Rafa Arsenal rumor / daily mirror.

scoobos

I don't think he replied, but when I searched for his account on Twitter you'd tweeted him about the January article. It was similar to the comment you made in the thread on here and in this one about him getting one free shot at an untrue article.

What's his account? I'm genuinely intrigued now :lol:

For the record most of his NUFC articles are utter bullshit like!

As I said before, a simple "Rafa do you see your long term future at Newcastle" at the next press conference. If he swerves that one then we'll have a good idea of how the land lies.

He's savvy enough to swerve those questions regardless of any long term ideas he may or may not have. 

No manager declares he's not committed for fear of shutting a door that could be open to him, and he's not going to declare he's not fully committed for fear of burning his bridges. Doors and bridges. Bridges and doors.

ST4bzFf.jpg

The last article he did on us certainly seems to have merit but it's equally clearly that in the past he's either made up shit or just repeated any old bollocks he's been told without making any attempt to confirm the truth.

Either way, until we get promoted and Ashley splashes the cash we are going to hear stories like this.  And I can't see any chance of Ashley confirming a 'war chest' before promotion is sealed, or Rafa confirming he'll stay until he sees the money.  So I expect to hear more like this.

Fwiw I don't see there being much mileage in this particular rumour as I don't really see Arsenal wanting him.  I don't see Rafa being classed as one of the very top echelon of managers these days to the biggest clubs (rightly or wrongly).  I think they would look to someone at a more successful club than us and probably look for a younger man.  I also don't see them looking at the style of football Rafa plays and thinking that it's something their supporters will be happy with.  I know with better players he could produce a more attractive style and I also think their fans will be more inclined to think that they should play a more practical style than what Wenger goes with,  but I still think they won't be keen.