Reading v Newcastle United 07/03/2017

The Fish

Reading v Newcastle  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye as you say aside from Gamez. No idea what's up with Yedlin, I'm hoping it's just to rest him as imo he's far and away been our best right back but the fact Anita is on the bench and he isn't is fairly worrying in that respect. Colback is an utter shambles but I suppose Rafa doesn't fancy playing Diame there so there's not really another option until Hayden gets back fit. 

Edited by Howay

I think moving diame back later in games has proven useful so he'll keep doing it.

Yedlin I presume is just getting rest since he did play from the bench last time out

I think moving diame back later in games has proven useful so he'll keep doing it.

Yedlin I presume is just getting rest since he did play from the bench last time out

I hope so Andrew because as much as I love Rafa, and love watching the team win, watching Vernon Anita and Jack Colback attempt to play football is hard work.

HF has left Dave wearing 100% of his underpants back to front in 75% as few words.

Ohhh Fish is fucking magic

He wears a magic hat

He tried to outstat HF,

But he thought 'nah fuck that'

He wants to stick with mitro

With italics on all night

Aaaand when he does his podcast he'll continue talking shite!

I think I should get more starts at Newcastle. Doesn't matter how shit I am or that I've never shown any ability. Give me 20 starts and I might do OK.

You have nothing to prove this is not true.

The Trump approach to punditry.

Let's go with the evidence. If he's not hitting the target and not scoring goals and hasn't in 2 years, even at a lower level, then he's not going to suddenly sprout wings and start flying. No matter how much you like his enthusiasm.

Except that's not true and a misrepresentation. He scored 9 last year and 4 in a season where he's not played much.

I have not called for him to start more games and in fact agreed that Murphy should start tonight.

The only thing I've done throughout this thread is given evidence that supports my position that the criticism of Mitrovic is over the top and ignores the bigger picture; the style we play, the time he's getting, when in the game he's featuring, the make up of the team he plays with, his age, and so on.

Your shot accuracy stat was designed to criticise Mitrovic, unfairly in my eyes. Murphy has better SA than every top striker in the league. Better than Gayle, should Rafa start Murphy ahead of Dwighty? No, of course not.

Meagre return: 4 goals in the championship from a striker I thought would have treble that at this stage

In 8 starts?

In 8 starts?

And how many games/minutes? Many more than Murphy, I think.

Have you been watching him this season? Do you genuinely think he's done well? If so, you're a poor judge of a player and you're defending him because you want him to do well.

He hasn't done well. He's been hugely disappointing and the fact Rafa doesn't fancy him says it all. He should be scoring goals for fun in this league. Even Perez has done better, and he's had a shit season too if you ask me.

And how many games/minutes? Many more than Murphy, I think.

Have you been watching him this season? Do you genuinely think he's done well? If so, you're a poor judge of a player and you're defending him because you want him to do well.

He hasn't done well. He's been hugely disappointing and the fact Rafa doesn't fancy him says it all. He should be scoring goals for fun in this league. Even Perez has done better, and he's had a shit season too if you ask me.

I think he's had some good games, some decent cameos, some anonymous substitute appearances and some stinkers.

I can see that he's raw, that he's lacking in assurance and that he's making mistakes more experienced players wouldn't.

He hasn't deserved to start ahead of Gayle, Murphy has taken his opportunities well and deserves the starts he's had. Rafa rotates most positions and Atsu's absences aren't evidence that Rafa's given up on him, same is true of Perez, Yedlin, Lazaar et al.

People seem to be confusing my defence of Mitrovic as some kind of blind faith in him, when really it's a call for calm and for people to stop overreacting

He's a good young player who's got a good future. I think he'd score more in a different system, but we shouldn't change our system to fit him. He'd score more if he got longer than 10 minute cameos, so that he could build experience to better take his opportunities when they come by.

You've seen yourself people claiming he can't make it in the Premier League despite him scoring in the Premier League. That he can't score in the Championship even though he has scored in the championship. It just seems backwards to me.

Edited by The Fish

I think he's had some good games, some decent cameos, some anonymous substitute appearances and some stinkers.

I can see that he's raw, that he's lacking in assurance and that he's making mistakes more experienced players wouldn't.

He hasn't deserved to start ahead of Gayle, Murphy has taken his opportunities well and deserves the starts he's had. Rafa rotates most positions and Atsu's absences aren't evidence that Rafa's given up on him, same is true of Perez, Yedlin, Lazaar et al.

People seem to be confusing my defence of Mitrovic as some kind of blind faith in him, when really it's a call for calm and for people to stop overreacting

He's a good young player who's got a good future. I think he'd score more in a different system, but we shouldn't change our system to fit him. He'd score more if he got longer than 10 minute cameos, so that he could build experience to better take his opportunities when they come by.

You've seen yourself people claiming he can't make it in the Premier League despite him scoring in the Premier League. That he can't score in the Championship even though he has scored in the championship. It just seems backwards to me.

Who on here is over reacting? All I see is fair criticism

I like Mitro, I think he's got a good all-round game, but ultimately if he can't finish better than he's shown so far, he's not going to make it as a striker.

Fuck me, thought that was in.

I like Mitro, I think he's got a good all-round game, but ultimately if he can't finish better than he's shown so far, he's not going to make it as a striker.

Fuck me, thought that was in.

Have you got a stream?

@@The Fish, I also think you have a thing where you conflate (lolz) someone overcriticizing someone with everyone doing it.  And not just in this discussion.