Newcastle United V Bristol City 25/2/17

Anorthernsoul

Toon V Bristol City  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Howay the lads.

NUFC to Score
0 - 
1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, @yourservice
2 - StoneColdStephenIreland, Ant, tooner, OTF, The Fish, wykikitoon, rogerbarton, Renton, acrossthepond, LooneyToony, ohhh_yeah, ewerk, Dougle
3 - Dr Gloom, Andrew, Rayvin, Howay, barnabox, Kitman, MiddleAgeCool, strawb, David Kelly, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff, Tom, Happy Face
4+ - scoobos, Anorthernsoul, Park Life

NUFC to Concede
0 - Dr Gloom, Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, tooner, OTF, Rayvin, Howay, Kitman, The Fish, wykikitoon, MiddleAgeCool, Kevin Carr's Gloves, rogerbarton, strawb, scoobos, David Kelly, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff, Tom, Dougle, Happy Face
1 - Ant, barnabox, Renton, acrossthepond, LooneyToony, ohhh_yeah, ewerk
2 - Park Life
3 - 
4+ - 
Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see a few fringe players getting a run out here: Atsu, maybe Henley, Murphy and Lazzar. He'll want to rest a few of his first choice 11 for the big games coming up.

The Bristol game coincides with a piece in the Chronic about the squad players. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of them, maybe not starting positions but longer than Rafa's traditional 5-10 minutes at the end of the game. Atsu and Hanley might start mind you.

The last time we rotated heavily we lost at home to Blackburn. Tough games ahead in a short space of time, but I wouldn't want to mess with the foundations of the team.

EDIT: Surely this it the time to see Atsu on the left, though? If we're worried about Gouffran shielding Dummett, a game against these without their top scorer seems a good time.

Edited by rogerbarton

The Bristol game coincides with a piece in the Chronic about the squad players. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of them, maybe not starting positions but longer than Rafa's traditional 5-10 minutes at the end of the game. Atsu and Hanley might start mind you.

i wouldn't mind at all if atsu and lazaar started. fucking sick of the sight of dummet and gouffran on that flank

On paper you'd think a convincing win to give us confidence going into the Brighton game. But we're Newcastle United these games have a tendency to smack us in the face. But I fancy Mitro to step up to the plate with a hat trick 4-0 to the toon.

We can't afford to slip up mate & this will be Mitro's chance to prove a point

We can afford to slip up. We're 5pts and 29 goals better off than 3rd.

This isn't Mitrovic's only chance either.

And even if both those things were​ true, how does that explain your 4-0 Mitro hat trick prediction? ;lol:

If we were 5 points behind people would be moaning about how far off we were, now we're 5 points clear (which is really like 6 because of GD) it's as if Huddersfield are about to catch us. I'm not worrying about us slipping up tbh, we're top because we've been the best side in the league so far. Huddersfield might slip up, in which case we could be 8 points clear, then if we beat them we're 11 points clear. I don't see how that is any less likely than us slipping up and then losing to Huddersfield.

I think we'll grind out another win here against a side in poor form.

Edited by Howay

if we were dispatching teams more convincingly there would be fewer signs of nerves. has to be said that we haven't been playing well during this latest unbeaten run

Eh? QPR aside, we've been the better side in every game we've played. It was ridiculous that we didn't leave Norwich with 3 points

It's like some expected us to beat everyone comfortably every week.

If we had been offered the position we are in now before we kicked a ball everyone would take it.

Comes down to personality I think, glass half full/empty.