Blackburn

Andrew

Goals? I hear goals?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It has all gone to shite since Cathro left for Hearts.

Cathro in!

It was one of those days, first 45 we battered them.

Then we were undone by Colback's lack of discipline.

Colback needs to be replaced but honestly if anyone is to blame it is Shelvey and his attitude.

If he wasn't suspended for something stupid Colback would not be playing and there would be more creativity in the midfield.

Piss the bed at the end of the season if we don't get promoted but not yet.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Face, on twitter, many times

I said it was mental to criticise him on new years eve and I said it was ungracious last night.  So twice.

I didn't direct it at anyone in particular because everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I also made the point there and here about Mitro, that we scored for fun (16 goals) and never lost in the first 4 games Mitro started, but in his 5th game against Blackburn we lost at home and he was very poor.  There is clearly something in calls for him to get more games and offer something different when we did so well with him starting, but he's not been started in over a month since that game when he let Rafa down which suggests either a longer term strategy from the manager either to get the kid's mind right (much as he did in the first month with Shelvey) or to not waste time trying to work on a style that will include a target man that can't act as a target and ship him out.

The whole criticism of previous managers is that they never built a style of play, they would only do whatever it took to get a result game to game.  Square pegs in round holes all over the shop.  Underperforming stars played week in and week out, regardless of performance, in the hope that one game they might perform well enough that we scrape a win.

Yet here are the fanbase asking why players Rafa has either deemed don't fit his system, or meet the effort level he demands don't get another chance as soon as a result or 2 goes the wrong way.  Why we don't try Diame further back, or our top scorer at new year in 20+ years alongside someone else rather than where he's been effective in getting those goals as a lone striker.

I don't disagree with any of the criticism individual players have had and I'm keen to see better players start over poor players, but I'll have a little patience while Rafa deals with the loss of Shelvey.

It's a weakness I hope we address in this window. Deep lying quarterback style playmakers don't grow on trees though. Maybe we should try to tempt Viana out of retirement

It's a weakness I hope we address in this window. Deep lying quarterback style playmakers don't grow on trees though. Maybe we should try to tempt Viana out of retirement

Was wondering if there'd be any merit in taking Cabaye back (in the summer, once CP are relegated ;) )

I know what you mean though, they're few and far between.

Only if he's willing to play DM.

It's reasonable to criticise after a defeat, no?

I suppose it is but I just can't get my head around why anyone would want to at the moment. Things are going better than most of us could ever have hoped. We all hoped we'd do well this season but if we're honest there were a lot of unknowns and uncertainties. We are fucking flying. Therefore, criticising, especially in the really over the top way that some are doing it (not you Fish) is really the last thing on my mind and the negativity of some people just amazes me.

About the likes of Colback: yes, they aren't up to much but the reason he's here is nowt to do with Benitez - it's the fault of previous managers and Ashley's previous mistakes. That's in the past now. The club is unrecogniseable to what it was this time last year, or at any time in the last 10 years, and I'll just never get my head around why people would be so keen to criticise. Colback will be getting binned off and replaced by better at the earliest opportunity. We've had one window under Benitez and things are going very, very well.

I suppose it is but I just can't get my head around why anyone would want to at the moment. Things are going better than most of us could ever have hoped. We all hoped we'd do well this season but if we're honest there were a lot of unknowns and uncertainties. We are fucking flying. Therefore, criticising, especially in the really over the top way that some are doing it (not you Fish) is really the last thing on my mind and the negativity of some people just amazes me.

About the likes of Colback: yes, they aren't up to much but the reason he's here is nowt to do with Benitez - it's the fault of previous managers and Ashley's previous mistakes. That's in the past now. The club is unrecogniseable to what it was this time last year, or at any time in the last 10 years, and I'll just never get my head around why people would be so keen to criticise. Colback will be getting binned off and replaced by better at the earliest opportunity. We've had one window under Benitez and things are going very, very well.

The minimum acceptable goal for this season is promotion. We'll not manage that through the play-offs because we're Newcastle, so it has to be the auto-slots. As such, it could be better than it is presently.

If we don't get promoted, Benitez is unlikely to even stay. I think it's make or break this season, which makes every defeat more potent.

Some of our players are limited, it's no secret, yet Rafa has us near the top with loads of wins and an insane goal difference because he's drilling these players to play a certain way and making them a unit because he's a very good manager. We're not Brazil 70 but if/when we get promoted I won't give a toss. The bloke needs time build the club/team and if we back him I'm pretty sure he'll deliver. Right now he's doing what he can with what he has to play with and it's generally working. I was pissed off we lost yesterday but a little perspective goes a long way sometimes.

Some of our players are limited, it's no secret, yet Rafa has us near the top with loads of wins and an insane goal difference because he's drilling these players to play a certain way and making them a unit because he's a very good manager. We're not Brazil 70 but if/when we get promoted I won't give a toss. The bloke needs time build the club/team and if we back him I'm pretty sure he'll deliver. Right now he's doing what he can with what he has to play with and it's generally working. I was pissed off we lost yesterday but a little perspective goes a long way sometimes.

Well put

Colback and Gouffran cling to this club like limpet mines.

Fans following the media a couple of months ago claiming Goufran had had "an amazing comeback" under Rafa etc etc :D

As we've said on this board more than once; "narrative" :good:

If he doesn't want to drop Diame back and play Mitro then what's wrong in putting Anita in CM and Yedlin at RB?

Watching that tackle by Colback just makes me angry. Like fucking Boris Johnsons tackle in that charity game

If he doesn't want to drop Diame back and play Mitro then what's wrong in putting Anita in CM and Yedlin at RB?

Watching that tackle by Colback just makes me angry. Like fucking Boris Johnsons tackle in that charity game

As soon as the ref blew, I knew it was 1-0 to them, it was on the cards man.

How many first choice premier league players did we sign? Ritchie?...the squad is decent at this level but ffs let's look at things objectively and not just with a hugely positive slant when we win a few, nor the with the corresponding utterly fuckin ridiculous revisionism when things aren't going well.

Yeah Im just saying that was the general consensus, that we'd pull away at the top this time of the year. 

Some of our players are limited, it's no secret

Colback/Gouffran/Dummett/Anita etc. They'd kill to be just limited :D

Edited by aimaad22

I dread to think what would happen if we don't take one of the top two places. I don't like the play offs never have done the fact a team can finish 6th & gain promotion isn't right. Blackpool, West Ham & Crystal Palace have all done it in fact Palace have done it twice. Come on lads let's push on & secure one of the top two spots. Ashley needs to have his cheque book ready & give Rafa whatever he needs this window failure to be promoted would be an all round disaster.

I dread to think what would happen if we don't take one of the top two places. I don't like the play offs never have done the fact a team can finish 6th & gain promotion isn't right. Blackpool, West Ham & Crystal Palace have all done it in fact Palace have done it twice. Come on lads let's push on & secure one of the top two spots. Ashley needs to have his cheque book ready & give Rafa whatever he needs this window failure to be promoted would be an all round disaster.

You dread too often mate. 

We're comfortably clear of the promotion spots, we've money to spend in January and when Shelvey returns we'll be in a much better state. 

Don't worry, we've got this.

The league looks slippery when you see that both Brighton & Reading have a game in hand on us, no so much when you realise it's against each other.

There isn't a poor result for us from that game in hand.

The league looks slippery when you see that both Brighton & Reading have a game in hand on us, no so much when you realise it's against each other.

There isn't a poor result for us from that game in hand.

Readings game in hand is against QPR tonight mate