Newcastle United v QPR - Weds 1st of Feb 19:45

wykikitoon

Whats the score ganna be like?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NUFC To Score

0 - sammynb, TheGingerQuiff

1 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves

2 - Dr Gloom, MiddleAgeCool, The Fish, acrossthepond, ewerk, Anorthernsoul, StoneColdStephenIreland, Ant, Holden McGroin, ohhh_yeah, barnabox, Jintsay, Dougle

3 - Rayvin, aimaad22, rogerbarton, Happy Face, OTF, Howay, scoobos

4+ - Andrew, strawb, David Kelly, zico martin, @yourservice

NUFC To Concede

0 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, Rayvin, Andrew, strawb, The Fish, rogerbarton, Happy Face, ewerk, OTF, Anorthernsoul, zico martin, StoneColdStephenIreland, Howay, barnabox, scoobos, Jintsay, Dougle, @yourservice

1 - wykikitoon, Dr Gloom, MiddleAgeCool, David Kelly, acrossthepond, aimaad22, Ant, Holden McGroin

2 - ohhh_yeah

3 - sammynb

4+ - TheGingerQuiff

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a lot of people surmise that Ayoze Perez is our most naturally gifted footballer and, after the past few months, I honestly find that notion absurd. A large part of "naturally talented footballer" to me includes an instinctive, intelligent football brain. The ability to just know what to do, when to do it and having the natural ability to pull it off. Twice tonight, in positions where we needed to make some distance between us and QPR, Perez showed he's severely lacking in any kind of football intelligence. If you want him to back heel a ball in from 15 yards out, he'll do that as he's all instinct. If he's such a fantastic footballer, why does he struggle to pick the right option when given 4-5 seconds to think about it? It's not just this match; there's been times all season where he's clearly had no clue what to do and picked the wrong idea in panic. And, as poor as the defence was tonight, as poor as the communication between the players was and as much as we rode our luck in the first half; those dropped points hinged on Ayoze Perez' inability to look up and spot Matt Ritchie in a position to put it in an open net. He's not the player everyone seems to think he is, he's stagnated and he's certainly not a number 10.

As for the rest, most of them were shite as well but that was the icing on Perez' cake this season. I've said since the autumn that we're a side who desperately needed an injection of pace, needed a new face to lift the players and keep other teams guessing. It hasn't come, Rafa is pissed off and I have a very bad feeling about this, indeed.

Even though we were ahead twice we always looked like we were the team behind. The defending again from their 1st goal was shocking, as was Perez finishing. We can't afford to throw points away like we did tonight it's all well & good having games in hand but we must capitalize on them. The pack below is closing in fast & I can see us being dragged into the play offs this is not negativity, this is reality. Saturday see's the return of McClaren & Derby there's no love lost there he'll be doing his best to put one over on us. This is a different squad to the 2009/10 squad & anyone who thought we'd "piss this" must now be having 2nd thoughts.

I've heard a lot of people surmise that Ayoze Perez is our most naturally gifted footballer and, after the past few months, I honestly find that notion absurd.

I'm pretty sure most of us have not said that for the past season and a half.

He's shown in the past that he's got skills, but either he has peaked or has totally lost confidence in his abilities.  Probably a little of both.

We'll be fine, it was just one result. Our home form has been a bit questionable anyway.

That said, if we do miss the auto slots we won't go up at all. No chance is this club capable of winning play offs.

Haydon was fucking terrible, as was lasceless, Yedlin was a bit gash too although he tried. We were terrible then should've comfortably won it it. You can see all over the pitch our inadequacies, I've had disagreements on here over Hayden but my eyes are saying he is not up to standard.

I hope we start giving Mbemba a chance. That Lascelles is a fucking wreck at the back, his concentration is shocking. I was hoping the Championship would see him find his feet and grow into a competent defender but it doesn't seem to be happening.

The keeper pulled off some good saves against Shelvey and Gouff but Perez and Diame missed fucking sitters. I'm still in shock over Perez not giving that one on one a go, I think Rafa was too mind and he was hauled off shortly after.

You seen Rafa's interview?

All is not well behind the scenes, and it's coming out.

:(

Off at the end of the season type of bad interview?

It's clear the squad is seriously lacking, it was before the window as we really have Shelvey and Gayle carrying the team (perhaps harsh on Ritchie but he hasn't been doing loads in recent months).

Rafa didnt look happy in the interview. When asked about a lack of signings, he said he outlined what he wanted and that it 'wasnt his decision'. Body language didnt look good either. 

You seen Rafa's interview?

All is not well behind the scenes, and it's coming out.

:(

Was a matter of time. This was the main concern during the window. We can only hope he manages to get this pathetic lot promoted and Ashley waits another summer at least before screwing us over again.

Aye there was definite frustration there. I would have thought that it must be Charnley's incompetence at fault here.

If we go up and this happens again in the summer then Rafa will undoubtedly walk. If we don't go up then he will also walk. Either way it'll likely be down to a mixture of Charnley, Carr and Ashley.

Most of the journos have hinted at the problems with Ashley on Twitter, and Taylor has written about it here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/01/newcastle-united-qpr-championship-match-report

Looks like people have been whispering in Ashley's ear, among them Mr Carr who really should have gone a while ago.

Did he genuinely expect £45m spent, especially having made £30m profit on it in player sales, was going to repair a team that's been in decline for four years? If he's comparing it to last time we were down we had the solid core of what had essentially been a side in Europe for the past decade. There was more quality just about all over the pitch. Really isn't looking good now.

Off at the end of the season type of bad interview?

It's clear the squad is seriously lacking, it was before the window as we really have Shelvey and Gayle carrying the team (perhaps harsh on Ritchie but he hasn't been doing loads in recent months).

Off at the end of the season at the latest I'd say. Not at all happy. They clearly aren't following through with the assurances he was given in the summer.

If Ashely has interferred the bloke needs the gas chamber.

Is he seriously that fucking thick?

Get Rafa on board, get the sigings in and the place is buzzing, full to the rafters people hoying cash at the turnstiles etc.  Why would the daft cunt want to change it?

What an utterly hopeless performance that was. I'm convinced we've seen the best of Perez long ago, his touch is only bested by his decision making in shittiness. That selfish shot with Ritchie across the back to tap in should have seen him subbed. Thankfully we've got some players out there who try, namely Gouffran, Ritchie and Yedlin in this one, but we're carrying a lot of players with horrible attitudes, no concentration and little aptitude. Shelvey is technically the best we've got by a margin, but he's a whiff away from a red card at any point, can't dictate the pace of the game and goes absent. Lascelles has gone well and truly off the boil (lukewarm 'boil' as it were) and needs a rest. Clark's OG was a first rate howler but he's got more about him than his partner. Hard to rate Murphy as he wasn't given much to work with.

Overall we were embarrassing and yet we had more than enough chances to comfortably. So wasteful. Worrying too if the rumours of unrest are true.

shelvey is one of those players isn't he? always on the edge, the knacker. 

the big problem is we have zero creativity without him. if we have to endure colback alongside hayden again i will have to start hurting myself. 

if only we had a transfer window to address this glaring weakness in the squad.