Newcastle United vs Aston Villa 20/02/2017

The Fish

NUFC v AVFC  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUFC To Score

0 - 

1 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves

2 - Rayvin, Anorthernsoul, Ant, strawb, acrossthepond, Dr Gloom, StoneColdStephenIreland, @yourservice, LooneyToony

3 - ewerk, Andrew, The Fish, David Kelly, Howay, rogerbarton, tooner, Happy Face, MiddleAgeCool, OTF, Dougle, barnabox, aimaad22

4+ - Tom, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, zico martin, Kitman, TheGingerQuiff

NUFC To Concede

0 - ewerk, Andrew, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Tom, The Fish, David Kelly, Howay, rogerbarton, Anorthernsoul, Happy Face, MiddleAgeCool, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, strawb, Dr Gloom, Dougle, Kitman, barnabox, aimaad22, TheGingerQuiff, LooneyToony

1 - Rayvin, wykikitoon, tooner, Ant, OTF, zico martin, acrossthepond, StoneColdStephenIreland, @yourservice

2 - 

3 - 

4+ - 

Just goes from bad to worse for 'The Villa'. Hogan and Codger (not bothering to spell it) both off injured. Codger looked their best player too. Got to say I'm not surprised when you look at their team. They've brought in the likes of Lansbury and Bjarnarsson to 'strengthen' that side. Can you honestly say they are any better than semi-decent at this level? Their keeper's an absolute flapper, Hutton's legs have gone and Elphick is useless too.

Sort of went how we thought it would a bit of a grey game a couple of scrappy goals . Still 3 points are 3 points a good start to the 5 in 15 spell just hope Gayle substitution was a precaution rather than a necessity.

Rafa on Gayle

“I was disappointed because he was doing really well in the training sessions. Last week his partner had a baby and there were some nights when he was not sleeping well.

“He didn’t train on some days. It’s difficult to say but when you put everything together he wasn’t comfortable at the beginning.

“We had to make the substitution. Hopefully it will not be serious, but maybe he will miss some games.

“It is more or less the same problem. We will see.”

I'm happy with the 3 points but I'm not happy with the way we get them and haven't been for a long time.

We don't look anything like a Premiership team and we should with the amount of players on the pitch who have played in that level before.

I'm beginning to have doubts about Rafa's capability of getting the team to play some good football on a regular basis.

Against Villa in the first half we were fucking dismal and never looked like we could win the game. Second half we were better but never really looked like a promotion winning team.

Gouffran brings nothing to the game even though he did score.

Shelvey needs whipping for his inconsistency and wayward passes, and his miserable demeanor.

Diame is up and down like a Woolworths yo-yo in his consistency.

Lascells is still dodgy and has not impressed me as a Premiership stopper whereas Mbemba has.

I could go on but I won't.

I don't think it's as bad as people make out. A lot of his successful teams of the past have been unspectacular but capable of grinding out wins. There'll be an injection of quality in the summer but not wholesale changes. I'd be happy with a centre half, midfielder and striker. Oh and a left back

Another good, solid, unspectacular win. It's good that we're showing we are capable of grinding wins out recently as you really need that in this league.

Always good to beat Villa and even better that the utter fucking cunt Lansbury fucked up on the line.

We don't look anything like a Premiership team and we should with the amount of players on the pitch who have played in that level before.

I'm beginning to have doubts about Rafa's capability of getting the team to play some good football on a regular basis.

Who in that team last night has played regular football at a club in the top 2/3 of the PL? The idea that we're a PL side in the Championship is nonsense. There should be no one under any impression that this is anything other than a team to get us promoted, it will need a lot of work in the summer.

I've said it all season but I'd expect at least a 5 new first teamers added in the summer. dummet, colback, gouffran, diame/perez and I'm sorry to say probably also lascelles will all need upgrading. And there isn't the quality in depth for the PL.

I think a PL squad could be built around shelvey, Hayden, Gayle, Ritchie, Atsu, yedlin but a lot of investment required. You're talking 50m+

NUFC To Score
0 - 
1 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves
2 - Rayvin, Anorthernsoul, Ant, strawb, acrossthepond, Dr Gloom, StoneColdStephenIreland, @yourservice, LooneyToony
3 - ewerk, Andrew, The Fish, David Kelly, Howay, rogerbarton, tooner, Happy Face, MiddleAgeCool, OTF, Dougle, barnabox, aimaad22
4+ - Tom, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, zico martin, Kitman, TheGingerQuiff

NUFC To Concede
0 - ewerk, Andrew, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Tom, The Fish, David Kelly, Howay, rogerbarton, Anorthernsoul, Happy Face, MiddleAgeCool, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, strawb, Dr Gloom, Dougle, Kitman, barnabox, aimaad22, TheGingerQuiff, LooneyToony
1 - Rayvin, wykikitoon, tooner, Ant, OTF, zico martin, acrossthepond, StoneColdStephenIreland, @yourservice
2 - 
3 - 
4+ - 

OI!