The Labour Party

Park Life

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just get up and tell them they are wrong and this is how it's gonna be. The General Public have little grasp of reality anyway. Start seeding cartoons with propaganda.....Oh wait... :lol:

When I was in the Party we used to just go round peoples houses and show them they were talking shit and later move onto dialectical materialism over a cuppa. :D

The Labour Party are just hiding behind this 'will of the people' claptrap. History shows that 'the people' don't have a will unless you spend loads of money and light shows on giving them the idea they have one. /Nazis/USSR/Peoples Republic.

It's time to get real.

Edited by Park Life

http://news.sky.com/story/sky-data-brexit-poll-half-of-britons-happy-about-talks-starting-10816972

Not sure reversing the pubic decision will be a vote winner for a couple of election cycles yet.

That's a stupid question to ask people. I'm happy about the triggering of Article 50 as it was an inevitability and it's about time we got on with it. Doesn't mean that I'm happy to leave the EU.

I find Kahn unsettling. He talks about London as if it's entirely separate from the rest of the country, and he strikes me as entirely self interested.

He'd be ideal for the centrists though.

I find Kahn unsettling. He talks about London as if it's entirely separate from the rest of the country

Aye, all he ever bangs on about is London, London, London.

God knows why.

Edited by ewerk

kahn should be the next labour party leader. he might make them electable again

I wouldn't expect so. My dad has a story of a bloke in burnley who had posters in his window for the tory candidate last council election time, my dad was working for the council at the time so had the joy of visiting plenty of your run of the mill council estates that should be labour voters all day long. The bloke was hanging around while my dad measured up and what have you talking about how important it was to not vote for the labour guy because "we've got to keep these pakis out of getting power".

Next time he visits a couple of weeks later the posters have gone, dad asks why and finds out that this salt of the earth chap was horrified to find out the tory candidate was a "bender" so he sacked off the whole thing and didn't bother voting for anyone.

I no longer know what point I am making. Possibly that to be elected in this country you don't need to have good policies or care about people in the slightest, you need to have the right face, a quiet wife who will stand around smiling and a name no one can make fun of like "dave" or "tony" and then get the papers on side.

I no longer know what point I am making. Possibly that to be elected in this country you don't need to have good policies or care about people in the slightest, you need to have the right face, a quiet wife who will stand around smiling and a name no one can make fun of like "dave" or "tony" and then get the papers on side.

Or go on Have I Got News for You a lot.

I wouldn't expect so. My dad has a story of a bloke in burnley who had posters in his window for the tory candidate last council election time, my dad was working for the council at the time so had the joy of visiting plenty of your run of the mill council estates that should be labour voters all day long. The bloke was hanging around while my dad measured up and what have you talking about how important it was to not vote for the labour guy because "we've got to keep these pakis out of getting power".

Next time he visits a couple of weeks later the posters have gone, dad asks why and finds out that this salt of the earth chap was horrified to find out the tory candidate was a "bender" so he sacked off the whole thing and didn't bother voting for anyone.

I made this point before - and it's unfortunately why shite like not singing the anthem and being unwilling to nuke some imaginary enemy at the drop of the hat actually does cost Corbyn - and that's got nothing to do with the media and everything to do with the imbecility of the British public of every ilk.

i don't think race is that much of an issue anymore. if obama can win two terms in the US i don't see why kahn couldn't do the same here. 

The split is different.  Labour depends far more on a working class base than the Democrats.

And the working classes are a bunch of daft racists.

Edited by adios

• 2 weeks later...