Brentford (a) 14/01/2017

The Fish

Brentford  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

C1t9JZaXUAAOr-5.jpg

C1t9SYwWQAI4BIF.jpg

NUFC To Score
0 - 
1 - The Fish, Dougle, Kevin Carr's Gloves, David Kelly, MiddleAgeCool, tooner, Holden McGroin, OTF
2 - Rayvin, rogerbarton, ewerk, strawb, Happy Face, StoneColdStephenIreland, Howay, Anorthernsoul, wykikitoon, scoobos, acrossthepond, aimaad22, barnabox, LooneyToony, @yourservice, Kitman, Dr Gloom
3 - Ant, Andrew, Jintsay, ohhh_yeah, Tom, Monkeys Fist
4+ - 

NUFC To Concede
0 - Ant, rogerbarton, ewerk, Dougle, strawb, Happy Face, Kevin Carr's Gloves, David Kelly, Howay, wykikitoon, Jintsay, OTF, ohhh_yeah, Tom, Monkeys Fist, barnabox
1 - The Fish, Rayvin, Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, Anorthernsoul, tooner, Holden McGroin, scoobos, acrossthepond, aimaad22, LooneyToony, Kitman, Dr Gloom
2 - @yourservice
3 - MiddleAgeCool
4+ - 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a convincing win would be nice. might try and get myself along to this

Was desperate to get to this game, but it's just not going to happen. 

What's so appealing about Brentford away, exactly? Is it just nearer for you guys..? Which would be odd since (Fish) you live at a different end of the country now.

Edited by Rayvin

What's so appealing about Brentford away, exactly? Is it just nearer for you guys..? Which would be odd since (Fish) you live at a different end of the country now.

Brentford has a pub on 3 of the corners of the ground, it's a "proper" old fashioned stadium and it's not likely we'll have an opportunity to face them again for a while.

nothing other than it's about an hour from where i live

It's sold out apparently but I'd guess there might be a fair few people wanting to sell their tickets because of the change.  

I see we've still not gone back to the insulting thread titles.  I was tempted to go for a defeat on that basis alone!

I'm also in attendance, Brentford still have terracing at the away end and a pub on all FOUR corners @@The Fish :D

The Griffin - Located at the corner of Braemar Road and Brook Road.[52] The interior and exterior of the pub was used as a location in the 2004 film Green Street and is also visible in the 1954 film The Rainbow Jacket.[53][54]

The Princess Royal - Located at the corner of Braemar Road and Ealing Road.[55]

The New Inn - Located at the corner of New Road and Ealing Road.[56]

The Royal Oak - Located at the corner of New Road and Brook Road.[57]

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/interactive/2013/mar/15/brentford-football-club-pub-each-corner-interactive

Edited by PaddockLad

If I remember rightly from 93, if you get off at south Ealing or whatever it is, the road down leads straight to the ground and there's a canny few bars on the way. Don't think we actually went to any of the corner pubs.

I'm also in attendance, Brentford still have terracing at the away end and a pub on all FOUR corners @@The Fish :D

The Griffin - Located at the corner of Braemar Road and Brook Road.[52] The interior and exterior of the pub was used as a location in the 2004 film Green Street and is also visible in the 1954 film The Rainbow Jacket.[53][54]

The Princess Royal - Located at the corner of Braemar Road and Ealing Road.[55]

The New Inn - Located at the corner of New Road and Ealing Road.[56]

The Royal Oak - Located at the corner of New Road and Brook Road.[57]

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/interactive/2013/mar/15/brentford-football-club-pub-each-corner-interactive

I thought one of them had closed?

I thought one of them had closed?

One of them is apparently closing due to the forthcoming ground redevelopment, according to the Chelsea supporting native of Brentford at work :good:

Which one do you not want to meet in this time? :razz:

One of them is apparently closing due to the forthcoming ground redevelopment, according to the Chelsea supporting native of Brentford at work :good:

Which one do you not want to meet in this time? :razz:

I was there at Fulham, I was the fool that smashed his head on the low door, you were obviously just too shy to come up and talk to a living legend.

I was there at Fulham, I was the fool that smashed his head on the low door, you were obviously just too shy to come up and talk to a living legend.

:lol: ah yes, so you did......tbh I thought you were either mortal or about to be sectioned :unsure:

:lol: ah yes, so you did......tbh I thought you were either mortal or about to be sectioned :unsure:

Well, I wasn't sober.

What a fucking shit game that was <_<, afterwards we tried the bricklayers again but we'd actually drank the place dry :lol:

:lol: Think he means on telly like.

No Trooper I don't think it's on tv, so it'll be another match listening to the radio. Worst part of this season is we're barely on, I'm sure last time we were on fairly regular but I could be remembering wrong.

:lol: Think he means on telly like.

No Trooper I don't think it's on tv, so it'll be another match listening to the radio. Worst part of this season is we're barely on, I'm sure last time we were on fairly regular but I could be remembering wrong.

We definitely were at first, because the BBC had the rights for football league for one season iirc, and everyone was hoping to see a big old spectacular crash and burn.

We were on less once it became clear we'd win the league at a canter.