Newcastle United v Fulham 11/03/2017

The Fish

NUFC v FFC  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the players not deal with the pressure of playing at SJP? Some of the performances at home this season have been nothing short of criminal.

Sounds like Rafa got this completely wrong tbf.

From my mates who were at the game it sounds like we were absolutely fucking woeful today. Luckily we have some absolutely shite teams to play in the next few. One thing I will say is we have bounced back from results like this all season.

Body-armour in place, tin hat on.

Benitez fucked up when he started Anita.

Bring Mbemba back, Lascells is not the man for the job ahead.

Benitez fucked up when he didn't make changes at half-time, we'd already allowed them 70% possession in the first and were behind.

Painful to listen to,  promotion hopes disappearing,  goal difference disappearing, unbeaten run disappeared.

I just knew this would happen, but not 3 - 1 that could have been 4 - 1 after giving away a penalty.

Benitez does not seem to be able to get us to play good football, or have us keeping a fair share of possession.

I'm ready for the flak, take your best shots!!

Loving the 'unbeaten record disappeared' too.  By that logic, all unbeaten runs are bad because they come to an end at some point.

Hasn't he mostly gone for fluid attacking football at home?

He got it very wrong today like.

Edited by adios

Annoying from us. Nothing worked, nothing came off until Murphy was on and we had some threat.

We need to start playing 2 up top in home games. There is no way we are going to play through teams with shite like Colback and Diame in the middle. At least having a good target man like Murphy or Mitrovic alongside Gayle gives us an option.

Diame was next to useless. Didn't press, didn't get stuck in by any measure.

Two up top could have worked tbh, but we were just firing long balls up the centre with Gayle desperately trying to outjump people a foot taller than him. Pointless.

Said it earlier, Fulham are a fucking nightmare to play. So many defeats it's unreal. If that kid had scored that pen it would've been the third time I'd seen them they'd beat us 4-1 at home. Atsu and Anita on the same flank an absolute nightmare. Rest were terrible as well

Genuinely don't know how Anita still plays for us. He's complete and utter shite.

Agree with what HMHM said in regards to them being a bogey team for us, I also felt like this was a potential shit game for us coming off that great week and I'm sure that's where most of the coaches planning and focus was rather than paying loads of attention to this one(I'm sure they still prepared obviously but the focus was rightly on that run).

We'll be fine.