Norwich v Newcastle 14th Feb

The Fish

NUFC v NCFC  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That gap was 10 points the other week

Aye but we've come through a period where we had Shelvey banned and Gayle out for weeks, as well as tough fixtures. Huddersfield are a very streaky side when you look at their history under this manager, they were also a few points clear of us at one point this season. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, we dropped two bollocks that let them get a draw but it sounds like we deserved a win. Hopefully now with Gayle back we can start putting away more of these chances as we've been letting a lot of them go begging in recent weeks. I think Atsu deserves to start over Gouffran, the lad causes all sorts of bother for the opposition when he plays.

Hard to know listening to the radio (unless you're @Fish ), but 8 on target, 2 woodwork doesn't sound like the finishing is too much of a problem.

Sounds like we pissed the second half but missed the chances - a point and a better performance is pretty positive though.

I know it's rare but I hate it when keepers get the things they practice all day wrong.

Hard to know listening to the radio (unless you're @Fish ), but 8 on target, 2 woodwork doesn't sound like the finishing is too much of a problem.

Aye but getting it on target doesn't necessarily mean the finishing is good, Sissoko used to get loads on target but they were shite little side footed chances that had no shot at going in. The Mitro chance was on target but it was a bad finish. I'd argue that hitting the post is bad finishing as well since it's really a miss. 

I agree 'on target' can be a misleading stat, but I actually think hitting the woodwork is often a better effort than an effort being on target.

It can be aye, but Mitro hitting the post rather than putting the header in is poor finishing (baring in mind I've not see the chance so could be being harsh). I know what you're saying though a Sissoko side foot that is 'on target' is a worse effort than a lad smacking a long ranger and seeing it just clip the inside of the post. Either way I still am comfortable saying our finishing hasn't been a strong point in recent weeks, we've all been frustrated by some big misses in recent games.

Honestly can't believe some of the hyperbole on here and Twitter. We were unlucky only to take a point from the other form team in the division.

We're still top & I'm not concerned about Huddersfield. After they play Man City in the cup, their next four are:

Reading H, Barnsley A, Wolves A, NUFC H. Come back to me if they're in touching distance after we play them.

I think the attitude should also be noted, it wasn't so long ago that letting in two utter stinkers like the ones today would have saw heads drop and a guaranteed loss. Instead it sounded like we controlled long portions of the game, Norwich really didn't get much of a sniff besides the two individual errors and we leveled the game late on after a couple of near misses.

Norwich are a tricky side and we've come out of it still top, Brighton drew at home against a side who were fucking hopeless against us.

Honestly can't believe some of the hyperbole on here and Twitter. We were unlucky only to take a point from the other form team in the division.

We're still top & I'm not concerned about Huddersfield. After they play Man City in the cup, their next four are:

Reading H, Barnsley A, Wolves A, NUFC H. Come back to me if they're in touching distance after we play them.

I think we have the right to be disappointed with the recent defensive mistakes which have cost us 6 points. Two absolute shockers.

Not the worst result, more annoyed about Huddersfield and Reading's knack of picking up late winners.

Huddersfield play Reading next which I suppose is a good thing, puts more pressure on us and Brighton to get wins though given the fact that definitely one or both will shorten the gap whatever happens on Tuesday between them.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Roger have you seen our next 5

Villa (h)

Bristol City (h)

Brighton (a)

Huddersfield (a)

Reading (a)

Roger have you seen our next 5

Villa (h)

Bristol City (h)

Brighton (a)

Huddersfield (a)

Reading (a)

The first two are very winnable and it'll be good to take some points from the teams around us.

I can't believe we didn't win that watching the highlights. Looks like we battered them. Feel for darlow. He's been quality this season but he'll feel terrible about that

Looking at those highlights we've only ourselves to blame for not beating these, missed chances galore and two absolute howlers given away. Can't argue with the general play especially away from home. Villa need putting away next, though.

I like the lad but his finishing is shite and his temperament makes him a liability at times.

Can't see him ever making it at the top level, sadly.

I might end up agreeing with you if he's still not finishing well over the course of 15-20 straight games.

He's scored better than 1 in 2 by minutes on the pitch this season (4 in 661m).

Edited by adios