Huddersfield v Newcastle United 04/03/2017

The Fish

HTFC v NUFC  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very little you saw last night has any relevance to our match at the weekend. They made 9 changes FFS. I think they actually could've given Citeh a good game had they bothered. As it was, their defence was being split open at will. Hopefully it'll have given the team a collective knocking, but I honestly doubt it will have made much difference.

Aye he's right like. I think it obviously shocks the team, they are a motivated bunch and clearly give a fuck about being promoted but at the same time they're young and can be prone to a bit of over confidence. I also think Rafa then drops a couple of players when there's a poor result which helps wake up some that may have thought they were becoming automatic starters. I think either the Fulham or Birmingham game may be the one we are most at risk of tripping up on as they're low enough for over confidence but decent enough to spring a result against us. The best part about Rafa is I never fear us being blown out, it's fucking brilliant to think that even if we have a shite day it's only really going to be a goal or 2 difference, heading back to years ago when 3 goal losses really felt like a kicking rather than the Pardew years where that felt like a 1-0.

Hence our frankly offensive GD. Even when we do lose a league game, we're rarely spanked. In fact, we've only lost by more than 1 goal once, against Wolves.

Another 1-2 to us or a 1-3. Feel quite confident after Tuesday but would still take a draw, which we shouldn't be, it's Huddersfield Town ffs. Aye, they're having a good season, but saying that I'll take a point away at Huddersfield is just :anguish:

Another 1-2 to us or a 1-3. Feel quite confident after Tuesday but would still take a draw, which we shouldn't be, it's Huddersfield Town ffs. Aye, they're having a good season, but saying that I'll take a point away at Huddersfield is just :anguish:

I think the 'take a point' feeling is more because it effectively kills off much threat of them catching us as opposed to any real fear of playing Huddersfield, at this point in the season it's just about finishing the job and closing out our position. The only real downside of the draw would be it would mean Brighton would have a chance to go level on points again. If we play anything like we did against Brighton we'll fucking batter them imo.

I think the 'take a point' feeling is more because it effectively kills off much threat of them catching us as opposed to any real fear of playing Huddersfield, at this point in the season it's just about finishing the job and closing out our position. The only real downside of the draw would be it would mean Brighton would have a chance to go level on points again. If we play anything like we did against Brighton we'll fucking batter them imo.

Agree.

With our fantastic away record, I don't understand why people, me included, would want a point away from home. We've won most of our away games. Our stats would be even better if we weren't robbed by that 14 year old lass' holiday in Tenerife haircut mong at Forest.

We were in control of most of the game yesterday, other than the first 15 minutes which is to be expected with Brighton always going to come out fast.

Agree.

With our fantastic away record, I don't understand why people, me included, would want a point away from home. We've won most of our away games. Our stats would be even better if we weren't robbed by that 14 year old lass' holiday in Tenerife haircut mong at Forest.

We were in control of most of the game yesterday, other than the first 15 minutes which is to be expected with Brighton always going to come out fast.

:lol: Agree with all of that including the state of Lansbury's hair, it made the Villa game extra sweet when watching it bounce back off him for an own goal. I think the thing is despite our excellent away form we're always going to be a bit cautious, the money is on us winning but we'd not be overly upset with a draw as it helps accomplish the job. Of course I really want us to win and go on to win the title, both things I reckon we will do. 

We won't win no cups, we won't win no shields, our biggest match will be HUDD ERS FIELD.

Win this one and the league is sewn up imo, but I don't think we will. Going for a 1-1 draw. The message is clear: they see this game as the cup final, not the actual cup quarter-final they just played, and I think they'll come up with a big performance. 

Agree.

To be honest, after the Brighton game I'd be confident of all three points from anyone aside from Huddersfield (or a team in their form at least). But we're without Gayle, we're still playing Jack fucking Colback and we're still making daft mistakes at the back. Huddersfield are in great form, they're set up in a way that could undo Benitez's available options. Huddersfield have; lots of movement, lots of pressure on the ball, lots of possession.

I'd be more confident if Mitrovic and Murphy looked assured up front, but they don't.

I think we'll turn up for this one. They must know how big a game it is. Beat Huddersfield and they're effectively out of the automatic promotion hunt. Fully expect them to puff out their chests and get the win after dispatching Brighton.

#kissofdeath #famouslastwords

To be honest, after the Brighton game I'd be confident of all three points from anyone aside from Huddersfield (or a team in their form at least). But we're without Gayle, we're still playing Jack fucking Colback and we're still making daft mistakes at the back. Huddersfield are in great form, they're set up in a way that could undo Benitez's available options. Huddersfield have; lots of movement, lots of pressure on the ball, lots of possession.

I'd be more confident if Mitrovic and Murphy looked assured up front, but they don't.

Less of the bed wetting, David

Looks like one of my negative posts young Fish Face I agree with what you say.

i'm slightly nervous that i'm driving the team positive train while fish is holding court with the bed wetters. this means we are almost certain to lose. it could be in everyone's interests for me to revise my prediction

i'm slightly nervous that i'm driving the team positive train while fish is holding court with the bed wetters. this means we are almost certain to lose. it could be in everyone's interests for me to revise my prediction

Don't you bloody dare... Trying to get credit for Fishtradamus' predictions!

Key points from the presser

Rafa: "I remember people saying at the start of the season, 'Rafa needs to address the away form'. Now we need to do it at home"

Rafa on Gayle: "He is fine and has trained for three days" 

Rafa on Huddersfield title chances: "When you start playing for something important you feel the pressure" 

Edited by trooper

When Rafa made the announcement about Gayle, he had to pause as there was an audible sound of unzipping as people prepared to get their willys out ready to wave.

To be fair I'd be hesitant to start him after last time, I mean Rafa and the team will know where he is at but I'd have no complaints with seeing Murphy start if he thinks we can win an aerial battle or Gouff to tire the defenders out. If we can get through this one without using Gayle it'll give him a bit longer to get 100%.

QPR aside, he's been canny. Done what we brought him in for. There must be something about him because as soon as I saw he was coming on on Tuesday I thought we were going to win the game, or at least draw.

QPR aside, he's been canny. Done what we brought him in for. There must be something about him because as soon as I saw he was coming on on Tuesday I thought we were going to win the game, or at least draw.

Not criticising him, he's been all right and done what we've asked. That said, he's fluffed a few good chances and is a pretty stationary targetman which likely wouldn't have worked out well against Brighton's two monoliths.