Blackburn

Andrew

Goals? I hear goals?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading win their next game and we are 3 points off the playoffs ffs

Rafa has done wonders this season but he's at fault for some of our losses too. We've been largely shite without Shelvey and he had no plan B. Not sure what Atsu and Mitrovic have to do to get a start

We just have nothing without Shelvey. Ritchie has been poor recently, hasn't stepped up at all when we needed him. 

Hayden doesn't have enough ability on the ball to be a creative force, Gouffran is, well, Gouffran, and we all know about Colback. Diame flatters to deceive usually and we're playing two full backs that look like they're playing pinball anytime they touch the ball. For a squad that has the highest wage in the league by far it's simply not good enough, hearing a manager as shit as Owen Coyle say "we knew what to do we've beaten Newcastle before" is galling, Rafa has to shoulder a good amount of blame in recent weeks as he's not even trying to do anything man he's just chucking the same players on in the same places every week.

Absolutely fuming. Dreadful, dreadful day. Teams around us picked up points AND have a game in hand. We don't play in the league again for 2 weeks. Painful to watch, that match.

Need 3-4 good signings to make things comfortable and then I'm not so sure. 7 losses already is just pathetic. Brighton have lost just twice all season.

The daft part is I'm barely even frustrated with Colback, I expect that sort of utter self destructive performance from him, he should be nowhere near the fucking team man. What on Earth has he done that makes Rafa keep selecting him? At the very very least Rafa could play Perez in AMC and drop Diame to CM to keep his precious shit formation and group of top choices playing.

If Colback is anywhere near the side that plays Brentford I'm seriously questioning what the fuck Rafa is thinking, today should be a rocket up his arse to get people in.

For fuck sake. Brighton come back from a losing position, so do Reading. We've been awful for the last five games (Wigan, Burton, Sheff Wed, Forest and Blackburn) and our tactics haven't changed. Reading win their game in hand and they are within three points.

We should be walking this league with the squad we've got, we shouldn't need the transfer window but its looking like that's what we need to turn things around. Our final ball,in the second half, was woeful.

I really like Benitez but he needs a plan B (and to stop picking Colback, Dummett, Anita and Gouffran).

The daft part is I'm barely even frustrated with Colback, I expect that sort of utter self destructive performance from him, he should be nowhere near the fucking team man. What on Earth has he done that makes Rafa keep selecting him? At the very very least Rafa could play Perez in AMC and drop Diame to CM to keep his precious shit formation and group of top choices playing.

If Colback is anywhere near the side that plays Brentford I'm seriously questioning what the fuck Rafa is thinking, today should be a rocket up his arse to get people in.

He's the closest thing to a true out and out CM we've got if Shelvey is out.

I, and I'm sure many others, pointed out in the summer how we needed another playmaker. It was the one obvious position that we didn't and don't have at least 2 options for. Probably Rafa's biggest mistake - did he really feel he could trust the likes of Colback to do a job in the centre of the park?

Spot on Billy, it's as if our lot are just waiting for the window as they're not trying new things or making new plans it's just the same line ups and formation every single game despite it getting worse and worse.

I understand Dummett playing to a degree because we've not seen anyone else play there (although surely we should be trying Lazaar ffs) but Atsu has been far better than Gouffran recently and Yedlin has been head and shoulders above Anita, so it makes no sense that Anita and Gouffran appear favorites. Colback simply shouldn't even be on the bench he somehow looks more out of his depth than he did in the Premier League, opposing teams CM's must be buzzing when they see that soft little twat is in the line up.

For fuck sake. Brighton come back from a losing position, so do Reading. We've been awful for the last five games (Wigan, Burton, Sheff Wed, Forest and Blackburn) and our tactics haven't changed. Reading win their game in hand and they are within three points.

We should be walking this league with the squad we've got, we shouldn't need the transfer window but its looking like that's what we need to turn things around. Our final ball,in the second half, was woeful.

I'm just bitter towards Brighton and Reading now, fair play to them, they keep picking up points even if they don't play well. Often through late goals. Seems they can find ways through sides like Blackburn that we can't. Frankly at this very moment my money would be on them two to go up, but I do think we'll be alright once Shelvey is back and we add to the squad.

Anita, Perez, Colback, Dummett and Gouffran can do one. Should all be subs at bench in this league, never mind the Premier League.

I'm just bitter towards Brighton and Reading now, fair play to them, they keep picking up points even if they don't play well. Often through late goals. Seems they can find ways through sides like Blackburn that we can't. Frankly at this very moment my money would be on them two to go up, but I do think we'll be alright once Shelvey is back and we add to the squad.

Anita, Perez, Colback, Dummett and Gouffran can do one. Should all be subs at bench in this league, never mind the Premier League.

What I will say is sides aren't dumping 9 behind the ball against them two like they are against us, it's not an excuse for our lot mind as with the money we've spent they should be finding a way through.

As I said earlier if Colback and Gouffran line up against Brentford I've no idea of what logic our lot are using, we need to go out and get creative players ASAP as all we're seeing is 5 yard passes back and forth across midfield without Shelvey. I expect Anita in the line up mind as for some worrying reason Rafa seems to genuinely rate the useless bloke, no clue what he brings to the side, even defensively he consistently loses his man and does nothing but give the ball away in attack.

Spot on Billy, it's as if our lot are just waiting for the window as they're not trying new things or making new plans it's just the same line ups and formation every single game despite it getting worse and worse.

I understand Dummett playing to a degree because we've not seen anyone else play there (although surely we should be trying Lazaar ffs) but Atsu has been far better than Gouffran recently and Yedlin has been head and shoulders above Anita, so it makes no sense that Anita and Gouffran appear favorites. Colback simply shouldn't even be on the bench he somehow looks more out of his depth than he did in the Premier League, opposing teams CM's must be buzzing when they see that soft little twat is in the line up.

Yep, Colback is as poor in this league as he was in the Premier League. Dummett is shite but he is less shite this season than he was last season, he's probably a League One player. I'm not sure what Colback's level is but he would probably be out of his depth in League One. Maybe League of Wales or something like that.

Anita is also far too small and weak to excel in this league. He gets out-muscled far too often. Fair enough if he's playing against someone of the stature of say Jesus Navas but in this league... ?

Absolutely had enough of him, I find it impossible to believe that Yedlin is any worse defensively even if he's a very attack-minded full back.

Same with Dummett - offers fuck all.

The players we all laughed about last time we were in this league (Smith etc) were all significantly more influential and effective.

Yep, Colback is as poor in this league as he was in the Premier League. Dummett is shite but he is less shite this season than he was last season, he's probably a League One player. I'm not sure what Colback's level is but he would probably be out of his depth in League One. Maybe League of Wales or something like that.

It's staggering to think he's a millionaire from playing football, he's not even decent at anything. As I said before the game all he does is pass 5 yards but his pass completion % isn't even good considering he doesn't attempt passes over that, he must give away more fouls than I've seen from anyone which shows he can't tackle at all, he doesn't get assists and he doesn't get goals. He's not even a physical presence or particularly athletic, genuinely no idea what people think he brings to a team.

Whenever I watch even lower half Championship sides they have CM's that seem to do a ton more than Colback yet they'll never earn as much or play at as high a level as Colback, it's genuinely confusing. If someone that knows as little as me about football can watch Colback and think he has no right to be near a pitch (something we've all been saying for 3 years now) how the fuck can countless scouts, coaches and managers who see thousands of hours of players playing think aye that lad brings something to the team enough to pay him 20k+ a week. I don't think I remember him touching the ball today really as all he does is give it back to whoever gave him the ball, all I remember is him conceding a soft corner and then that stupid foul for the free kick. 

Colback has spent his entire career playing in terrible teams at the wrong end of the table. In that context, you can get by being able to run around, snap into tackles and keep play simple when you do have the ball. If he had come through at a top half Premier League team, he'd have been sold after about a dozen appearances and would have been in the Championship or League 1 years ago.

Yedlin an Atsu should have been in the team for Anita and Gouffran as soon as Shelvey got banned. Our only threat without Shelvey is down the flanks, so it would be good to have players on the wing the can actually do something with the ball.

Edited by toon_don

Anita is also far too small and weak to excel in this league. He gets out-muscled far too often. Fair enough if he's playing against someone of the stature of say Jesus Navas but in this league... ?

Absolutely had enough of him, I find it impossible to believe that Yedlin is any worse defensively even if he's a very attack-minded full back.

Same with Dummett - offers fuck all.

The players we all laughed about last time we were in this league (Smith etc) were all significantly more influential and effective.

Agreed, we're carrying far too many players in this side. Honestly the only ones worth owt that play regularly are Shelvey, Ritchie and Gayle, the rest are either looking around hoping someone else does something, benefiting from those three doing something or being a liability. I don't include Hayden as he looks raw and really only seems to perform alongside Shelvey, although I'm sure most would find playing alongside Colback challenging.

I can't stomach watching Anita anymore either, we've seen him for years and he's another one that isn't good at anything, after him helping Sheff Wed out massively the other week I think Yedlin is better than him defensively as well.

Jack Colback who got called up to the England Squad Jack Colback?  That Jack Colback?

I have no fucking idea either man. :lol:  Must be fucking amazing in training.

Not even arsed about the cup next weekend like. We don't need the distraction

Agreed, we need to focus on automatic promotion and our lot looked toothless enough (with Shelvey) against one of the worst PL sides so I struggle to imagine they'd do much against one of the higher sides that will be taking the FA cup seriously.