Member of the Match?

AJack

Alright lads :)

I received an email from the box office the other day saying I'd won a competition to be Member of the Match after entering on the website. It's for the Villa game on the 20th. Has anyone from this board won anything like this before? Apparently you get 2 lounge tickets and directors box tickets and since this is a Monday night I just wanted to make sure it was all legit before spending money on travel and accommodation.

Cheers

Edited by AJack

Have you tried contacting the NUFC Box Office directly? Did the email say owt about when you'd get your tickets etc? And change 'guys' to 'lads' before Howmanheyman sees your post.

Edited haha :).

I did enter a competition that I saw on twitter for last nights game, so it's surprised me a bit.

Haven't managed to ring the box office yet because I'm at work but I have emailed them and I'm waiting for a reply.

Email says to go to main Milburn reception from two hours before kick off and that some bloke will ring me on the day to take me pitch side.

The cynic in me says I've been done over. Just seems a little informal to me.

DEIT. I did enter a competition for a stadium tour in January so I might be getting confused?

Edited by AJack

If the email's legit, i.e. from the Box Office/nufc, then it's most likely legit. I could imagine them being slapdash about the arrangements too. Canny prize like

If the email's legit, i.e. from the Box Office/nufc, then it's most likely legit. I could imagine them being slapdash about the arrangements too. Canny prize like

Better prize than the half time show where they give away a £10 ball from the club shop. But i don't suppose they get retweets and follows from a fat lad kicking a ball at a tarp, so the prize has to be cheap.

Have you tried contacting the NUFC Box Office directly? Did the email say owt about when you'd get your tickets etc? And change 'guys' to 'lads' before Howmanheyman sees your post.

:good:

Too right.

Regarding the OP, I've never heard of this 'member of the match' before and I'd have thought ringing someone at the club to be the way forward? Anyway..... 'Guys'? FFS.

;)

"Member of the match" is right up there with "the Chairman's chutney" for me. Bravo NUFC, you beautiful brainbox.

Reminded me of Smooth Operator and his penchant for sending lasses pics of his pud

Reminded me of Smooth Operator and his penchant for sending lasses pics of his pud

They should introduce it like they have kiss-cam in American sports. If your crotch gets the zoom in treatment, you have to lop it out.

They should introduce it like they have kiss-cam in American sports. If your crotch gets the zoom in treatment, you have to lop it out.

Wasn't there a fat Newcastle fan whose crotch had split and his offal was on show?

It does come from a @@nufc.co.uk email address and just says they'll call me at some point on the day, which I thought was a bit dogey.

:good:

Too right.

Regarding the OP, I've never heard of this 'member of the match' before and I'd have thought ringing someone at the club to be the way forward? Anyway..... 'Guys'? FFS.

;)

Haha sorry mate, had work head on when sending this, I got through to the stadium tours but they didn't know what I was on about haha, waiting for an email back.

I can't imagine it not being legit but I don't really know what I've won, if anything!

It does come from a @@nufc.co.uk email address and just says they'll call me at some point on the day, which I thought was a bit dogey.

Haha sorry mate, had work head on when sending this, I got through to the stadium tours but they didn't know what I was on about haha, waiting for an email back.

I can't imagine it not being legit but I don't really know what I've won, if anything!

There's a lovely man in Nigeria who deals with the competition winners. His name's Well Done Johnathan, I think you need to give him your bank account details in case you aren't the real winner and you're trying to fraudulently win the 'member of the match' competition. :good: