Norwich v Newcastle 14th Feb

The Fish

NUFC v NCFC  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

C4iDiPfWEAIncPM.jpg

They're in really good form, 4 wins and a draw from the last 5 league games, just put 5 past Forest.  Only Brighton and Huddersfield have more points at home than Norwich, they're also the top goal scorers at home in the league.

I'm predicting a loss, maybe 3-1 to the Drunken Delia's.

NUFC To Score
0 - wykikitoon, TheGingerQuiff
1 - The Fish, Holden McGroin, Lackie92, strawb, OTF, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Dougle, @yourservice
2 - MiddleAgeCool, Rayvin, ewerk, Happy Face, acrossthepond, Ant, zico martin, Tom, Kitman, barnabox, LooneyToony, Dr Gloom
3 - Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, Howay, Anorthernsoul, scoobos, rogerbarton, ohhh_yeah
4+ - 

NUFC To Concede
0 - wykikitoon, Andrew, Happy Face, strawb, Howay, Tom, Kitman, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Dr Gloom
1 - ewerk, StoneColdStephenIreland, Ant, zico martin, Anorthernsoul, scoobos, OTF, rogerbarton, Dougle, ohhh_yeah
2 - Holden McGroin, MiddleAgeCool, Rayvin, Lackie92, acrossthepond, barnabox, LooneyToony, @yourservice
3 - The Fish
4+ - TheGingerQuiff

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no weaknesses :lol:

No significant weaknesses.

There isn't one part of our game that significantly impedes our chances of winning a game. That doesn't mean we've no shortcomings, just no achilles heel.

There was a lot of chatter before the game about our perceived weakness at defending set pieces, but in that game Clark and Lascelles were imperious throughout the game and dealt with everything that came at them, and when called upon Darlow claimed balls into his box like picking apples from a tree.

We see areas to improve on, of course, but there isn't an area of our game that troubles me going into most games in this division. We're not playing brilliantly, and teams are digging in deeper and deeper against us. So I've predicted a win for Norwich because they're a decent Championship team and they've players with the ability to pull something from nothing. 

I'm fairly confident we'll pick something up from this, especially if Gayle is fit. As Rayvin said if they're high scorers at home they may fancy their chances and open up a bit to chase the win, in the games that teams have done this we've mostly won.

They have a good scoring rate but they've also let in a canny amount of goals this season and we have an excellent away record. I've went for 3-0 (as I do basically every game) but it'll no doubt be a mental score like 5-3 or something as last couple of seasons our games against these have been crackers.

Distribution from our left back isn't a weakness? I can think of a fairly significant ginger weakness in midfield.

Not a significant weakness in our ability to win games. The Ginger Pirlo doesn't start regularly enough to be considered a real weakness and Dummet's lack of attacking ability hasn't significantly weakened our chances of scoring. We'd be better if both of those players were improved upon, of course, but we're not weakened enough by them to damage our chance of winning games. 

Put it this way, Colback played 90 minutes against Wolves and was shite throughout, but we still looked fairly comfortable and good for the win. Dummett's flank offered bugger all in attack until Atsu came on and yet we still created enough chances to win the game.

I'm fairly confident we'll pick something up from this, especially if Gayle is fit. As Rayvin said if they're high scorers at home they may fancy their chances and open up a bit to chase the win, in the games that teams have done this we've mostly won.

They have a good scoring rate but they've also let in a canny amount of goals this season and we have an excellent away record. I've went for 3-0 (as I do basically every game) but it'll no doubt be a mental score like 5-3 or something as last couple of seasons our games against these have been crackers.

:huh:

Edited by The Fish