Oxford United vs Newcastle United

ewerk

Predictions  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUFC To Score

0 - LooneyToony
1 - Holden McGroin, Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, acrossthepond, aimaad22
2 - Rayvin, sammynb, Dr Gloom, Dougle, OTF, Tom, ohhh_yeah
3 - Andrew, Howay, StoneColdStephenIreland, David Kelly, scoobos, The Fish, Ant, tooner, Kitman, rogerbarton, MiddleAgeCool, @yourservice, barnabox
4+ - strawb, zico martin, Anorthernsoul, Happy Face, ewerk

NUFC To Concede
0 - Rayvin, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Andrew, wykikitoon, strawb, zico martin, Howay, StoneColdStephenIreland, The Fish, Ant, Anorthernsoul, tooner, OTF, Tom, Happy Face, ewerk, barnabox
1 - Holden McGroin, sammynb, acrossthepond, David Kelly, Dr Gloom, Dougle, scoobos, Kitman, rogerbarton, MiddleAgeCool, @yourservice
2 - aimaad22, ohhh_yeah, LooneyToony
3 - 
4+ - 

Brighton went out aswell.

No excuses now we must play the strongest team possible in every game. Rafa's got to get this part right now we are not guaranteed promotion. Yes we are favourites but not guaranteed if we miss out & get dragged into the play-offs it could be a disaster.

No excuses now we must play the strongest team possible in every game. Rafa's got to get this part right now we are not guaranteed promotion. Yes we are favourites but not guaranteed if we miss out & get dragged into the play-offs it could be a disaster.

We need to get automatic promotion sewn up as I don't have faith in this squad of players if they have to face the pressure of the playoffs.

Have a feeling we might be the poster boy Goliath who gets knocked out this round, where tv channels will gleefully show the goal/s at half time of the 56th consecutive fa cup game that has featured Man U and go on about the romance of the cup with a straight face.

Pity we weren't facing Birmingham's reserves instead of an Oxford side with nothing to lose and on a good run.

(and aye looked like Mitro pulled rank to hit it, that's the only problem when ya do that ya better score even if the keeper throws himself in the right direction)

Whether he scores or not Rafa will not be happy if his orders were disobeyed. Does Mitro's cause no favours at all.

Tweak a little here, tweak a little there.

Adjust a tad there, adjust a tad here.

That is known as tinkering, but 9 changes is hardly a toon-up!!

Promotion hopes are beginning to fade a bit  I'm afraid. Sure it was 'only' a cup game but the aim is to win.

We have dropped too many points against teams we should have beaten.

Queue the justification about playing a weakened team to protect league performance but we've heard it all before. Another embarrassing cup exit. Sucks whatever way you look at it. The fact we've got bigger problems and a long term outlook (for the time being) means most of us arent really bothered by this though.  

I dunno like, some of the Twitter lads we're FUMING.

Personally, I'd like to have gone through but I can cope without it. Get promoted, give Rafa a decent budget & then we can really go for the cups.

Hayden was the only recognised first team player who started, we conceded all three goals from corners, there was a fight in our section between our own fans, the team were roundly booed off the pitch at full time and when Lascelles came right up to the stand in what appeared to me to be some sort of respectful and apologetic gesture some grossly overweight dwarf type ginger halfling started having a go at the non playing club captain.

This season still promises to be fairly successful but yesterday was fuckin awful, topped off with a journey home in a minibus full of celebrating Oxford United fans, who I had foolishly chosen to travel with yesterday as two or three of them are good friends and remain so this morning, even though by 11 o'clock last night I wanted to strangle the pack of piss taking cunts to death :)

Edited by PaddockLad