For Honor

Andrew

Played the Beta loads over the weekend, bought the game last night.

So far I would definitely recommend, Dominion is a huge amount of fun and easily my favourite game type, one evening when shes actually home Mrs A and myself will hop into the Co-op campaign and see what that has to offer.

It is, far and away, the best hand to hand combat game I've ever played, it's hard to get to grips with initially but very rewarding when you do and, so far at least, feels like winning/losing a 1v1 is based on skill and understanding your characters strengths and weaknesses rather than luck and random bullshit.

Haven't played any of the multiplayer so can only comment on the story campaign but I'm not too amazed by the single player component. The combat system is enjoyable enough but, obviously predictable against AI opponents and becomes pretty trivial once you get the hang of parrying and guard breaking. The campaign itself is a load of linear environments, strung together with encounters with the odd set-piece to break it up. So, it's obvious that they're putting their eggs in the multiplayer basket where timing and picking your spots is obviously going to be a lot more organic and exciting so I'll try digging into that once I've seen what else the story is going to throw up.

For anyone buying this, I fully recommend playing the advanced tutorial since it goes through parrying and once you have the timing for that down, you're laughing.

Haven't played any of the multiplayer so can only comment on the story campaign but I'm not too amazed by the single player component. The combat system is enjoyable enough but, obviously predictable against AI opponents and becomes pretty trivial once you get the hang of parrying and guard breaking. The campaign itself is a load of linear environments, strung together with encounters with the odd set-piece to break it up. So, it's obvious that they're putting their eggs in the multiplayer basket where timing and picking your spots is obviously going to be a lot more organic and exciting so I'll try digging into that once I've seen what else the story is going to throw up.

For anyone buying this, I fully recommend playing the advanced tutorial since it goes through parrying and once you have the timing for that down, you're laughing.

I haven't done that, I'll have a look!

I'm not sure how useful it'll be against people mind you, I'm using the Peace Keeper class and mostly just prod people to death as they make themselves vulnerable trying to attack.

Or run away and kite them around until I have an advantage.