Rafa Arsenal rumor / daily mirror.

scoobos

So are we in denial lads? surprised to come on and see no ones mentioned it!

And from our "approved media" rag too... sheesh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-bentiez-arsenal-shortlist-replace-9801936

The old "rafa has asked for Henry" line suggesting it's been discussed already?

Edited by scoobos

So are we in denial lads? surprised to come on and see no ones mentioned it!

And from our "approved media" rag too... sheesh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-bentiez-arsenal-shortlist-replace-9801936

The old "rafa has asked for Henry" line suggesting it's been discussed already?

No, we're in deTyne. It's rumour with a U. ;)

Just spouting shite to sell papers amongst all this Wenger in/out bother that goes on every season.

Aye, it's an utter bollocks lazy as fuck rumour. The pressure is on Wenger, he's out of contact in the summer, who is a top manager not currently in a "top" job? Nowt in it tbh.

I'm not saying he'll be here past the summer mind, I'm still worried that stuff about the whole Ashley interfering and likely going back on his word (or at least pratting about and being pedantic about what his original promises actually meant) during the January window will have fucked Benitez off enough that he'll finish the job of getting us up and then leave.

Edited by Howay

Google articles about NUFC by the same 'journalist', he admitted to making up stories because he gets a 'free shot' and anything is believable.

Seriously check his record :lol:

It's going to be a long 2017. There'll be rumours of Rafa returning to Liverpool should the papers decide Klopp is for the chop, there'll be rumours of Rafa taking over at Leicester, there'll no doubt be rumours of him moving abroad.

99.99% of it is going to be utter horseshit.

Google articles about NUFC by the same 'journalist', he admitted to making up stories because he gets a 'free shot' and anything is believable.

Seriously check his record [emoji38]

He got the January transfer debacle just about right. You had his life about it on twitter.

Anyway, if Benitez doesn't get the proper transfer backing he'll be away (not that I blame him). So it's hard to get worked up about this story when we don't know how Ashley will play it and we could lose Rafa to anyone.

Having one of the premier European managers coaching us in the English Second Division is naturally going to lead to rumours linking him away. He's Rafa Benitez, lads, we're going to have to get used to this. Pardew and McClaren were never linked away because they were fucking shit and only desperation could lead them anywhere else. Rafa happens to be quite good.

I think Ashley's interference may have sullied the waters between him & Benitez. There was mention a couple of weeks ago of West Ham. Now Arsenal no doubt a few other clubs will fancy trying to tempt him away. The thing is he now knows & we know he hasn't got complete control like he was promised. This could be the carrot that lures him away from to another club complete control. If there had been nothing to worry about he could have killed it stone dead by saying " I'm fully committed to Newcastle United " instead I think he swerved the question very nicely saying "he was only interested in the Norwich game". The fact that this story has emerged from the mirror like the transfer window story there has to be something in it. We need someone at the press conference to ask Benitez " Is your long term future at Newcastle United" if he swerves that then we may have cause for concern.

Alternative view is that he's using it as a gambit to force Ashley back. Or maybe even as insurance if we don't get promoted, since he won't now view that as entirely his fault.

There's no point in worrying about it either way. He'll leave if he means to leave, but it seems as though he's going to stay the course this year first. That should get us promoted.

Aye, I think we lucked into this appointment. I can't see us getting that lucky again with the current idiots in charge.

Aye when his name was mentioned I doubted he would come & work for Ashley. But Charnley must have had orders to promise him everything get him signed up, then as usual instead of leaving the bloke to do his job they have to start interfering. Benitez obviously had a long term plan & gave Charnley a list of players he was no doubt looking ahead not just promotion. In the end as we know we signed nobody in the window. In fact to add insult to injury Rafa made it clear he wanted to sign Townsend & we end up getting Sammy back. We may as well enjoy the ride with Rafa in charge as I doubt it's going to be a long one.

If he's away come the summer then the promotion's virtually fucking meaningless anyway as far as I'm concerned.

Even if Ashley had shelled out for 2 players in January, if/when Arsenal come calling in the summer he would have been off anyway. 18months at the club and a promotion is probably as good as he's going to do for us. I don't suppose he will see the glory in fighting the rest of the league to get us to 7th every season when hes being offered a top 4 squad, huge stadium, supportive owner and the chance at a title

Even if Ashley had shelled out for 2 players in January, if/when Arsenal come calling in the summer he would have been off anyway. 18months at the club and a promotion is probably as good as he's going to do for us. I don't suppose he will see the glory in fighting the rest of the league to get us to 7th every season when hes being offered a top 4 squad, huge stadium, supportive owner and the chance at a title

Possibly (probably tbf) but what happened in January means he hardly has a decision to make. Whereas being given the tools to build something here over the long term may have appealed to him more. I think Arsenal would demand results and trophies fairly quickly in a similar way to what we've seen with the post-Ferguson Man Utd. If he is being / has been undermined already than any romantic vision he has / had for the club is somewhat academic.

I would also add if he was just about waiting for a suitably big job to come along he probably wouldn't have come here in the first place and wouldn't have stayed last summer. There's obviously more to him than that in terms of what makes him tick

He got the January transfer debacle just about right. You had his life about it on twitter.

Anyway, if Benitez doesn't get the proper transfer backing he'll be away (not that I blame him). So it's hard to get worked up about this story when we don't know how Ashley will play it and we could lose Rafa to anyone.

I don't remember speaking to Neil Moxey on Twitter.

I don't remember speaking to Neil Moxey on Twitter.

I don't think he replied, but when I searched for his account on Twitter you'd tweeted him about the January article. It was similar to the comment you made in the thread on here and in this one about him getting one free shot at an untrue article.

Wonder whats going on with the Mirror, must be pissing Ashley off, given they are our approved rag, unless its some kind of fucked up mind game from the fatman himself .

They seemed to stir a bit of negative shit up about KK via friendly sources last time in a bid to discredit him. Wouldn't surprise me to see them doing it again if relations between Rafa and Jabba broke down.