Brighton v Newcastle United

wykikitoon

Whats the score like?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to win the league because we've got the best manager - even if he does bizarrely seem to rate some shit players.

We were shite for a lot of that match. I'll take the win but it flattered us.

Big Big win that. Brighton were riddled with doubt at 1-1.

Aye I said to my mate at 1-0 down that if we could score we'd go on to win, they were doing what Pardew had us doing all the time, going up then allowing the team to come onto you so you can counter. It works if you can stop the opposition but if you concede it's nigh on impossible to get back the momentum. Rafa done Hughton up a kipper.

Fantastic performance that, we rode our luck early doors and relied on some good saves by Darlow then they got an utter bollocks penalty. From that penalty we controlled the game as Brighton gave us space to try and counter attack us, our lot defended the counter well.

The first goal was spawny as fuck but deserved, the second goal was quality though and honestly I think fully deserved too as we were the better team overall imo. I gave Dummett a lot of grief for his passing but he had Knockaert in his back pocket all game and the horrible little cheat couldn't do anything to the point Brighton took him off.

Aye, we were good value for the win in the end after a shaky start. There was a spell at about 60-70 minutes when the game started to drift and I thought we'd do well to get a point but Rafa went for it and the attacking subs paid off.

It's a head scratcher when you see Perez with movement in the box then a finish like that. We know he's capable of it hit where us that been all season.

Atsu has to start next game.

We were lucky there without a doubt. We didnt deserve to win, they played some good stuff and put pressure on us. At times it looked like they were about to finish us off but glad we got the rub of it. Unlucky for Houghton but we've got to keep on putting pressure on Brighton as its us or them for the top spot. 

NUFC to Score

0 - wykikitoon, David Kelly, Lackie92, Holden McGroin, trophyshy

1 - The Fish, Dr Gloom, MiddleAgeCool, Kevin Carr's Gloves, Kitman, rogerbarton, SpartaFC, StoneColdStephenIreland, acrossthepond, Happy Face, LooneyToony, OTF, Renton, barnabox, @yourservice

2 - Ant, strawb, Howay, Rayvin, Anorthernsoul, zico martin, TheGingerQuiff, Tom

3 - Park Life, Andrew, Dougle, ewerk, ohhh_yeah

4+ -

NUFC to Concede

0 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves, rogerbarton, Ant, Howay, David Kelly, StoneColdStephenIreland, Happy Face, TheGingerQuiff, Tom

1 - Dr Gloom, Park Life, Andrew, Kitman, strawb, SpartaFC, Rayvin, Anorthernsoul, Dougle, ewerk, acrossthepond, zico martin, LooneyToony, barnabox

2 - The Fish, MiddleAgeCool, ohhh_yeah, Lackie92, OTF, Renton, Holden McGroin, trophyshy, @yourservice

3 -

4+ -

Don't think I'll forget all you who were questioning Rafa.

You know who you are.

:lol: To be fair he could have made the changes earlier ffs. Risky but it paid off so we'll keep schtum.

I think team willy wavers will have added a few to our ranks from team bed wetters after tonight.

A draw would have been a fair result for me. Not a good advert for the Championship.

Seen a lot worse this season. I was on the edge of my seat thoughout.

Maybe not as exciting for the neutral

Will give my synopsis when I recover from my heart problem which was brought on by that fucking unbelievable win.

The candles I lit at the Catholic church, the prayers I said at the Synagogue, and the loitering I did around the Mosque, must have had some effect.

Is this the end of Mitro? Rafa has seen him from the last 10/9 games of last season to now and didn't use him in this game.

Aye, I think so, unfortunately. The manager clearly doesn't fancy him.

Seen a lot worse this season. I was on the edge of my seat thoughout.

Maybe not as exciting for the neutral

Genuinely thought it was very interesting. Just about every other Championship game of ours that has been televised has been pretty dour, but this one was decent and high in quality for this level. Great drama at the end too.