Reading v Newcastle United 07/03/2017

The Fish

Reading v Newcastle  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we'd broken Brighton but they couldn't fail to beat Rotherham could they?

Aye, we'll have to see how they go over the next few matches.

NUFC to Score

0 - 

1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, ewerk, StoneColdStephenIreland, Renton, wykikitoon, Holden McGroin

2 - The Fish, Rayvin, David Kelly, Dr Gloom, rogerbarton, Dougle, Anorthernsoul, strawb, Ant, Lackie92, OTF, LooneyToony, Kitman, barnabox

3 - Howay, TheGingerQuiff, Andrew, Tom, tooner, Happy Face, acrossthepond, MiddleAgeCool, ohhh_yeah, scoobos

4+ - adios, zico martin

NUFC to Concede

0 - The Fish, Kevin Carr's Gloves, David Kelly, Howay, Dr Gloom, rogerbarton, TheGingerQuiff, ewerk, Dougle, Anorthernsoul, Tom, tooner, Happy Face, strawb, wykikitoon, OTF, LooneyToony, MiddleAgeCool, scoobos, zico martin

1 - Rayvin, adios, Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, Ant, Lackie92, acrossthepond, Kitman, Holden McGroin, ohhh_yeah

2 - Renton, barnabox

3 - 

4+ - 

I would appreciate it very much if the gentlemen/wankers who exalted Rafa's game plan against Huddersfield would clue me in to what his plan was today against Reading, thank-you!

I'm certainly very glad we didn't lose but it seemed like we very nearly did, and according to the commentators we did not play well and Reading had the most procession.

I bother because I'm a long-time Newcastle supporter who's seen highs and lows for a long long time.  Relegated from the 1st. Division more than once, nearly relegated to the 3rd. Division once, relegated from the Premier league twice.

But then, 3 FA Cups, Fairs Cup, Texaco Cup, quite a few promotions, but never won the top league which I'd like to see before I reach my expiration date(which must be close)

Can't believe you left out the Intertoto Cup Noelie. I'd imagine the look on Parker's face holding that trophy mirrors the look on yours after witnessing a unimpressive victory or worse a 0-0 draw on the road.

Let's look forward to a very tricky game against Fulham at the weekend now. Defeat there & the hard work is undone (well, sort of).

I wonder how Rafa will set the team up - it's fair to say we've been pragmatic in these three games which won't fly in that one.

All in all, we'd have taken 7 points & if we'd had to choose one draw it'd have been this match.

We've played 3 games in 7 days, all 3 teams are in the top 5 and away from home, we won 2 and drew 1 how is that not good Noelie? We can't win every game man let alone traveling all over the country playing 270 minutes of football against 3 of the top 5 teams in a week :lol: we didn't concede a single goal from open play and scored 5, we're still top and now get to play a few weaker teams.

Edited by Howay

I think what bothers me most is that we don't play good football often enough,  even when if we win.  Of course I'm happy when we win but am still bothered if it wasn't by a good football display.

If we play a good game and lose, I'm irked but not really bothered. A lot of my bother comes from games we should have won but didn't, especially against bottom teams.

Huddersfield had 78% of possession, Reading had 70% of possession, and that bothers me even if we win or draw.

Edited by Noelie

I think what bothers me most is that we don't play good football often enough, even when if we win. Of course I'm happy when we win but am still bothered if it wasn't by a good football display.

If we play a good game and lose, I'm irked but not really bothered. A lot of my bother comes from games we should have won but didn't, especially against bottom teams.

Huddersfield had 78% of possession, Reading had 70% of possession, and that bothers me even if we win or draw.

I think when we appointed Benitez I knew we were going to have to get used to "functional" football.

After years of shite since Robson, I'm now happy just to see competence and practicality lead to modest success and possibly the holy grail of a cup.

I think once we're stable (or as stable as we can be under Ashley) there'll be pressure on him to up the style factor.

All assuming he stays of course.