Newcastle United v Birmingham City - FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

wykikitoon

Whats the score like?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Forgot about that but I thought it was clear at the time and that seems to back it up.

Good ball from the young un.

On the freeze frame it looks like he could have blocked it with his head, non?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dunno: I just get a little frustrated with the need for a scapegoat. If we lose and he's playing, he tends to get more abuse than, say, Ritchie who has put in some absolutely lifting performances. The consensus is that Mitrovic has failed in this league, when the poor kid's hardly played. Generally only gets about 10 minutes at the end of a game.

I think any suggestion Mitro has failed are ludicrous. He's barely played but when he covered for Gayle he scored. I was confident he would have scored 20+ had he played regularly.

But Perez has been our worst player over the season (and was poor last too). Diame hasn't been great for a lot of the games, Colback was shite when asked to cover for Shelvey. and Dummett is Dummett. But Perez has been consistently poor when we've seen he can be a very good player in the past. It's easy to see why people are frustrated with him.

Ritchie has done very little in some games but I've not seen any in which he's played the type of shit that Perez has served up. And he's always looked up for it where Perez certainly hasn't.

I think any suggestion Mitro has failed are ludicrous. He's barely played but when he covered for Gayle he scored. I was confident he would have scored 20+ had he played regularly.

A goal every 118 minutes when you've been used as a sub 10 times out of 17 ain't bad at all.

I'm not joking when I say I think Hanley made 1 forward pass in the first half. He's fond of receiving a pass and passing it back to where it came from as well as running 10 yards up the pitch with the ball and then turning round and passing it backwards.

I'm not denying he won lots of headers but when you look at the clip of Birminghams front line is it any wonder. He was ball watching for their goal too, although the other CB didn't track his man either.

Willo mk2 for me.

NUFC to Score
0 - wykikitoon, acrossthepond, Ant
1 - Happy Face, MiddleAgeCool, Kevin Carr's Gloves, The Fish, Holden McGroin, rogerbarton, StoneColdStephenIreland, barnabox
2 - David Kelly, Howay, ewerk, Rayvin, @yourservice, Anorthernsoul, aimaad22, scoobos, strawb, ohhh_yeah, harrynufc
3 - Andrew, tooner, Dougle, OTF
4+ - Tom, sammynb

NUFC to Concede
0 - Happy Face, David Kelly, MiddleAgeCool, Howay, Kevin Carr's Gloves, ewerk, tooner, The Fish, Tom, @yourservice, Anorthernsoul, rogerbarton, StoneColdStephenIreland, Dougle, aimaad22, sammynb, ohhh_yeah
1 - wykikitoon, Andrew, acrossthepond, Rayvin, barnabox, OTF, scoobos, strawb, harrynufc
2 - Ant, Holden McGroin
3 - 
4+ - 

Well done Andrew and OTF

A goal every 118 minutes when you've been used as a sub 10 times out of 17 ain't bad at all.

Yep.

Who exactly was the person on here claiming that Mitro couldn't hack it? Or is this another one of those vague 'someone on twitter said' claims?

It was The Fish.

Agree with Howay and DK's assessments. 

re: the Mitro thing, I've never seen him moping, in fact, every time we score the big mad bastard streaks down the pitch to go celebrate with the lads. Hardly the behaviour of a Sulky Serb.

To be honest, I think Mitro is suffering a backlash; his pashun and rhetoric won over a lot of casual fans and a lot of the younger crowd too, older more cynical seem to take umbrage at this and insist he's done nothing to deserve this adoration.

The truth is that he can't hack it in this league and is never going to make it in the PL. Let him go on a free in January. He's been a disaster.

Edited by ewerk

Course it was :lol:

Albeit tongue in cheek I guess.

Tongue in cheek? completely rewritten more like. Ewerk's played you for a roight plum, me owld choina.

My problem with Perez over the last year and a half is that he doesn't make any great effort to get on the ball and try things. With young players you expect some inconsistency and you expect them to be trying things at the wrong times and in the wrong areas of the pitch, and you can forgive that cos you know they'll learn by experience. But the one thing they should have is bags of enthusiasm to get on the ball and make their name - it's just really odd that Perez doesn't show any of that. Loves a good rallying cry on twitter on match days mind. 

Aye the 2 youngins in midfield gave the ball away a couple times when under no real pressure and the lad on the wing was a bit weak at times but it's only their first game so not gonna judge them from last night as otherwise they were alright. The lad at the back had a decent game.

Shelvey was a class above the amount of times he'd drop into defence and Birmingham didn't know whether to pressure or drop off because of his range of passing.

Ritchie and Yedlin look like they could have a good partnership too as Ritchie likes to cut inside and hold the ball up for the overlap which Yedlin has the pace and energy to do.

Apparently nufc are going to make the whole match available to watch on the website.  If it brings in enough viewers to make it worthwhile, they might do it with championship games.

Fulham do this for their "registered" fans but they have to delay broadcast the game due to rights issues.

It was available for free the first season they were in the championship, now there is a subscription fee to access them.

Knowing Ashley and his love of earning a pound it's amazing the club has taken this long to float the idea, they've got the broadcast facilities and they record every home match so it would be difficult.

Only problem is you just know who they are going to bring out of retirement to call the game???

it's just really odd that Perez doesn't show any of that. Loves a good rallying cry on twitter on match days mind. 

Yeah those are really annoying sometimes, especially last year when we were so poor and half the team including him didnt seem to give a shite or have a clue half the time.

Apparently nufc are going to make the whole match available to watch on the website.  If it brings in enough viewers to make it worthwhile, they might do it with championship games.

That would be class :up:

https://twitter.com/NUFCs/status/821853174839578624

Why wasn't more made of the 'keeper seeming to handle outside the box around 1:35?

It's crackers that basically every single attacking highlight for us starts with Shelvey, he really is so integral to this team and it's brilliant that he's back. The pass that led to the pen is a proper reminder of what we've been missing as without him no one else in our side would make that pass tbh.

Aye you have to give Shelvey credit for the amount of space he gets himself into.  Opposition managers must be actively trying to prevent it but few have managed.  In this respect Shelvey is the complete opposite to Vukic who despite looking like a player with decent touch, never manages to find himself in any time and space.