Blackburn

Andrew

Goals? I hear goals?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

no offence but i stopped reading at the end of that sentence, literally his first goal for us was a diving header against man city ffs :lol: i'd say 70% of his goals were probably headers/him controlling a long ball/cross to finish off

455mins of football most ten minutes here/there,  3goals 2 assists

Gayles on some scoring run but mitros return is hardly bad, and the answer should never be daryl murphy 

OK but I have a different impression. I think he's not as good at it as Gayle - that was the point of my post. 

On the other hand it might be the case that Mitrovic has more potential to develop into a better Premier League player in time, due to his size.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offence but i stopped reading at the end of that sentence, literally his first goal for us was a diving header against man city ffs :lol: i'd say 70% of his goals were probably headers/him controlling a long ball/cross to finish off

455mins of football most ten minutes here/there,  3goals 2 assists

Gayles on some scoring run but mitros return is hardly bad, and the answer should never be daryl murphy 

But Mitro is clearly being a wanker and Rafa is trying to mould a player for the long term... or keep that attitude out of his team until he can be sold.

Must be doing it in training then, and if that's the case we need to sell him, not say he's not for sale in january while we bring on daryl murphy as our backup plan who matters so little no one can even be arsed to update his wikipedia appearances table with anything Newcastle.

as much as i like Rafa, seeing Colback and Murphy anywhere near playing for us is melting my head, and where's mbemba?

Mbemba's last start was the same as Mitro.  The defeat to Blackburn at home.

I was reading Touching Distance before christmas and the chapter where Bez told Keegan "I fucking told you" because Ginola wouldn't track back.  He got dragged off immediately and didn't play again all season, despite the title being on the line.

It's what the best managers do.  They set a standard and if it's not met then the slacker is punished and has to work bloody hard to get back in favour.  It's more valuable as a warning to every other player than 3 points are in the short term.

I don't know if that is what's happening to Mitro and Mbemba.  Clark has done well so Mbemba might just be being patient and training well.  But I think in Mitro's case the pointed reference to Murphy working hard in training and deserving it spells out pretty clearly what's going on in his case.

Good post HF. Mbemba looked very iffy against Blackburn, including a couple of Bramble-esque moments. That's normal for someone who hasn't been playing and I like him as a defender - he looked one of our better player last season, but centre defence isn't a worry at all for me - Lascelles and Clarke with Darlow behind plenty good enough so far :up:  

Edited by Dickie

Cheers Dickie.

I would add, that I don't think it's cut and dry.  The Keegan example I gave is counter balanced by the fact that he let Ginola get away with murder.  He could smoke a fag on the half way line until the ball came back up that way and Keegan would be ok with it, because he was an irreplaceable spark of genius that oppositions couldn't deal with.

He would do the same for Ben Arfa, whereas Pardew wouldn't.  I think Keegan's position was consistent in that everyone was doing what was asked of them.  Pardew's problem was asking Ben Arfa to do something he's never done or was ever going to do at any club and hanging him out to dry while other gutless lazy performers got away with disgusting performances that Ben Arfa could paper over in a single moment of genius.

Mitro hasn't got the ability or experience of either of those players and it's pretty cut and dry to me that he doesn't deserve any leeway if he's reacting poorly to being dropped.

..and one more bit of balance in this monologue, despite being unconvinced Mitro is worth accomodating if he's reacted poorly, his only 4 starts before the Blackburn defeat were all victories - 6-0, 6-0, 2-1, 2-1

Averageing 4 goals a game when he starts doesn't suggest his trouble is fitting into a system that will work.  You have to have some sympathy if he is frustrated, but as a young lad he might still need to learn how best to channel frustration.

NUFC to Score

0 - sammynb, Monkeys Fist, TheGingerQuiff

1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, Holden McGroin

2 - Ant, acrossthepond, Dougle, Kitman, Dr Gloom, MiddleAgeCool, @yourservice, Happy Face

3 - StoneColdStephenIreland, Howay, The Fish, Rayvin, aimaad22, Tom

4+ - ewerk, OTF, scoobos, zicomartin

NUFC to Concede

0 - StoneColdStephenIreland, Howay, The Fish, Rayvin, ewerk, Dougle, Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, Tom

1 - Ant, acrossthepond, aimaad22, OTF, Kitman, Dr Gloom, MiddleAgeCool, scoobos, Happy Face

2 - @yourservice, Holden McGroin, zicomartin

3 - sammynb

4+ - Monkeys Fist, TheGingerQuiff

Obviously I've no problem with Rafa starting Gayle given his preposterous scoring record at the minute, but I don't understand the limited time Mitro is getting from the bench. I'm not sure Murphy's position on the bench was necessarily because Mitro's application is poor, it could just as well be that Murphy hasn't been making the bench at all and he deserved a shot. Doesn't mean Mitro's been bad in training, just that Murphy earned his spot. 

Has to be said Murphy didn't really do anything against Blackburn to suggest he'll have taken that substitute spot away from Mitro going forward.

I wonder if we'd been creating more from the wings would Mitrovic have featured more? None of our wide men have been particularly catching the eye and I think a lot of our goals have come through short passes rather than traditional crosses. I've tried to find somewhere that details the areas our assists come from, but have come up short.

Mitro's a decent young player, who certainly applies himself during the game, he need to calm down for sure, but he's never going to learn how to deal with the hustle and bustle of English football if he never gets experience of it.

..by this rationale, i would expect a long stint out for Colback after his shambles at the weekend, but the ACON might leave Rafa's hands tied.

:lol: Was just about to post this after reading your theory. Really hoping it is the last time we see him play.

I agree with the Fish's post about Mitro, no problem with Gayle starting as he has been doing a cracking job but Mitro has done enough with the time he has had to deserve decent playing time especially in games when a chance of pace might be good.

Murphy did nowt but has basically never played and is extremely limited anyway so I can't complain about him but it means Mitro should at least be on the bench. Maybe HF is right and he's acting the arse in training or Rafa is trying to spark a reaction from him but it's canny hard for the lad to do anything if he's never getting on the pitch. Either way I'm not particularly worried about it I just like Mitro and think he has potential to be a canny Premier League forward (8 goals in his first season points to that) so worry there is a clash between him and Rafa and we're going to lose him.

So basically we are guessing that Mitro must have a bad attitude in training? I've heard nothing to suggest that. Mitro had 1 bad game and hasn't started since. He did play in the 2 games where we put 6 past the opposition though

So basically we are guessing that Mitro must have a bad attitude in training? I've heard nothing to suggest that. Mitro had 1 bad game and hasn't started since. He did play in the 2 games where we put 6 past the opposition though

Rafa praised (£3m cover) Murphy's effort in training and gave him (£13m most expensive striker) Mitro's squad place.

If Mitro has been training well and it wasn't intended as a kick up the arse then it's a kick in the teeth and you have to think it would damage his enthusiasm and hasten his exit.

Personally I would give Mitro a chance not because I think he's a world beater or he should play ahead of Gayle but because I think Gayle could possibly do even better with someone with him giving the opposition something else to think about.  Perez certainly hasn't done that this season (or last for that matter).

And whether he starts or not, Rafa needs to think about some of his substitutions.  To me it seemed an obvious move on Monday to bring Murphy on before they scored to give us extra firepower when we were well on top but struggling to score.  When he wasn't brought on and they scored he should have certainly been brought on immediately at that point. To bring him on in the 88th minute was ridiculous (just as it had been on Boxing Day with Mitro) and gave him no chance to make an impact.

Rafa praised (£3m cover) Murphy's effort in training and gave him (£13m most expensive striker) Mitro's squad place.

If Mitro has been training well and it wasn't intended in a kick up thew arse then it's a kick in the teeth and you have to think it would damage his enthusiasm and hasten his exit.

I thought we paid £5m for Murphy.

Personally I think he just doesn't rate Mitro.  That's fair enough but we should be replacing him with who he does rate because we need another option imo.

Whatever the reason for not selecting Mitro,he has to be sold this month otherwise what is the point of having him at the club.We are reluctant to get down the line and put centres in.Keeping the ball in the hope someone can produce a magical pass doesn't always work.Delph would bring a bit pace and dynamism to the team.

If Mitro has been training well and it wasn't intended in a kick up thew arse then it's a kick in the teeth and you have to think it would damage his enthusiasm and hasten his exit.

Or Murphy's inclusion has little to do with Mitrovic and more to do with rotating the bench a bit? Nobody says playing Anita ahead of Yedlin is to give Yedlin a kick up the arse,  nor having Lazaar on the bench is because Gamez is poor in training. It's just accepted that the squad is rotated a bit. Yet, Mitro's exclusion is because he's got a bad attitude in training? 

Whatever the reason for not selecting Mitro,he has to be sold this month otherwise what is the point of having him at the club.We are reluctant to get down the line and put centres in.Keeping the ball in the hope someone can produce a magical pass doesn't always work.Delph would bring a bit pace and dynamism to the team.

This is fucking disgrace of a post and you should be ashamed.

As pointed out Mitro could give Gayle the support he could do with up front when he's being hustled & bustled off the ball . As I've said before he may not be as prolific as Gayle but nobody can doubt his commitment when he's on the pitch. There's obviously a problem somewhere to only get 2 or 3 minutes game time then to not even feature in the squad as I said on a previous post I think he may be a done deal with a Premiership club I guess we'll soon see.

I wouldn't mind giving Elliot a game to let him carry on his recovery. Sels is a waste of time tbh, very similar age to Darlow and not as good.

Edited by Howay

I wouldn't mind giving Elliot a game to let him carry on his recovery. Sels is a waste of time tbh, very similar age to Darlow and not as good.

Only if he's doing well for the reserves. I'd prioritise our progress over our sub keeper's recovery.