Simple stuff that pisses you off.

The Fish

Raphael Honigstein just asked on twitter if there was anything worse in football than a cross that doesn't beat the first man?

For me it's foul throws and a throw-in taker demanding the ball back when in an offside position. How can you get either of those wrong?

You're a goddamn professional son, act like it.

the-story-behind-gunnery-sergeant-hartma

People who whinge about how much footballers get paid.

Specifically rugby fans, if people wanted to watch your shite sport then they would get paid similar wages. They don't, so they don't.

People who whinge about how much footballers get paid.

Specifically rugby fans, if people wanted to watch your shite sport then they would get paid similar wages. They don't, so they don't.

I don't mind rugby fans trying to tell me that their game is better because the play is more about teamwork and there aren't primadonnas. If they're actually rugby fans who attend games, who understand the rules and who aren't just girls who like the big burly men.

I mean, the rugby fans are wrong, it's not a better sport, it's an inferior sport in many many ways, but at least they know what they're talking about.

Keepers being allowed to take the ball from one side of the box to the other when taking a goal kick.  The rule was brought in with the intention of speeding up the game but it all it does is aid a team in time wasting.  They should just have to take it from the side the ball ends up at.  It's an easy rule change that could speed things up.

The reason this pisses me off isn't actually the time wasting though.  It's the fact that at about 90% of matches that I've been to in the years since they changed this rule, my dad has complained about it.  I've heard the same thing from him hundreds of times and it's getting right on my tits.

I coach my school team, third year of doing so. We're not very good and so I have developed quite a list, most of which you don't really see at a professional level. But foul throws are the worst. When one of my players commits a foul throw, the entire team does 50 push-ups after the match. 

Keepers being allowed to take the ball from one side of the box to the other when taking a goal kick.  The rule was brought in with the intention of speeding up the game but it all it does is aid a team in time wasting.  They should just have to take it from the side the ball ends up at.  It's an easy rule change that could speed things up.

The reason this pisses me off isn't actually the time wasting though.  It's the fact that at about 90% of matches that I've been to in the years since they changed this rule, my dad has complained about it.  I've heard the same thing from him hundreds of times and it's getting right on my tits.

:D It sums up the rule makers in the game in so many ways though tbf, i.e. introduce something with the intention of speeding the game up and, when it has the opposite effect, instead of rolling the rule back, they leave it in place.

I coach my school team, third year of doing so. We're not very good and so I have developed quite a list, most of which you don't really see at a professional level. But foul throws are the worst. When one of my players commits a foul throw, the entire team does 50 push-ups after the match. 

:D It sums up the rule makers in the game in so many ways though tbf, i.e. introduce something with the intention of speeding the game up and, when it has the opposite effect, instead of rolling the rule back, they leave it in place.

It is ridiculous but once you've heard your father repeat himself for the tenth time this season, the rule is a much more minor annoyance.  Fuck knows what the people who sit around us think about him.  I mean I'm related so I have to be more patient with him.

Used to have a teacher in middle school who tried his fucking heart out when he played football during games. I used to man-mark when I was on the opposite team him just to piss the sad bastard off as I was quick and a decent defender. 

This season has brought it out more in me but pedantic officials. i.e. the ones who will pull back tiny infractions to make their performance look better while being terrified to make any major decision of note. The linesmen have been particularly bad for it as evidenced with Sammy and Yedlin getting stamped on and double footed respectively against QPR, right in front of a linesman who just flagged for throws.

That and that FUCKING bullseye game at half time

I get pissed off at the number of passes back to the keeper when it is absolutely unnecessary, and more so when it results from an attacking move and the ball comes back to the keeper from the opponents eighteen yard box. 

Nearly everything about enforcing the rules.

They are the SAME for Sunday league footballers and premiership footballers - why in the fuckin world does everyone in the football business think different?

Swearing at the ref after a decision, or physically jostling him == CARD everytime in Sunday league, never in the Premiership.