Huddersfield v Newcastle United 04/03/2017

The Fish

HTFC v NUFC  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Benitez favouring the soft bag over hard case for his glasses.

Risky move for such a cautious manager.

:lol:

He likes to live dangerously outside of footy.

I was waiting all game to say it as I didn't want to jinx it but that Van La Parra bloke for them was an absolute fucking clogger. Must have touched the ball a hundred times and did fuck all of note with it other than make Darlow pull off one save that would be saved basically every time.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting interview with Rafa, he basically admitted the game plan was to give them the ball, stay organised with good work rate, stopping them playing through the middle, then hitting them on the counter. Worked a treat

Huddersfield played plenty of triangles but just have enough to put a decent final ball to break us down. Midfield sat deep enough to keep the defence protected and you could see they were trying to push it through. Reduced to shots from distance as a result.

Not quite home and dry but will be interesting to see how Brighton and Huddersfield fare in their next games with Leeds getting involved too. Certainly taken a bit of pressure off which can only be a good thing.

Take off those rose-tinted specs you wankers, the best team lost. Huddersfield were dominant throughout. We were hardly ever in their half.

High marks for an epic defensive display, especially by Ritchie.

Zero marks for an offensive display that never materialized, even though we scored three times.

Demerits to Rafa for starting Anita at full-back, wor lass could have done better than that no pace lightweight.

Did Diame accomplish owt?

Anita and Dummett didn't do much to stop their wide players from causing havoc.

Extremely happy to get 3 points even though I don't think we deserved them.

So they had a bad game aye? Shut up. :lol:

:lol:  I was mostly taking the piss but Colback was his usual clumsy self.  

I'll give you Dummett, because bar that :quotes: cross :quotes:  he did his limited role and is basically playing out of position.

:lol:  I was mostly taking the piss but Colback was his usual clumsy self.  

I'll give you Dummett, because bar that :quotes: cross :quotes:  he did his limited role and is basically playing out of position.

They are usually rotten the pair of them, they just weren't bad like! 

I love hearing defeated managers blaming the ref.

He has no case tbh. We got a soft pen, they got an even softer one. The ref handed out yellows to our lot second half while worse tackles from their lot went unpunished. You can't blame the ref when you don't create a single proper goal scoring opportunity man.

Benitez completely showed him up today tbh. He basically said "I knew they were all fart and nee shite so let them have the ball so we could counter" in his post match interview. We scored nearly anytime we made a concerted effort to attack ffs. I'll be chuffed if they get promoted because on that evidence they'd be cannon fodder.

How's all that for Willy waving.

Edited by Howay

Take off those rose-tinted specs you wankers, the best team lost. Huddersfield were dominant throughout. We were hardly ever in their half.

Zero marks for an offensive display that never materialized, even though we scored three times.

Demerits to Rafa for starting Anita at full-back, wor lass could have done better than that no pace lightweight.

Are you only happy when you are moaning?

Couldn't give a fuck if the "best" team lost

Are you only happy when you are moaning?

Couldn't give a fuck if the "best" team lost

:lol:

The best team that didn't create a single clear cut chance. As someone said it was like Swansea a few years ago (one of Pardews best tactical games), they just had 70% of the ball in the middle of the pitch while a goal down why the fuck would we chase them up and open ourselves up? (I know you're not saying they were the best btw Strawb).

Edited by Howay

You understand that the match went exactly as Benitez planned?

Agree about Anita, and for all of Diamé's Sissokoesque touches, he did drive the ball forward on the counter a couple of times.

High marks for an epic defensive display, especially by Ritchie.

Zero marks for an offensive display that never materialized, even though we scored three times.

Cheer up man, 3-1, 11 points between the two team, Brighton wobbling. The title is ours.

I sort of agree with my crusty ole friend Noellie. :thumbup:

He did say he was pleased with the 3 points. But wholly shmolly, we did nowt with the ball all game.  We gave the ball away so cheaply, especially Diame who never passes the ball.  And other than that, howay the lads!!! chansub-global-emoticon-89679577f86caf4e:nufc:

I sort of agree with my crusty ole friend Noellie. :thumbup:

He did say he was pleased with the 3 points. But wholly shmolly, we did nowt with the ball all game.  We gave the ball away so cheaply, especially Diame who never passes the ball.  And other than that, howay the lads!!! chansub-global-emoticon-89679577f86caf4e:nufc:

The manager set out a plan, the players (mostly) executed it to perfection, it worked.

What are we missing?

That's exactly what a team like Huddersfield are going to do against that strategy.

They had feck all real chances, so it worked.

tbf I was worried that scoring that early might actually be his undoing because obviously the more goals are being protected, the less adventurous the team will be.

I doubt Rafa's plan was to allow Huddersfield to pitch their tents in our half of the field and camp there for the duration.

It pretty much was. It wasn't pretty but as far as tactical plans and executions go it was absolutely spot on. At no point did I think that we were coming away with anything but three points.

Again, I agree with Noellie. :blush2:

There is no way that that was how Rafa envisioned his team with the ball MOST of the time.  There is no doubt he has confidence in Shelvey hoofing it down to someone, but not everyone.  We got away with it today because their keepers were crap today.

But a win is a win.

It pretty much was. It wasn't pretty but as far as tactical plans and executions go it was absolutely spot on. At no point did I think that we were coming away with anything but three points.

Ewerk really?

When they cut it down to 2-1 it never crossed your mind that they might score some stupid goal off someone's penis?