Newcastle United V Bristol City 25/2/17

Anorthernsoul

Toon V Bristol City  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The atmosphere when I started going to games in the mid 80's was so much better and we'd had nothing to cheer about (other than a promotion) for years then.  I don't think the lack of anything to cheer about is the problem, it's just mindset of supporters these days.  I don't think it's limited to us either.

Everything about going to games now is rather shit, the stupid prices, the standard of football, the atmosphere. It's just not enjoyable at all. 

I'd rather stay in the bar.

If it's true about the experience at SJP perhaps they should build a new stadium.  That might freshen everyone up. Just putting it out there.

It would be a dream come true for me for I've never been.  But if it's as bad as you guys say, well...

Everything about going to games now is rather shit, the stupid prices, the standard of football, the atmosphere. It's just not enjoyable at all. 

I'd rather stay in the bar on my own.

giphy.gif

I'd rather stay in the bar.

Worryingly I think a lot of people have that attitude.  I know a couple of lads who regularly leave at half time and just go and get pissed.

Can you honestly say, hand on heart, that I'm wrong?

It's shit at the minute mate.

It's not just us it's modern football in general, everything is just so sanitised and again it's not just us. Liverpool are probably a decent comparison, they have the Kop who have the main/only singers in and that whole stand gets going when they're playing well, we have the Strawberry Corner/Gallowgate but the rest of the ground, such as the Milburn here and the new main stand at Anfield which are both pretty much mostly corporates and day trippers.

I've hardly seen a decent atmosphere at SJP.

Can you honestly say, hand on heart, that I'm wrong?

It's shit at the minute mate.

I don't disagree, I just found the whole post a bit melancholy. :lol:

It's not just us it's modern football in general, everything is just so sanitised and again it's not just us. Liverpool are probably a decent comparison, they have the Kop who have the main/only singers in and that whole stand gets going when they're playing well, we have the Strawberry Corner/Gallowgate but the rest of the ground, such as the Milburn here and the new main stand at Anfield which are both pretty much mostly corporates and day trippers.

I know he's mentioned it a few times but you can tell Klopp is really disillusioned by the reality of the Anfield atmosphere, and by extension English stadiums generally. Mind I'm not sure I'd want a massive flag obscuring my view for 90 minutes like in Germany, so I suppose it's swings and roundabouts.

I know he's mentioned it a few times but you can tell Klopp is really disillusioned by the reality of the Anfield atmosphere, and by extension English stadiums generally. Mind I'm not sure I'd want a massive flag obscuring my view for 90 minutes like in Germany, so I suppose it's swings and roundabouts.

Aye, it gets to him, I remember him complaining about it before and I can't blame him. In Germany tickets are something like €20, and season tickets are fantastically priced for fans, who are all working class, and pretty much every seat in German grounds are taken by season ticket holders.

Contrast that to the prices of a season ticket in the Platinum Club.

Aye, it gets to him, I remember him complaining about it before and I can't blame him. In Germany tickets are something like €20, and season tickets are fantastically priced for fans, who are all working class, and pretty much every seat in German grounds are taken by season ticket holders.

Contrast that to the prices of a season ticket in the Platinum Club.

They've also got the 50+1 rule in the Bundesliga.

NUFC to Score

0 - 

1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, @yourservice

2 - StoneColdStephenIreland, Ant, tooner, OTF, The Fish, wykikitoon, rogerbarton, Renton, acrossthepond, LooneyToony, ohhh_yeah, ewerk, Dougle

3 - Dr Gloom, Andrew, Rayvin, Howay, barnabox, Kitman, MiddleAgeCool, strawb, David Kelly, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff, Tom, Happy Face

4+ - scoobos, Anorthernsoul, Park Life

NUFC to Concede

0 - Dr Gloom, Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, tooner, OTF, Rayvin, Howay, Kitman, The Fish, wykikitoon, MiddleAgeCool, Kevin Carr's Gloves, rogerbarton, strawb, scoobos, David Kelly, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff, Tom, Dougle, Happy Face

1 - Ant, barnabox, Renton, acrossthepond, LooneyToony, ohhh_yeah, ewerk

2 - Park Life

3 - 

4+ -