Derby County v Newcastle United

The Fish

NUFC V DCFC  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

C3u4dYJXUAAtFnK.jpg

C3u4khmWYAABwdt.jpg

NUFC To Score
0 - TheGingerQuiff
1 - wykikitoon, The Fish, Dr Gloom, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice, Dougle
2 - Happy Face, Rayvin, strawb, StoneColdStephenIreland, Holden McGroin, OTF, tooner, barnabox, LooneyToony, aimaad22, rogerbarton
3 - ewerk, Andrew, Howay, David Kelly, Tom, MiddleAgeCool, ohhh_yeah, scoobos, Renton
4+ - 

NUFC To Concede
0 - Happy Face, Howay, David Kelly, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Holden McGroin, Tom, Anorthernsoul, rogerbarton
1 - wykikitoon, Rayvin, The Fish, Dr Gloom, ewerk, Andrew, strawb, StoneColdStephenIreland, OTF, tooner, barnabox, ohhh_yeah, scoobos, Renton, LooneyToony, aimaad22, Dougle
2 - MiddleAgeCool, @yourservice
3 - 
4+ - TheGingerQuiff

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think McClaren will get the vitriol that Allardyce or Pardew would get. He always struck me as a bit useless but I don't hate him.

I'm still shocked at how utterly fucking shite he was. 

Aye I expected more from him.  Tbf I think if he came in at a different moment, he could have done a lot better but after Pardew and Carver we were in such an awful position it was just too much for him to turn around.  I don't think there's many managers who could have done what Rafa has, you can see the struggle Villa have had despite changing manager twice and spunking a load cash.  Had we not had someone like Rafa, I don't think promotion would have been a very likely scenario this season.

Aye I expected more from him.  Tbf I think if he came in at a different moment, he could have done a lot better but after Pardew and Carver we were in such an awful position it was just too much for him to turn around.  I don't think there's many managers who could have done what Rafa has, you can see the struggle Villa have had despite changing manager twice and spunking a load cash.  Had we not had someone like Rafa, I don't think promotion would have been a very likely scenario this season.

Aye I think that is more fair and accurate than my post. It's easy to forget he started with essentially a midfield pairing of Colback and Anita, we're really seeing just how inept they are this season as honestly both look out of their depth even at this level (Anita is arguably doing fine at RB but I'm talking as a CM).

You're spot on about Rafa in all, the Villa situation really does put the job he's doing into perspective. He's also doing it with a squad that the bulk of isn't up to snuff. I expected a lot more from players like Anita, Lascelles, Dummett, and Colback, as although they're not PL level I expected them to be effective in the Championship but honestly they still look crap. With this in mind I agree completely that without Rafa we'd not be seeing promotion as likely by this point, I think we'd more likely be in the play-off scrap.

Reckon it's a bit harsh lumping in Lascelles, a 23 year old developing player, in with players who are bog-shite 27 year olds. Dummett doesn't count as he's always been shite but is getting oddly better at just putting his thick body in front of the ball

Could be being harsh aye, I was just expecting a bit more from him as we dropped down a level. Thought he'd have his confidence up a bit by now and look a bit more settled, but honestly he looks shaky as soon as the ball nears the box. I agree the rest are bollocks, I was more just expecting them to have found their level but sadly we're not at it yet.

For those who............

beIN Sports Connect is showing the match live online on channel 3.................well at least in California.

Fantastic news.  Cheers Noelie.