Newcastle United V Bristol City 25/2/17

Anorthernsoul

Toon V Bristol City  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Billy, I'd really love to see us win the league. I know it has the same end result as 2nd but I'd still be chuffed with a League title. I also get that a lot of people aren't arsed about it as like I say it really means the same thing, also as Renton said if we come 2nd it may get Ashley's back up and he might allow a bigger spend.

If Brighton (Hudds also could btw, not writing them off) beat us to 1st then I'll be thoroughly impressed by Hughton (I'm impressed so far tbf) and think it would be a far better achievement than his title win with us. As I said earlier both Wagner, Hughton, and their players deserve a heap of praise as it's mental that we are seeing 3 teams this tight on such high points tallys. Obviously Rafa deserves plaudits too, he's doing a great job managing us through what Villa and Norwich have shown can be a really tricky season.

Abject? Really?

Huge amount spent on the squad compared with all but one other team (not counting sales but that doesn't affect that imo) and the manager with the best pedigree in the division.

Ashley and Charnley should be shot for not strengthening in January and Benitez has to take responsibility for the results and performances that haven't quite been there. We also have players who think they're better than they are.

I do actually think we'll finish top but if we don't I'm not going to shrug it off.

Huge amount spent on the squad compared with all but one other team (not counting sales but that doesn't affect that imo) and the manager with the best pedigree in the division.

Ashley and Charnley should be shot for not strengthening in January and Benitez has to take responsibility for the results and performances that haven't quite been there. We also have players who think they're better than they are.

I do actually think we'll finish top but if we don't I'm not going to shrug it off.

I'd say abject failure would be failure to be promoted by any means. Getting promoted is job done. We've spent money, but have been under consistent pressure as clear favourites. History shows the favourites rarely go up. We've done okay so far.

Oi oi, back again.

I thought that in the first half we were absolutely vile, a genocide of a performance. Good to see us coming back after going behind first for change but us being utter wank in the first half at home really needs to stop; it's happened on Saturday, vs QPR and vs Wolves and Huddersfield for the entire game. Blackburn though I thought we created enough to win, just like we did in the second half yesterday. 

I've seen our fans bedwetting regarding us and our promotion push (some may be on here, haven't read through the thread) but we're 5pts clear of 3rd, effectively 6 with our goal difference with still Huddersfield to play away, and away from home we're far superior than at home. It's going to be one unpretty slog until the end of the season, and if some aren't up for it, like the mongs who booed at half time, then find another hobby.

Edited by Haydnator

Aye. It was quite loud like but it wasn't the whole ground. Strawberry Corner quickly drowned it out with chanting. Bloody simpletons, man. It'll be the "I pay my money I do what I wish" collection of cunts.

It's a good way to turn the playing staff against the crowd which obviously makes for a lovely toxic environment. I get that people are frustrated by being 2 goals down at home to one of the lower sides but booing in that situation is just fickle as fuck.

I'd say abject failure would be failure to be promoted by any means. Getting promoted is job done. We've spent money, but have been under consistent pressure as clear favourites. History shows the favourites rarely go up. We've done okay so far.

Really? That surprises me.

Agree with you that this talk of abject failure is nonsense like. We're not Villa, we're not even Norwich. We're comfortably clear of 3rd, we're on course for over 97pts, by what measure is that failure? Because other teams are also​ doing well?

I thought Mitrovic was Shola-esque on Saturday. Particularly when you couldn't slide a Football Pink under his feet when he was competing for headers and when he was kidding himself he was closing defenders down.

So, rarely then.

:lol:

Maybe it was win it then. Sure someone cited that the favourites have only won it once in the last 15 years or something. Scanning the list of recent winners that looks plausible to me tbh.

Anyway, point was being favourites can be a burden, and we were massive favourites.

Maybe it was win it then. Sure someone cited that the favourites have only won it once in the last 15 years or something. Scanning the list of recent winners that looks plausible to me tbh.

Anyway, point was being favourites can be a burden, and we were massive favourites.

Certainly means that every game is one where we need to grind out a result. Must be daunting pressure for the younger players like Hayden, Perez and Mitrovic?

There's been booing a few times at half time this season and it's ridiculous (although if the players deserved it after any half of football it was this one).

Lascelles, Dummett, Yedlin, Perez, Colback and Mitrovic were all shite.  I'd seriously consider dropping Lacselles now, he's been terrible for weeks and Hanley and Mbemba could both do a better job.

Lascelles is an odd prospect imo, he seems to have all the necessary stuff to be a good centre half. He's big, strong, fairly quick, athletic, can pass, etc but he really seems to come unstuck under pressure which is obviously a massive issue. Whenever the opposition are in the area he seems to be in panic mode more often than not and at times looks unsure of what to do. Obviously he's still a young lad so can improve a lot but I agree it's time to give someone else a go alongside Clark for a bit.

There's been booing a few times at half time this season and it's ridiculous (although if the players deserved it after any half of football it was this one).

Lascelles, Dummett, Yedlin, Perez, Colback and Mitrovic were all shite.  I'd seriously consider dropping Lacselles now, he's been terrible for weeks and Hanley and Mbemba could both do a better job.

rafa doesn't seem to fancy mbemba at all though, does he? it's a shame as i thought he showed a lot of promise. 

It's a bad experience at SJP these days, everyone thinks they are the England manager and consistently hurl abuse at the players. I seen a few arguments in the crowd on Saturday, some of the comments being shouted were ridiculous. I fail to see how spouting rubbish will help the team? We may get the numbers but the atmosphere is a shadow of what it once was (Granted we've had little to shout about). The last time I checked the home fans were supposed to get on the opposing players backs?

It's a bad experience at SJP these days, everyone thinks they are the England manager and consistently hurl abuse at the players. I seen a few arguments in the crowd on Saturday, some of the comments being shouted were ridiculous. I fail to see how spouting rubbish will help the team? We may get the numbers but the atmosphere is a shadow of what it once was (Granted we've had little to shout about). The last time I checked the home fans were supposed to get on the opposing players backs?

The atmosphere when I started going to games in the mid 80's was so much better and we'd had nothing to cheer about (other than a promotion) for years then.  I don't think the lack of anything to cheer about is the problem, it's just mindset of supporters these days.  I don't think it's limited to us either.