Newcastle United v Fulham 11/03/2017

The Fish

NUFC v FFC  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing is everyone will fancy their chances against us at SJP now,

The 5 home games are...

Wigan

Burton Albion

Leeds

Preston

Barnsley

The 4 away games are ...

Birmingham

Sheff Wed

Ipswich

Cardiff

What makes you say everyone will fancy their chances against us? Fulham are currently 7th and could be in the play-off spots if they win their game in hand. Wigan are 23rd, Burton are 18th, Preston 8th and Barnsley 11th, the only side comparable to Fulham are Leeds from that bunch (you could argue Preston but they were still a point behind Fulham with 2 games more played before we lost to Fulham). 

There's no need to go into panic mode if we lose a game like some on here are. We've got utter shite history against Fulham and yes our home form isn't as good as our away form but we'd still be 7th on just a home table with a game in hand on a good amount of the sides above us. We beat two of the top 3 and drew with the 5th placed side and people were still fucking moaning, I honestly think some people revel in when we lose (not directed at you Trooper).

Look at the Barcelona match at the weekend, after their game against PSG they lost to Deportivo La Coruna who were in fucking 17th place before the game. Games like this happen after a big game or a big run. Fulham played well, we were caught fairly unprepared from the sounds of things which I'm sure was down in no small part to the massive focus on the prior week. A two goal margin of defeat is the largest (tied) we've lost by this season (ignoring the kids playing in the cup), just enjoy the fucking season man.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough game for Brighton.

Aye if Leeds don't roll over like every other team. If Derby turned up to SJP like they did at Brighton on Thursday we would have put 8 past them.

What makes you say everyone will fancy their chances against us? Fulham are currently 7th and could be in the play-off spots if they win their game in hand. Wigan are 23rd, Burton are 18th, Preston 8th and Barnsley 11th, the only side comparable to Fulham are Leeds from that bunch (you could argue Preston but they were still a point behind Fulham with 2 games more played before we lost to Fulham).

There's no need to go into panic mode if we lose a game like some on here are. We've got utter shite history against Fulham and yes our home form isn't as good as our away form but we'd still be 7th on just a home table with a game in hand on a good amount of the sides above us. We beat two of the top 3 and drew with the 5th placed side and people were still fucking moaning, I honestly think some people revel in when we lose (not directed at you Trooper).

Look at the Barcelona match at the weekend, after their game against PSG they lost to Deportivo La Coruna who were in fucking 17th place before the game. Games like this happen after a big game or a big run. Fulham played well, we were caught fairly unprepared from the sounds of things which I'm sure was down in no small part to the massive focus on the prior week. A two goal margin of defeat is the largest (tied) we've lost by this season (ignoring the kids playing in the cup), just enjoy the fucking season man.

Couldn't agree more.

+1

I can't see 90 odd points not being enough. So win 5 of our remaining 9, basically. There's no way Brighton and Huddersfield are both winning all their remaining games.

Yes Perez has been pretty awful most of the time this season, as he was last. The lack of a decent number 10 has been a problem for us this season. Neither him or Diame have performed there which makes it all the more infuriating that Rafa hasn't tried to have a go with Mitro or Murphy up with Gayle for more than five minutes here or there.

And of course Rafa deserves a hell of a lot of credit for getting us to where we are with what is in many positions a pretty limited team. But when he gets it wrong like he did on Saturday he should face criticism the same as anyone else. Although due to the goodwill and respect he's got, he'll face a lot less than the likes of Pardew and McClaren would have got (and deservedly so).

Fair enough, haven't really been able to see or hear much over here.

Isn't Mitro still a danger of going mental on someone and getting a straight red any given match? Or has Rafa calmed him down?

Never felt worse about our home support.

People that haven't joined in a song all day who arrived late for both halves screaming at fans for leaving early.

Pouring bile on a 5 year old ball boy.

Raging at our own players for not committing to strong challenges on half way and then raging at them for committing to a challenge that doesn't come off and gives the opposition space to run at.

This when we've not lost in 11 games? Wankers.

Hate the pa blasting out songs and shouting "make some noise" too. We might if we could hear any fucker beyond the next seat you bellend.

Even as we do well, its still only the drink before and after that makes it worth going back.

Sounds like Arsenal. Have they been getting their "Rexit" signs ready yet?

I don't like to harp on about it because it makes me seem like the miserable old cunt I probably am but I've been less than impressed the rare occasion I've been there in recent years. Particularly this season though I can't get me head around why people think it's ok (or indeed anything other than counter-productive) to get on player's backs after one misplaced pass or whatever.

There's a real sense of "Well, I pay my money I can do what I like". A symptom of the evolution from supporter to customer. Like they've gone to watch a film, rather than act like a football fan. Whenever I've been in the pub with my Dad's mates you'd honestly think we were languishing in the 4th tier the way they go on. And these are blokes who were there to see us lift a pot and also there when the actual shitshow was in town. 

Add to them the CTs of the world, who like the product, but would be just as happy taking in a musical or an all you can eat buffet.

I think the relocation of the away fans to pitchside will improve the atmosphere, but the roots of the problem are much deeper.

:good:

Were people's bed this wet last time we were down? It's like the appointment of Rafa has blinded people to the quality in the squad.

Hughton inherited a ridiculous "Championship" team of internationals and Premier League standard players. Benitez bought a good Championship squad peppered with a  couple of Premier League players, but the majority of them are fundamentally not that good. But people are carrying on like failing to win every game (while playing a brand of beautiful football we didn't see under Hughton) is the wheels coming off/unacceptable.

Everything is either peaches and cream, or pile of shit in a train fire. :lol: