Newcastle United vs Aston Villa 20/02/2017

The Fish

NUFC v AVFC  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hayden out for four weeks so we're going to have to suffer Colback for our toughest run of the season.

Anita or Mbemba might honestly be a better shout.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anita is complete dog shit in all mind, maybe he doesn't make as many mistakes (mainly fouls) as Colback. It has honestly been so long since I've had the misfortune of seeing Anita play CM that I can't remember him being much more use than Colback there.

I'd like Rafa to try a few options instead of just going for Colback but I reckon he'll just put fire crotch in there.

Don't let Anita's performances at fullback fool you into thinking he's a midfielder!  I've never seen Mbemba play there but apparently he looked good there for Congo.

He's not great in the centre alongside Shelvey, but it keeps Yedlin at rightback and ousts Colback from Centre mid.

Anita is complete dog shit in all mind, maybe he doesn't make as many mistakes (mainly fouls) as Colback. It has honestly been so long since I've had the misfortune of seeing Anita play CM that I can't remember him being much more use than Colback there.

I'd like Rafa to try a few options instead of just going for Colback but I reckon he'll just put fire crotch in there.

I'd prefer Mitrovic at Centre Mid over Jack fucking Colback.

David Kelly says Hayden is out for 4 weeks but how can that be? He was on the bench at Norwich.

@@Noelie

The 21-year-old Chelmsford born midfielder who can also operate as a centre half has been struggling with the injury for a number of weeks and has been feeling pain around the ankle area.

It has been reported that Hayden has undergone surgery on the injury problem and the player will now be ruled out of action for around four weeks. It is hoped that the midfielder’s operation will cure the complaint without any reoccurrence of the injury.

Edited by trooper

It's truly bizarre that villa fans care about us so much that they go to the lengths of making banners to wind us up. Just why? The only banners I remember seeing held up by our fans were aimed at the board or manager. I don't even recall any targeting the Mackems tbh.

As for colback. I genuinely hope he is inured and it forces rafas hand. I'd rather mbemba or diame there ahead of him - even Anita if he's not still injured. Their [lack of] passing ability is similar but at least Anita doesn't incessantly give away soft free kicks on the edge of our box.

Edited by Dr Gloom

It's truly bizarre that villa fans care about us so much that they go to the lengths of making banners to wind us up. Just why? The only banners I remember seeing held up by our fans were aimed at the board or manager. I don't even recall any targeting the Mackems tbh.

As for colback. I genuinely hope he is inured and it forces rafas hand. I'd rather mbemba or diame there ahead of him - even Anita if he's not still injured. Their [lack of] passing ability is similar but at least Anita doesn't incessantly give away soft free kicks on the edge of our box.

Lads on forums and twitter now claiming we should get over it and we're the only ones bringing it up. Fundamentally isn't true as the Birmingham Mail ran stories before and after our visit about the enmity. Of course if that's mentioned, you're told that the Birmingham Mail isn't representative. :lol:

Do they want us to like them? I don't see the point in them thinking we should get over it unless it's for us to like them. Regardless of that incident I think they're utter boring cunts.

It wasn't the banners themselves it was the fact that a fanbase,  from a club that is one of the most likely you'd forget if you were asked to name the PL clubs before the embarrassment, I never was really arsed about had such venom towards NUFC. That is what people have a problem with imo, it's like some bloke you barely know in the office coming up to you and saying "I'm glad your wife left you, I think you're a cunt" a day after your wife walked out on you, you'd never like that bloke and from that point would always take pleasure in seeing misfortune come to him. 

Edited by Howay

Can't really be arsed to watch tonight's game. It's rarely been enjoyable when we've been on sky this season - usually a laboured performance either hanging on for a stressful win by the odd goal or a narrow home loss. We seem to save our best for when the sky crew isn't in town.

I'll still be watching, no doubt. Would be nice to see a convincing performance and result for once. We should be beating these on current form.

Scary to think that these jokers are a bit of a bogey team for us, especially considering how shite they've been in recent years. Big 3 points needed tonight, we haven't impressed much recently but it's points that matter at this stage. Hopefully Gayle is starting.

Scary to think that these jokers are a bit of a bogey team for us, especially considering how shite they've been in recent years. Big 3 points needed tonight, we haven't impressed much recently but it's points that matter at this stage. Hopefully Gayle is starting.

They've not beaten us in 6 years, I don't think bogey team counts for these