Derby County v Newcastle United

The Fish

NUFC V DCFC  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there by myself today, first time I've ever gone alone but never mind. If you went by our performance today, or more generally recently, we do not seem to be even a championship winning side. I'm personally really surprised that the nerves have crept in to such an extent in a benitez side. Hopefully this is just a bad spell and we'll get promoted. Because I can't see this side winning the play offs or us having a second chance as good as this.

Rumors Gayle is back for Wolves game. I think that's going to make a big difference tbh as we are getting enough chances to kill games we're just fluffing a bunch and then looking nervy for the final 30 mins.

If we can scrape another ugly win like this the confidence will come back and hopefully we'll start putting teams away again. We were always going to have blip at some point.

I thought we looked good until about 15-20 minutes to go when we got the yips

Edited by Dr Gloom

The confidence was there in the first half.  Which was really reassuring to see after events on and off the field this week.

Won't miss the feckin' refs in this division. <_<

The confidence was there in the first half. Which was really reassuring to see after events on and off the field this week.

Won't miss the feckin' refs in this division. <_<

Maybe the confidence was there but the shooting and scoring wasn't. Nothing we can do about it now but we really could have done with at least one attacker signed in the window. If you're 2 or 3 up at half time it takes the pressure off everyone. Anyway, bottom line is, we can't finish off teams when we need to. Just hope we have enough this season.

Agreed with the consensus here that Mitro has been a really focal point of the attack. Been a really good performance - let's just hope we kill it off early in the second half.

Good to see Reading losing, and the mackems 4-0 up at Palace? WTF?

Mitrovic was fucking peripheral at absolute best. Can't believe what I'm reading on here, tbh.

Mitrovic was fucking peripheral at absolute best. Can't believe what I'm reading on here, tbh.

As I said earlier I think he had a decent but unspectacular first half, held the ball up and linked people up well but didn't get himself in many dangerous areas. His second half (like most the side tbh) was poor though, missed another sitter and had little impact until being subbed off. I like the lad but I doubt he has done enough to convince Rafa to keep him in the side once Gayle is back.

His hold up play was decent - particularly for the goal. The less said about that spurned sitter the better. He looks busier to me than Murphy and provides more of a focal point to the attack.

I liked Diame playing deeper too. Some wayward finishing from him as well all game but it was good to see him wind up a few runs from deeper positions. Something most of us on here have been calling to see. Looks his natural position - he's not a number 10.

Agreed, his decision making is one of the weaker points to his game and that's a fairly key part of the number 10 role. I think his physicality and aggressive running would be a help in CM and I saw nowt from his half hour playing there that made me think Colback or Hayden are any steadier in a defensive type of CM role than him.

We lack that killer instinct we seem to be able to get the first goal which you think would settle everyone down. But in reality it makes them play as if they're behind chasing the game. The last couple of games I dread corners & free kicks for the opposition, because we're hopeless defending them. Will this team may get us promoted ? possibly. Will this team survive in the Premiership ? definitely not.

Sorry, but Mitrovic looked a bit lost from my view of the game. Actually thought he'd do OK today and prove a point as much as he could in a rafa side but it's not going to happen and he's going backwards compared to last season and last season he was hit and miss. Felt a bit for him at times tbh. Zero pace and won fuck all in challenges.

NUFC To Score

0 - TheGingerQuiff

1 - wykikitoon, The Fish, Dr Gloom, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice, Dougle

2 - Happy Face, Rayvin, strawb, StoneColdStephenIreland, Holden McGroin, OTF, tooner, barnabox, LooneyToony, aimaad22, rogerbarton

3 - ewerk, Andrew, Howay, David Kelly, Tom, MiddleAgeCool, ohhh_yeah, scoobos, Renton

4+ - 

NUFC To Concede

0 - Happy Face, Howay, David Kelly, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Holden McGroin, Tom, Anorthernsoul, rogerbarton

1 - wykikitoon, Rayvin, The Fish, Dr Gloom, ewerk, Andrew, strawb, StoneColdStephenIreland, OTF, tooner, barnabox, ohhh_yeah, scoobos, Renton, LooneyToony, aimaad22, Dougle

2 - MiddleAgeCool, @yourservice

3 - 

4+ - TheGingerQuiff

Sorry, but Mitrovic looked a bit lost from my view of the game. Actually thought he'd do OK today and prove a point as much as he could in a rafa side but it's not going to happen and he's going backwards compared to last season and last season he was hit and miss. Felt a bit for him at times tbh. Zero pace and won fuck all in challenges.

He looked knacked.  From the moment he ran the length of the pitch he seemed to be be panting about and we were back to the same guy who waddles back onside after their keeper clears the ball.

He's far too soft. Normally they get better at using their size as they get older, not sure if he'll ever stop being soft as shite however

I agree Mitro faded second half, especially after he missed that sitter. Those strikers who have a knack for, you know, scoring lots of goals would instinctively have found the net there.

But it'd be daft not to acknowledge how useful he was at holding the ball up, winning flick ons etc. in the first half. He was involved in the goal for example, where he held it up and knocked it back to Ritchie. He offers something Gayle doesn't, and Murphy hasn't really been as good at.

I would still love to see us go two up top with Mitro and Gayle some time, then Diame and Shelvey in the middle of the park.