poor, if not worse than those in front of them.

FYP

I have trust in Rafa. We aren't up there by pure fluke. Aye a lot of this league is shite but that result could be the rocket up the arse.

Gayle is annoying and winey but he must be frustrated as fuck at lack of service. Diame yesterday was dropping deeper and deeper all game.

I would like to see Atsu and Mitro start against these. I think Atsu could cause these big problems.

Just listed the exact same 4 in another thread to sell in the summer.

Easier said than done though. We worked wonders in the summer to build a squad to get promoted with 10+ in and 10+ out. Going to be a lot harder to donitnthe other way around

I can't stand watching Anita and Dummett both playing full back. I think after Anita's horrific performance against Wednesday Rafa will put Yedlin in. 

The hardest issue is the Colback and Hayden one, a possibility would be to drop Diame into CM alongside Hayden but the only viable option if we did that would be to play Mitrovic alongside Gayle which Rafa isn't going to do, Perez isn't a viable option as we just saw what he does against a physical side and we're going to see a very physical side in Forest. I agree with Tom and the others that Atsu deserves a start, he was probably the brightest spark when he came on and he really does create opportunities whereas a lot of the others were passing to the CB's.

I'm hopeful that now we've played everyone once the team, and the manager, will be more aware of how teams are going to play against us and will react accordingly.

They seem to set up so differently for us than they do anyone else in the league that scouting their matches in the run up to playing them would have a limited amount of use.

Barely anyone has come to play against us, home or away, spoiling is the order of the day, even for teams up at the top end of the division.

I really hope we smash this lot though, no match this season has left a worse impression than against forest at home, diving, niggling, cheating, cowardly bastards.

I'm hopeful that now we've played everyone once the team, and the manager, will be more aware of how teams are going to play against us and will react accordingly.

They seem to set up so differently for us than they do anyone else in the league that scouting their matches in the run up to playing them would have a limited amount of use.

Barely anyone has come to play against us, home or away, spoiling is the order of the day, even for teams up at the top end of the division.

I really hope we smash this lot though, no match this season has left a worse impression than against forest at home, diving, niggling, cheating, cowardly bastards.

No one likes a scab. :good:

Less tickets this time down there, they were knobs about the bars you could get in last time, this year as well by all accounts, plus the game itself. Fuck'em.

How poorly has M'Bemba been doing in training? He has a few mistakes in his game but he's got pace and an instinct to assist in attack. The fullbacks should be the first to be swapped out, but the sideways passes between the defenders when we're at 0-0 are bad enough let alone the same occurring when we're behind. Coloccini had the nous to start movements from the back that Lascelles and Clark have shown no signs of.

Yeah but it was always expected teams were going to set up like this against us, not that you can always successfully counter opponent tactics of course. Rafa or not.

I think we simply just didnt have enough creative footballers out there against Wednesday, and we've often suspected this might be the case minus Shelvey. Creative is pushing it for this lot as well, they're a bunch of sideway passing machines.

Agree with those saying Atsu should replace Gouffran. Diame dropping in for Colback is tempting too, not sure that will happen though considering 4-4-2 doenst seem to be on the table and Perez has been absolutely shite.

Shef Wed was shit, but lets not panic. Colback, Hayden cannot be the centre if the fullbacks are Anita and Dummett. Ritchie has offered very little for a while, but I think we have to keep him in the team for the quality he can provide from set pieces. 

I'd go with 

Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett

Ritchie Hayden Colback/Anita Atsu

Mitrovic Gayle

but I reckon Rafa will go with 

Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett

Hayden Diame

Ritchie --- Perez --- Atsu

Gayle

I don't see him starting diame deeper

Nah, he'll play Colback and Hayden. The one thing I'm really hoping for is that Yedlin starts over Anita as then it gives us more creativity and threat since Anita offers absolutely fuck all going forward because he is shit.