Brighton v Newcastle United

wykikitoon

Whats the score like?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just had another sober look this morning on their site. Quite a number in serious denial, also one or two going on about how many Defoe would score as if he'd be anywhere near the league as a Sunderland player. If they go down and don't hit lucky with new signings from any money brought in from sales they are absolutely fucked.

I've stopped even having small looks on there now. The lot of them are such bitter, absolute melts and their patter is fucking tedious.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great 3 points. Tactics, selection and performance were excellent, and pretty much everyone did a good job bar the ref. First goal was lucky but we've had very little luck this season in my opinion. One think that I haven't heard mentioned much was that the pitch was very, very poor, which as far as I could see suited Brighton a lot more than us. I've been critical of Perez and I think he's shown that he can't be trusted to start games but got to give him great credit for coming on and putting that one away - what a goal. Shelvey wasn't able to dictate the play as much as he often has done this season - possibly due to Brighton being really well organised and conditions being difficult, but we still found a way to win. That's been a defining characteristic of Rafa's career almost everywhere he's been - his teams find a way to win more often than not and it's absolutely class that we're seeing it at Newcastle now. 2 points per game between now and the end of the season get's us almost to 100 points, can't imagine us getting less than 90, we'll be up with games to spare. This squad is doing a cracking job  :up:  

Spot on. It was a very strong away performance, first 20 or so minutes Brighton come out of the gates to try and put us on the ropes and with a massive help from another dodgy decision they got a goal which could have sunk us confidence wise after the start. From that point the team controlled the game, we could never attack really aggressively as Hughton was playing the counter which kept us honest. I thought our defence did a cracking job of checking the counter, I mentioned it earlier but as I slagged the blokes passing off I have to give him extra praise Dummett did a cracking job in particular, had Knockaert completely in his pocket, so much so in fact that I'm sure Anthony is still in there.

It was mint to see Darlow look absolutely solid after a couple of recent wobbles and criticism, that punch he did from Bruno's shot was stunning tbh, I thought it was a good save at first but on the replay he read it perfectly and was even confident enough to put his hands together in order to get a 2 handed punch on it as he knew where he wanted to hit it. As good as Diame's sublime Bergkamp-esque flick.

I agree about Perez in all, I've been critical of the lad but his movement and finish were class yesterday, of course the ball from Ritchie was brilliant and Atsu did well to get the ball into him as well but it's great to see that sort of commitment and desire from players again to work hard and find space in a box that late in the game. 

I thought we'd respond with a performance against Brighton after we'd been grinding out some wins in not great fashion but that exceeded any expectation I had for the game tbh. 

Jack Colback remains one of the worst footballers I have ever witnessed in my life.

Edited by Howay

I've stopped even having small looks on there now. The lot of them are such bitter, absolute melts and their patter is fucking tedious.

Aye, honestly man it's just utter fucking nonsense. The league is shit but the bottom half of the PL is as well ffs, do they honestly think absolute chuff like Hull, themselves, West Brom, Palace, etc are quality sides? There have been a fair few sides from the Championship burst PL sides comfortably in the cup this season, in fact we played Hull off the park ourselve but just couldn't finish that game. There is a ton of crap in this league but you have to be a decent side to win as much and as often as our lot, we're often winning 2 games a week man :lol:.

Our side is completely transformed from the one under McClaren, I shudder to think where we would be now if that was allowed to continue and I honestly think this mackem side are far closer to that train wreck of a team than they are to us now. Rafa has been doing a stunning job tbh, people can go "aye well he's a big name manager so it's to be expected" but he still needs to actually fucking do it and he is doing it remarkably imo. Don't expect any of this from SMB though, they're the same forum that were basically in full agreement that Rafa is a shit manager and he took us down. There are mackems out there that are worried and know they'll be stuck down here for a long time if they go down tbf, just the SMB is basically the Pennywell of forums and we all know Pennywell makes Kandahar look like Paris. I also absolutely do think they're being ridiculous despite the fact people like me were saying we'd piss this league ourselves when we were going down because we were only so confident because of Rafa tbh, if we had a manager of Ashley's usual standard I'd have been panicking. 

Edited by Howay

Well you've got to hand it too Rafa he's a tactical genius. My heart sank when I saw he had Gouff up top . Then they got their penalty & I thought here we go. I was dissapointed that the same 11 came out at half time I though Rafa would have given Mitro a go instead of Gouff. At the hour mark I was like everyone else shouting at the telly for him to bring someone on but he held his nerve. By 70 minutes I thought he'd blown it then he took Colback off for Murphy who almost scored with his first touch. We then got the comedy goal but fuck it by now we definitely deserved it then those last few minutes & we scored the deserved winner. It was a good team performance & tactical genius by Rafa. If we beat 'uddersfield on Saturday we will be 11 points clear of them, even with their game in hand that should be enough to see us get an automatic place & breath a little easier.

Edited by trooper

Considering luminaries like Paul Merson (who lets face it is not only very intelligent but also has an impeccable coaching pedigree) had written Rafa off in terms of being able to manage a side in this league then he is doing quite well I suppose.

Well you've got to hand it too Rafa he's a tactical genius. My heart sank when I saw he had Gouff up top . Then they got their penalty & I thought here we go. I was dissapointed that the same 11 came out at half time I though Rafa would have given Mitro a go instead of Gouff. At the hour mark I was like everyone else shouting at the telly for him to bring someone on but he held his nerve. By 70 minutes I thought he'd blown it then he took Colback off for Murphy who almost scored with his first touch. We then got the comedy goal but fuck it by now we definitely deserved it then those last few minutes & we scored the deserved winner. It was a good team performance & tactical genius by Rafa. If we beat 'uddersfield on Saturday we will be 11 points clear of them, even with their game in hand that should be enough to see us get an automatic place & breath a little easier.

we're up, chill. it's brighton who will wobble now after last night. massive game to win. the force is with us, we're unbeaten in 10. i can't see us losing at huddersfield now.  

There are mackems out there that are worried and know they'll be stuck down here for a long time if they go down tbf, just the SMB is basically the Pennywell of forums and we all know Pennywell makes Kandahar look like Paris.

I do love how they all think they relegated us and we are all devastated about it.  I've never met a single Newcastle supporter considers relegation to be anything other than the fault of the unmotivated team that Rafa took on from the previous three clowns that the useless fat cunt who own the club appointed.  But of course they never let facts get in the way of anything.

Enjoyed the ending to this and not much else. 

Being beaten with sticks and locked in a box for 80 minutes leads to the best climaxes.

I do love how they all think they relegated us and we are all devastated about it.  I've never met a single Newcastle supporter considers relegation to be anything other than the fault of the unmotivated team that Rafa took on from the previous three clowns that the useless fat cunt who own the club appointed.  But of course they never let facts get in the way of anything.

Aye, I understood it at first as it was to rile us up but they've carried on saying it to the point I think they genuinely believe it. If Rafa had been given the job going into that 10 day break where the squad went to Portugal (iirc) we'd still be in the PL now, unfortunately Charnley (or Ashley for not taking it our of his hands sooner) allowed McClaren to throw a few more games completely out the window before Rafa come in. I'm still amazed they took any pleasure whatsoever from that season (aside from us being relegated of course, I get that part) as we were one of the most inept sides many of us have seen in fucking donkeys years under McClaren and they still only finished 1 point above that.

Considering luminaries like Paul Merson (who lets face it is not only very intelligent but also has an impeccable coaching pedigree) had written Rafa off in terms of being able to manage a side in this league then he is doing quite well I suppose.

Honestly man the bloke was probably more coherent after he crashed his car mortal drunk than he is in those pathetic rants on Soccer Saturday. How on Earth a bloke can be a tv pundit and say ridiculous stuff along the lines of 'the guy is used to managing Champions League players, he has no experience at that level so is incapable of managing at it', do they not get that they are essentially implying the Championship is harder to manage in than the Champions League? Absolute fucking arsehole he is man.

Did he really say that? :lol:

Nah I can't remember what it was exactly but it was along those sort of logical lines. Basically saying we should have got someone like Nigel Pearson as he had experience at that level and getting teams promoted as opposed to Rafa who had no experience at that level, he was of course ignoring Rafa's early jobs at 2nd division Spanish sides.

“He wouldn’t be able to do a job in the Championship,” he told Soccer Saturday.

“For how good he is and the reputation he’s got, and he’s great at setting teams up not to lose, he couldn’t manage in the Championship.

“He’d have to find a different quality of player than what he’s been working with all his career and look at players who wouldn’t get in any of his teams he’s been manager of.”

:lol: Fucking hell, I thought I was being harsh with my phrasing when I just paraphrased from memory but he's far more confident in the actual quotes than my guess of what he said. So aye it's fucking absurd, to me that basically implies that it's harder to manage in the Championship and coach lower standard players which is of course utter fucking nonsense.

The worst part about stuff like that is if we go up he'll be writing it off as if he'd been saying we'd piss it all along, "spent loads, what do you expect when they're paying a manager of Benitez's quality" etc, no one will pull him up on it and he'll carry on acting like he's an expert with no repercussions for chatting shite. Honestly man I think people get pulled up and kept honest on here far more than these pundits get pulled for their horrific predictions and they get paid to do it. 

Edited by Howay

Aye that's probably right like, although the type of people who regularly call in are probably the ones that would be nodding their head going 'exactly!' when pundits are advocating Pearson over Benitez.

It takes a special kind of pundit to look more of a cunt than either Robbie Savage or Phil Thompson but Merson manages it at a canter.

I honestly think I do more research for my unpaid, ramshackle podcast than these professional pundits do for their actual job. :lol:

After some of your previous debacle's on here I wouldn't be too confident of that.

:lol:

Majority of the listeners seem to come from abroad, so a lot of my horseshit slips by without too much scrutiny :good:

The stupid thing is, and I suppose Merson is thick as bull's lugs so it shouldn't come as a surprise, Benitez is good at getting results and getting the best out of his squads. He's not just some chequbook manager who just signs superstars. He's very tactically aware and pragmatic. Not to mention having loads of experience of managing in this country. The comments are just borne out of what he hoped would happen.  

The stupid thing is, and I suppose Merson is thick as bull's lugs so it shouldn't come as a surprise, Benitez is good at getting results and getting the best out of his squads. He's not just some chequbook manager who just signs superstars. He's very tactically aware and pragmatic. Not to mention having loads of experience of managing in this country. The comments are just borne out of what he hoped would happen.  

Makes Villa's complete fuck up of a season even better considering he was desperate for them to have one over on us this year.

Makes Villa's complete fuck up of a season even better considering he was desperate for them to have one over on us this year.

Absolutely