Brighton v Newcastle United

wykikitoon

Whats the score like?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A Big Big Game!

Bv_N.png

NUFC to Score

0 - wykikitoon, David Kelly, Lackie92, Holden McGroin, trophyshy

1 - The Fish, Dr Gloom, MiddleAgeCool, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Kitman, rogerbarton, SpartaFC, StoneColdStephenIreland, acrossthepond, Happy Face, LooneyToony, OTF, Renton, barnabox, @yourservice

2 - Ant, strawb, Howay, Rayvin, Anorthernsoul, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff, Tom

3 - Park Life, Andrew, Dougle, ewerk, ohhh_yeah

4+ -

NUFC to Concede

0 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves, rogerbarton, Ant, Howay, David Kelly, StoneColdStephenIreland, Happy Face, TheGingerQuiff, Tom

1 - Dr Gloom, Park Life, Andrew, Kitman, strawb, SpartaFC, Rayvin, Anorthernsoul, Dougle, ewerk, acrossthepond, zico martin, LooneyToony, barnabox

2 - The Fish, MiddleAgeCool, ohhh_yeah, Lackie92, OTF, Renton, Holden McGroin, trophyshy, @yourservice

3 -

4+ -

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be delighted with a draw, and I reckon we'll lose it 2-1.

They'll be confident, 60% of their points and 60% of their goals have come at home, they've only conceded 9 goals at home, losing only once (to Brentford).

They've four players on double figures, we have one.

They're up against the team with the best away record though. Them having a go at us might help us.

I expect Hughton will have done his homework and will have a player assigned to mark shelvey out of the game. If he isn't given any room to spray it around, we look ordinary.

They're up against the team with the best away record though. Them having a go at us might help us.

I expect Hughton will have done his homework and will have a player assigned to mark shelvey out of the game. If he isn't given any room to spray it around, we look ordinary.

That's not how they play though. It's conservative, deliberate, counter attack and set pieces. Just like it was for us under Hughton.

That's not how they play though. It's conservative, deliberate, counter attack and set pieces. Just like it was for us under Hughton.

sounds like it could be a boring draw then which wouldn't be the worst result. 

1-0 to the toon. It's going to be a cagey affair - the biggest game of the season for both sides. I think we'll nick it, though we'll have to raise our game significantly (and I think we will). I do hope Gayle's in better shape - sounds like he's mentally a bit out of it at the moment.

sounds like it could be a boring draw then which wouldn't be the worst result. 

Trouble is, they've more chance of nicking it. We look a bit wobbly at the back and our strike force isn't full of confidence either.

I must admit Brighton looked very good the other night against Reading they seemed full of confidence & deserved their 3-0 win. It'll be a tough test this one I just hope we're up for it not like the first half against Bristol

Thought Dummett was at fault for their second on Saturday not Darlow.  Darlow clearly shouted for it but Dummett decided to head it anyway.  I'd be more inclined to change the defence than Darlow at this stage.

I fancy us to step up our game for this one though and think we'll get a tough 1-0.

I don't think Darlow shouting for it gets him off the hook automatically like, he didn't need to come charging off his line like that which put Dummett under pressure.

I think we'll get a narrow win. We're very strong away from home, the players will be up for it, and I back Rafa to have sussed them out. We'll probably do it in typical fashion of recent weeks and spend the last 8-10 minutes defending a 1 goal lead :lol: .

Darlow needs a break, Elliot is the better keeper anyway.

I disagree there like.  Elliot did really well last season but I think regardless of a couple of daft mistakes, Darlow looks the better keeper.  I can't think of a keeper we've had in the last 30 years who's better than him at dealing with crosses.  

I don't think Darlow shouting for it gets him off the hook automatically like, he didn't need to come charging off his line like that which put Dummett under pressure.

I'm not sure about that.  I think there is an argument that he shouldn't have come out but all Dummett had to do was leave the ball and he wouldn't have been under pressure.

I disagree there like.  Elliot did really well last season but I think regardless of a couple of daft mistakes, Darlow looks the better keeper.  I can't think of a keeper we've had in the last 30 years who's better than him at dealing with crosses.  

To be fair, that's a low bar you've set.

I'm not sure about that.  I think there is an argument that he shouldn't have come out but all Dummett had to do was leave the ball and he wouldn't have been under pressure.

I think they were both to blame a bit. Agree about sticking with Darlow though

Darlow's got a long way to go to make me feel comfortable about our keeper situation.  Elliot did better than I expected when he was first given the chance, but I'm not convinced about anyone, tbh, not even Woodman.  He is highly touted, by our scouts I'd imagine, which doesn't mean much until he plays on the 1st team.

If we go up, I would like to see us get an experienced, athletic goaltender with good situational awareness. Not one of Darlow's strengths.