5 games in 15 days

trooper

Starting on Monday February 20th & finishing on Tuesday March 7th we have 5 games in 15 days wich will decide our destiny

20th Feb Villa (h)

25th Feb Bristol City (h)

28th Feb Brighton (a) S

4th Mar Huddersfield (a)

7th Mar Reading (a)

The first 2 you've got to fancy taking all 6 points it's those 3 away games hopefully we'll do well in the home games & give us a massive confidence boost going in to the Brighton game. I think we could get 2 home wins & 3 draws from that lot I think anything more would be a bonus & anything less could be devastating what do you think lads.

Starting on Monday February 20th & finishing on Tuesday March 7th we have 5 games in 15 days wich will decide our destiny

20th Feb Villa (h)

25th Feb Bristol City (h)

28th Feb Brighton (a) S

4th Mar Huddersfield (a)

7th Mar Reading (a)

The first 2 you've got to fancy taking all 6 points it's those 3 away games hopefully we'll do well in the home games & give us a massive confidence boost going in to the Brighton game. I think we could get 2 home wins & 3 draws from that lot I think anything more would be a bonus & anything less could be devastating what do you think lads.

I think you need to switch back from big boy pants, you big bairn.

;)

A good run could see us pull clear of the chasing pack, especially seeing as we play our three closest rivals.

A bad run could see us pulled right back.

It isn't an exaggeration to say that these five games could make a massive difference to our season.

Its no exaggeration to say that the amount of points we get from our remaining games will have an effect on whether we get promoted or not.

:lol:

Top of the League with a +35 goal difference says things are not all too bad, though would I be right in saying that if the recent form of the top 5 continued for the rest of the season, we'd be in trouble?

Paging @HappyFace.

We're on course for 99 points by my reckoning. Surely in a more typical season we would be more comfortable by now?

But, these upcoming games are no more or less important than the ones already played or played

afterward, are they?

We're on course for 99 points by my reckoning. Surely in a more typical season we would be more comfortable by now?

But, these upcoming games are no more or less important than the ones already played or played

afterward, are they?

As I said above, we play our three closest rivals. It's a very important run of games for us.

afterward, are they?

I think they're more important as they feature all the teams directly below us. Do well & we show them a clean pair of heels. Don't do so well & they could catch us up & put us amongst the play offs.

:lol:

Top of the League with a +35 goal difference says things are not all too bad, though would I be right in saying that if the recent form of the top 5 continued for the rest of the season, we'd be in trouble?

Paging @HappyFace.

Over the last 10 games us, Brighton, and Reading all have 2 losses, 2 draws and 6 wins. Leeds have 3 losses, 1 draw and 6 wins out of 10. Huddersfield have the best form with 1 loss, 1 draw and 8 wins. I said elsewhere that Huddersfield seem to be a very streaky side under Wagner, they were a few points ahead of us, then miles behind, and now they're 3rd again.

I think we're coming out of a tricky period, you have to wonder if the chasing sides were without their most important players (like Knockaert being out for 5 games) would they have matched this pace? We're coming back to full strength and honestly I think we've had our best games against the better sides this season for the most part.

Of course this is a rough run of games but it also means that these teams have to play us, it's obviously a time for them to gain points on us but they've all had slip ups recently. I think we'll still be in the automatic spots after this run.

As I said above, we play our three closest rivals. It's a very important run of games for us.

That's only 3 of the games though. We've already lost against Huddersfield. Is that less important than if we lose away? Actually there's an argument to be had if we aren't promoted it's because we lost to shit like Blackburn (twice) rather than promotion rivals. These ate games you'd expect us to win.

It's like the mackems saying they relegated us. They didn't. We lost over 38 games.

afterward, are they?

Our expected points in those matches are lower than many other matches, so they are more significant.

Although we would have to compare that to rivals' for the rest of the season to get a real picture.

Over the last 10 games us, Brighton, and Reading all have 2 losses, 2 draws and 6 wins. Leeds have 3 losses, 1 draw and 6 wins out of 10. Huddersfield have the best form with 1 loss, 1 draw and 8 wins. I said elsewhere that Huddersfield seem to be a very streaky side under Wagner, they were a few points ahead of us, then miles behind, and now they're 3rd again.

I think we're coming out of a tricky period, you have to wonder if the chasing sides were without their most important players (like Knockaert being out for 5 games) would they have matched this pace? We're coming back to full strength and honestly I think we've had our best games against the better sides this season for the most part.

Of course this is a rough run of games but it also means that these teams have to play us, it's obviously a time for them to gain points on us but they've all had slip ups recently. I think we'll still be in the automatic spots after this run.

Aye, that all makes sense.  Good that Brighton seem to be having a slight dip in form at the same time, and it's unlikely that both Leeds and Huddersfield will maintain their current form for the rest of the season.

I just wake up drenched it sweat after Huddersfield nightmares tbh.

That's only 3 of the games though. We've already lost against Huddersfield. Is that less important than if we lose away? Actually there's an argument to be had if we aren't promoted it's because we lost to shit like Blackburn (twice) rather than promotion rivals. These ate games you'd expect us to win.

It's like the mackems saying they relegated us. They didn't. We lost over 38 games.

If we had've beaten the mackems even once we would have stayed up. It doesn't mean that they relegated us but beating the teams around you is a double victory points wise.