The Labour Party

Park Life

In the politics thread you said you didn't even vote for Corbyn last time round :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, but that was in the last leadership election... because the cost of him being in power isn't being borne by me, and I was sensitive to fact that other people have a harder time of it than I do. But that didn't mean I suddenly stopped agreeing with his policies. I said this at the time as well. In fact, I largely came to this conclusion following a discussion with ewerk. My view was that if the rest of the membership voted him in, then I would carry on supporting him.

This is fucking bizarre, I genuinely don't understand why you think that's equivalent to me saying I wouldn't vote for Labour in a GE.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but that was in the last leadership election... because the cost of him being in power isn't being borne by me, and I was sensitive to fact that other people have a harder time of it than I do. But that didn't mean I suddenly stopped agreeing with his policies. I said this at the time as well. In fact, I largely came to this conclusion following a discussion with ewerk. My view was that if the rest of the membership voted him in, then I would carry on supporting him.

This is fucking bizarre, I genuinely don't understand why you think that's equivalent to me saying I wouldn't vote for Labour in a GE.

I wasn't saying it was analogous to that I was laughing at the fact you didn't even vote for him last time out. In the same thread you make reference to only voting for them with the sort of policies Corbyn stands for though whilst saying you didn't think he'd survive. That's basically a sabotage job, i.e. vote in a fucking hopeless leader then not vote for the party when they inevitably change to someone more moderate and electable. Who does that benefit but the Tories? Your 'prinicpled' approach is about as useful as Corbyn's in terms of effecting a change. I'm not going to argue about it any more anyway

:lol: Who knows, I'm struggling to follow the logical progression of any of this.

Yeah, I'm not sure there's any progression to this conversation at all. 

I mean one minute you're too principled, the next you have none at all. You're incredibly changeable.

I don't agree that my approach there is a sabotage job whatsoever, and ultimately can't see how you've come to the conclusions you have done over the last few pages. I'm voting based on what I believe in, and have consistently stated as much for the past couple of years. If Labour move away from my position on the political spectrum, why should they expect to have my vote? Why would any political party expect that?

As for the views on whether or not Corbyn would survive, I don't think he will. But while he's still there, I feel it is appropriate that I continue paying towards the party. Because ultimately, I did vote for this.

I'm now convinced that I never said anything about not voting for Corbyn at a GE though. I thought that would have been out of character...

Your problem with my position, I think, is that I won't compromise. And fine, that's a fair criticism. But the rest of what we've discussed here doesn't hold IMO.

Yeah, I'm not sure there's any progression to this conversation at all. 

I mean one minute you're too principled, the next you have none at all. You're incredibly changeable.

:lol:

I have next to no idea what you're even referring to now, but am aware that you're principal focus is to wind me up :D It's funny enough, though ;)

FWIW mate, I'm in Newcastle East. My vote doesn't matter in the slightest. The day Newcastle East doesn't go Labour, is the day Labour doesn't exist.

As frustrating as I find that, I'm of no consequence whatsoever to the wider issues here.

I follow him pretty religiously these days actually. Don't agree with him a lot ( EU referendum) but feel like listening to educated commentary from outside established media is important.

That said, I think he's wrong sometimes, and that he lets his biases cloud his judgement on occasion.

I follow him pretty religiously these days actually. Don't agree with him a lot ( EU referendum) but feel like listening to educated commentary from outside established media is important.

That said, I think he's wrong sometimes, and that he lets his biases cloud his judgement on occasion.

Some of it is fucking funny man. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Really is getting stupid now with Corbyn. Although we appear fucked now so yeah.

Let's hope the centrists can take back control and deliver on their bold vision for the future.

This is the state of the Labour Party...He takes his hat off he's bald and she starts talking and hundreds of trains go past. :lol:

Ackney Labah Partee yeah...

Edited by Park Life

27% of people who voted for Labour at the last general election backed Corbyn as the best leader for the country, while May inched ahead with 29%.

The Conservatives are currently enjoying an 18 point lead over Labour nationally, sitting comfortably on 43%. 

Labour is trailing on 25%, with the Liberal Democrats at 11% and Ukip 10%.

Even Labour voters think that May would be a better PM. :lol: