Newcastle United V Bristol City 25/2/17

Anorthernsoul

Toon V Bristol City  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eh? QPR aside, we've been the better side in every game we've played. It was ridiculous that we didn't leave Norwich with 3 points

Every game I've watched recently, and I've seen most of them, has been painful viewing.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf that's the majority of games in the Championship. Brighton have regularly been pissed on for 80 minutes before bagging 2 late goals to win 2-1. We're a workmanlike side that's lacking much quality/creativity but we're good at grinding out wins. As long as we keep Shelvey on the pitch we'll be fine.

Aye as long as we get over the line one way or another, who cares how pretty it is.

Have to say mind, our biggest issue is that we do like kinda turgid and lacking in bite sometimes. But that doesn't automatically mean any of the teams we're about to go up against will be better. We should be able to handle any of them.

Every game I've watched recently, and I've seen most of them, has been painful viewing.

Agreed even the other night when we went 2-0 up against Villa it still didn't feel comfortable. 7 times this season we've scored within the first 10 minutes, 2 of those times we've scored in the 1st minute both those games QPR & Norwich we drew 2-2. As I said before we seem to lack the killer instinct that's why I'm hoping we can rectify this on Saturday.

We can afford to slip up. We're 5pts and 29 goals better off than 3rd.

This isn't Mitrovic's only chance either.

And even if both those things were​ true, how does that explain your 4-0 Mitro hat trick prediction? ;lol:

Sorry for the confusion mate I should have said hope the lad scores a hat trick

Tbf that's the majority of games in the Championship. Brighton have regularly been pissed on for 80 minutes before bagging 2 late goals to win 2-1. We're a workmanlike side that's lacking much quality/creativity but we're good at grinding out wins. As long as we keep Shelvey on the pitch we'll be fine.

Yeah, I agree with that. I think we'll go up because we've got the best coach in the league who can get results despite the limitations of the side. It isn't always pretty so people are getting nervous because we're accumulating points with little panache.

I'm not about to wet the bed. Don't think I'm quite ready to wave the willy though either.

Aye as long as we get over the line one way or another, who cares how pretty it is.

Have to say mind, our biggest issue is that we do like kinda turgid and lacking in bite sometimes. But that doesn't automatically mean any of the teams we're about to go up against will be better. We should be able to handle any of them.

We're basically the least shit side in the league in a battle of turds.

Yeah, I agree with that. I think we'll go up because we've got the best coach in the league who can get results despite the limitations of the side. It isn't always pretty so people are getting nervous because we're accumulating points with little panache.

I'm not about to wet the bed. Don't think I'm quite ready to wave the willy though either.

:lol: Nah I know you're one of the people confident of promotion. I get what you're saying that the more grinding nature of our wins is leading people to worry. Rafa has always been fairly pragmatic as we've both alluded too and even though they've not been spectacles we've dominated the majority of games this season. Agree with what you've said.

We looked better last time as I think the squad had a better balance to it and we had more creativity in the side, which is what I think a lot of people have in their mind when comparing this season to that one. 

I'm happy enough to wave my willy about as it's about the only time we've had any sort of cause too for nearly 10 year.

Edited by Howay

I do think this side will struggle in the premier league without serious investment. We can't rely on Rafa's organisational skills and tactical nous alone in the top flight if dummet, Anita, colback and gouff are starting games

Edited by Dr Gloom

Sorry for the confusion mate I should have said hope the lad scores a hat trick

I don't accept your apology.

:lol: Nah I know you're one of the people confident of promotion. I get what you're saying that the more grinding nature of our wins is leading people to worry. Rafa has always been fairly pragmatic as we've both alluded too and even though they've not been spectacles we've dominated the majority of games this season. Agree with what you've said.

We looked better last time as I think the squad had a better balance to it and we had more creativity in the side, which is what I think a lot of people have in their mind when comparing this season to that one. 

I'm happy enough to wave my willy about as it's about the only time we've had any sort of cause too for nearly 10 year.

I'm not sure we were much easier on the eye to be honest. A lot of our goals were pretty ugly and their were endless complaints about Nolan's immobility, Simpson's defending, a lack of creativity in the centre etc.

A football fan's nature to be a moaning cunt though isn't it?

Tactically we're seeing Rafa drilling and planning for us going into the PL where we won't be a cut above everyone we play, we could've been more aggressive/attacking all season and probably would be better off but then we'd have to have a big re-structure over summer to prepare ourselves for the PL.

Benitez is an attention to detail manager who focuses a lot on discipline, shape etc, hence his constant tweaking during games, always in the technical area instructing people. Getting that drilled in over an entire season rather than a summer will, you'd think, yield much better results next season.

I feel like a few fringe players will get a look in also but none of them have covered themselves in glory when called upon this season.

To be fair, most times the fringe players have been brought in they've been brought in en masse. We've not really seen Lazaar at left back with the rest of our 1st team alongside him, or Gamez. 

Big few games for Mitrovic, but games I fancy him to enjoy.