Newcastle United vs Aston Villa 20/02/2017

The Fish

NUFC v AVFC  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We entertain Aston Villa on Monday, which might baffle them because, as a fanbase they look like they've never been entertained in their lifetime.

C4yMA1vWYAAcfHK.jpg

I hope the inclusion of a weakness gives @Dr Gloom the warm fuzzy feelings.

Hopefully Gayle will be back and raring to go, but more importantly I hope Colback is put back in the cupboard under the stairs and Hayden returns to be an actual real life midfielder. 

I wouldn't drop Darlow or Lascelles despite their clangers. Maybe give Atsu a start ahead of the ineffectual Gouffran?

NUFC To Score
0 - 
1 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves
2 - Rayvin, Anorthernsoul, Ant, strawb, acrossthepond, Dr Gloom, StoneColdStephenIreland, @yourservice, LooneyToony
3 - ewerk, Andrew, The Fish, David Kelly, Howay, rogerbarton, tooner, Happy Face, MiddleAgeCool, OTF, Dougle, barnabox, aimaad22
4+ - Tom, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, zico martin, Kitman, TheGingerQuiff

NUFC To Concede
0 - ewerk, Andrew, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Tom, The Fish, David Kelly, Howay, rogerbarton, Anorthernsoul, Happy Face, MiddleAgeCool, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, strawb, Dr Gloom, Dougle, Kitman, barnabox, aimaad22, TheGingerQuiff, LooneyToony
1 - Rayvin, wykikitoon, tooner, Ant, OTF, zico martin, acrossthepond, StoneColdStephenIreland, @yourservice
2 - 
3 - 
4+ - 
Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, after Uncal Mick's favourite manager took over and 'steadied the ship' I think most people thought that they had a decent chance of making the play-offs but they've been shite again of late. I'd settle for any win like.

Everything in the form book dictates we should put them away easily. They've really fostered a losing mentality over there. That said, after last season's two inept draws, plus the very lucky point they got from us earlier this season, I feel like they are a potential banana skin.

Just for a bit of context, though - since they beat us 1-0 to send us down at Villa Park, their fans conducting themselves in the most dignified way throughout, we've played them 13 times and lost just once...

How many goals have we scored from direct free kicks this season?  Gayle against Reading and I think Shelvey has scored one but surely it's not enough to be considered a strength?

They have been so bad recently this has got a defeat written all over it.  Gayle, Hayden and Atsu in for Mitro, Gouffran and Colback would make me more confident.

Really hope we hammer these because they're a bunch of total cunts.

I think we'll see a bit of a response from the players after a couple of individual errors let us down last time (in a game we played well in), I can see Gayle starting and being up for it after a few weeks out. We've been playing well recently but haven't been getting the rub of the green at times or have been let down by poor finishing/individual errors (despite both our form isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination), now we're finally getting back to full strength so hopefully we'll give someone a good kicking to start what is a tough run, it's just an added bonus that the team that hopefully receives that kicking is Beige Villa.

I hope it's 6-0 and Paul Merson has to watch the whole thing. I've went with 3-0 but that's more hopeful than owt else as I think form isn't all that helpful when looking at our opposition as we've seen sides clearly try and step up against us, much like the utter bamps from down the road over the last few seasons.

I think if we can get an early goal we'll be on for giving them a hiding but I think we'll see what we've seen from most of the rabble in this league (chuffed Villa definitely come under that description) and they'll be sitting deep trying to catch us on the break. I reckon Jamaal will have a good game, he surprised me against Norwich as imo he has often carried on having a bit of a mare after an error but he seemed to step up and have a good game even rescuing a point so hopefully that boosted his confidence going into this one.

Oh aye and I fucking pray we don't see Colback start, I know he got an assist but howay we've had enough of him man.

Edited by Howay

Enough with Colback already. Hayden and Shelvey in the middle with Atsu and Ritchie on the flanks and Gayle and diame up top should be plenty. Need that early first goal though

We seem to be ok getting the early first goal it's the second or third killer goals that we're having a problem with.

Enough with Colback already. Hayden and Shelvey in the middle with Atsu and Ritchie on the flanks and Gayle and diame up top should be plenty. Need that early first goal though

Aye, I'd love to see Atsu start. The game time he has had since coming back he has been a bright spark and really trying to get involved, I'd also like to see us go a bit more attacking at home which I think Atsu helps provide over Gouffran.

Really hope we hammer these because they're a bunch of total cunts.

I think we'll see a bit of a response from the players after a couple of individual errors let us down last time (in a game we played well in), I can see Gayle starting and being up for it after a few weeks out. We've been playing well recently but haven't been getting the rub of the green at times or have been let down by poor finishing/individual errors (despite both our form isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination), now we're finally getting back to full strength so hopefully we'll give someone a good kicking to start what is a tough run, it's just an added bonus that the team that hopefully receives that kicking is Beige Villa.

I hope it's 6-0 and Paul Merson has to watch the whole thing. I've went with 3-0 but that's more hopeful than owt else as I think form isn't all that helpful when looking at our opposition as we've seen sides clearly try and step up against us, much like the utter bamps from down the road over the last few seasons.

I think if we can get an early goal we'll be on for giving them a hiding but I think we'll see what we've seen from most of the rabble in this league (chuffed Villa definitely come under that description) and they'll be sitting deep trying to catch us on the break. I reckon Jamaal will have a good game, he surprised me against Norwich as imo he has often carried on having a bit of a mare after an error but he seemed to step up and have a good game even rescuing a point so hopefully that boosted his confidence going into this one.

Oh aye and I fucking pray we don't see Colback start, I know he got an assist but howay we've had enough of him man.

:D

One of the best games in recent years has to be the 6-0 thrashing of them at SJP in our first home game back in the top flight. Kicked off by that screamer by Barton.

:D

One of the best games in recent years has to be the 6-0 thrashing of them at SJP in our first home game back in the top flight. Kicked off by that screamer by Barton.

I was at that game and have no recollection of that at all. :lol:

All I can think of off the top of my head is their pen miss and Andy Carroll getting the sixth.