Newcastle United v QPR - Weds 1st of Feb 19:45

wykikitoon

Whats the score ganna be like?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What pisses me off about it is that it was totally uncalled for. It wasn't like it followed a bad challenge from Mackie, it was completely petulant.

I think it was one of those where their player deliberately stepped over him with the intention of getting a reaction.

Of course any action should also include 3 nasty incidents involving their players but in reality we'd gain nothing if QPR players are banned.

There was nowt in the Shelvey incident like, Sky looking for handbags and trying to build a narrative. As evidenced by them completely glossing over Sammy getting curb stomped in the back

That linesman was fucking blind. Later Yedlin was brought down with a two footed challenge and not even a free kick.

Shocking 1st half, 2nd half was a little better. They were barely awake and we were fortunate not to go in at half time a couple of goals down. Cannot understand taking Murphy off for Ameobi and not Mitrovic. Yes the big mad Serb was poor against Oxford, but he's still a better striker than a tired, poorly performing Gouffran, isn't he?

Re: the interview, it is a concern, but I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet.

Shocking 1st half, 2nd half was a little better. They were barely awake and we were fortunate not to go in at half time a couple of goals down. Cannot understand taking Murphy off for Ameobi and not Mitrovic. Yes the big mad Serb was poor against Oxford, but he's still a better striker than a tired, poorly performing Gouffran, isn't he?

Re: the interview, it is a concern, but I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet.

I totally agree with you about the substitution but I would have to also say that we played a hell of a lot better after the substitution.  We easily should have wrapped the game up after it.

Hopefully a lot of Rafa's reaction after the game from the frustration of not getting the win.  I doubt it though and can't see him staying for the long haul as long Ashley is there.

Cannot understand taking Murphy off for Ameobi and not Mitrovic. Yes the big mad Serb was poor against Oxford, but he's still a better striker than a tired, poorly performing Gouffran, isn't he?

Looks like he's being punished to me.

I totally agree with you about the substitution but I would have to also say that we played a hell of a lot better after the substitution.  We easily should have wrapped the game up after it.

Hopefully a lot of Rafa's reaction after the game from the frustration of not getting the win.  I doubt it though and can't see him staying for the long haul as long Ashley is there.

To be honest, I'm hoping he's using a genuine frustration about transfers to divert attention away from what was a shocking performance on the whole, and an indictment of his Cup selection.

Looks like he's being punished to me.

Yeah, looks like, but Mitrovic's failings against Oxford weren't attitude or application, it was confidence and concentration. Something that won't improve on the bench.

Mitro's penalties have been good in the past so I would have expected him to take it.  And Rafa said he was down to take it.  It wasn't a particularly bad pen either.  Pretty decent height for the keeper but he made a good save.  I've seen better players take much worse ones and not get near the stick he took for missing that one.

Mitro's penalties have been good in the past so I would have expected him to take it.  And Rafa said he was down to take it.  It wasn't a particularly bad pen either.  Pretty decent height for the keeper but he made a good save.  I've seen better players take much worse ones and not get near the stick he took for missing that one.

Doesn't make up for anything, but the opposition 'keeper has been Man of the Match in the last two games imo.

Doesn't make up for anything, but the opposition 'keeper has been Man of the Match in the last two games imo.

I've heard a number of people say Mitro should never play for us again after the Oxford game.  Presumably they now think the same about Perez after his misses last night.  Murphy should be ok though because he never got near a chance to miss.

Some of the fans are ridiculous.  Perez was shite last night has been all season but there was people booing him off last night.  It was actually nice to hear backing from him from the corner even if his performance didn't warrant it.  Yes we can all moan about about players performances but we should also be trying to encourage them at the match.

I've heard a number of people say Mitro should never play for us again after the Oxford game.  Presumably they now think the same about Perez after his misses last night.  Murphy should be ok though because he never got near a chance to miss.

Some of the fans are ridiculous.  Perez was shite last night has been all season but there was people booing him off last night.  It was actually nice to hear backing from him from the corner even if his performance didn't warrant it.  Yes we can all moan about about players performances but we should also be trying to encourage them at the match.

Seems even when the entire team played poorly, people stick to blaming one player above all others. That's fine when a 'keeper has dropped a clanger, a defender's given away a penalty or a midfielder's got sent off to undo a lot of good work, but in the past two games there've been poor performances across the board and while Perez' failings last night will grab the headlines, Murphy was worse than shit, Lascelles was poor, Hayden had one of his worst games for us and Rafa got the subs wrong.

it sounded on the telly like perez got a decent ovation when he went off

People reacted to the barracking because he got two massive groans for his big mistakes.

Nice moment when Ritchie was raging after Perez failed to pick him out for a tap in and Gouffran hugged Perez round the neck and dragged him away.

There were Perez songs in the corner after that, even before he went off and the whole ground joined in.

Me and my mate were bigging up Dummet with as much shouty praise and applause as we could for any touch that came close to competent, it became comical.  Only do it because the wanker behind will hammer him for any and every imperfection.

People reacted to the barracking because he got two massive groans for his big mistakes.

Nice moment when Ritchie was raging after Perez failed to pick him out for a tap in and Gouffran hugged Perez round the neck and dragged him away.

There were Perez songs in the corner after that, even before he went off and the whole ground joined in.

Me and my mate were bigging up Dummet with as much shouty praise and applause as we could for any touch that came close to competent, it became comical.  Only do it because the wanker behind will hammer him for any and every imperfection.

I begrudgingly gave him credit on Twitter for a good piece of defending, then what seemed like minutes later he nearly gifted QPR a goal with poor control near the box.

I didn't know you sat in front of me in the east stand.

Last time, we signed a player that drastically improved our attacking options.

I still reckon we're winning the league like but stats are a waste of everyone's time with no applied context

Very good point. We actually signed loads of players - Routledge, Best, Williamson and Simpson/Wilson, plus a couple of loan - Fitz Hall and Van Aanholt. The squad was drastically improved and we had, iirc, Joey Barton coming back from injury. You could probably argue it was a better squad to start with too.