Huddersfield v Newcastle United 04/03/2017

The Fish

HTFC v NUFC  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

C56YTkgXEAEagIV.jpg

1-1 to Huddersfield I reckon.

NUFC to Score

0 -

1 - The Fish, Park Life, Rayvin, Renton, David Kelly, OTF, Holden McGroin, Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, tooner, Kitman, acrossthepond, barnabox, @yourservice, Happy Face

2 - rogerbarton, TheGingerQuiff, MiddleAgeCool, StoneColdStephenIreland, Lackie92, strawb, ohhh_yeah, Ant, LooneyToony, Tom, ewerk

3 - Dr Gloom, Howay, Andrew, zico martin, Anorthernsoul, Dougle, scoobos

4+ -

NUFC to Concede

0 - rogerbarton, Howay, David Kelly, OTF, StoneColdStephenIreland, Holden McGroin, Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, Ant, Happy Face, Tom, scoobos, ewerk

1 - The Fish, Park Life, Dr Gloom, Andrew, TheGingerQuiff, zico martin, Lackie92, tooner, strawb, Kitman, acrossthepond, Dougle, LooneyToony

2 - Rayvin, Renton, Anorthernsoul, ohhh_yeah, barnabox, @yourservice

3 -

4+ - MiddleAgeCool

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go for the 1-0 I meant to pick last game.  

Sounds like Murphy or Mitro should be back in for this one to capitalise on our ability to score from set pieces (never thought we'd see this as a strength after Pardew) and their weakness in the air.

I know they're in great form but the only time I've seen them was against Leeds when I thought they were outplayed until the last twenty minutes. Considering how many games they've won late on its obviously a thing they have going for them so hopefully we can get ahead and then cope better than other teams have.

I agree.  I fully expect our lot to think Reading will be a walk in the park if we win this though.

Aye there's definitely a risk of complacency if we do. I'd fancy Rafa to be able to manage it but even then we've seen complacency cost us in games at times this season so it could creep in a little, it would almost be better to play Reading first but I suppose if we beat Huddersfield we'll be in a really strong position anyway.

Aye there's definitely a risk of complacency if we do. I'd fancy Rafa to be able to manage it but even then we've seen complacency cost us in games at times this season so it could creep in a little, it would almost be better to play Reading first but I suppose if we beat Huddersfield we'll be in a really strong position anyway.

It almost cost us against Villa and certainly did against Bristol.  If we'd went into that game with the right attitude we'd be a further two points clear now.

It almost cost us against Villa and certainly did against Bristol.  If we'd went into that game with the right attitude we'd be a further two points clear now.

Agreed, they came out so slow against Bristol in particular. I suppose it's a natural thing in a lot of sides but it's still very frustrating, hopefully Rafa can keep them focused as I'm slightly nervous for a small (as in 2 games) slump after this run of rough fixtures especially if we win against Hudds + Reading. 

Agreed, they came out so slow against Bristol in particular. I suppose it's a natural thing in a lot of sides but it's still very frustrating, hopefully Rafa can keep them focused as I'm slightly nervous for a small (as in 2 games) slump after this run of rough fixtures especially if we win against Hudds + Reading. 

Rob Lee did make the good point that after every blip we seem to come back with a good result.  I'm hoping that if we do have a blip in these next two games or the supposedly easier game after, that we'll quickly bounce back again.

Rob Lee did make the good point that after every blip we seem to come back with a good result.  I'm hoping that if we do have a blip in these next two games or the supposedly easier game after, that we'll quickly bounce back again.

Aye he's right like. I think it obviously shocks the team, they are a motivated bunch and clearly give a fuck about being promoted but at the same time they're young and can be prone to a bit of over confidence. I also think Rafa then drops a couple of players when there's a poor result which helps wake up some that may have thought they were becoming automatic starters. I think either the Fulham or Birmingham game may be the one we are most at risk of tripping up on as they're low enough for over confidence but decent enough to spring a result against us. The best part about Rafa is I never fear us being blown out, it's fucking brilliant to think that even if we have a shite day it's only really going to be a goal or 2 difference, heading back to years ago when 3 goal losses really felt like a kicking rather than the Pardew years where that felt like a 1-0.