Birmingham City vs The Championship Table Toppers!!!

Birmingham vs Toooon!  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 points from Reading, Fulham, and Birmingham is pretty fucking poor.

Mind you, that's the worst starting 11 we've had for a long time (excluding the cups, obviously).

This 2 week break has come at the right time. Hopefully Rafa can sort it out in the next week or so.

Colback has been on 9 yellows for a while. Let's hope he picks up a 10th against Burton so he is suspended for Sheff Wed and Leeds.

NUFC to Score

0 - ewerk

1 - Holden McGroin, Kevin Carr's Gloves, TheGingerQuiff, Anorthernsoul, barnabox, @yourservice

2 - StoneColdStephenIreland, Kitman, Rayvin, zico martin, The Fish, Dr Gloom, Happy Face, acrossthepond, Ant, ToonMarshy, David Kelly, rogerbarton, Lackie92, LooneyToony, Graing

3 - Howay, Tom, Andrew, strawb, tooner, MiddleAgeCool, wykikitoon

4+ - adios, OTF, ohhh_yeah, Dougle, scoobos

NUFC to Concede

0 - Howay, StoneColdStephenIreland, Kitman, Rayvin, zico martin, OTF, The Fish, Kevin Carr's Gloves, strawb, Happy Face, Ant, tooner, Anorthernsoul, David Kelly, rogerbarton, Lackie92, scoobos, wykikitoon, barnabox, LooneyToony

1 - adios, Tom, Andrew, Holden McGroin, Dr Gloom, acrossthepond, MiddleAgeCool, Dougle, Graing

2 - ohhh_yeah, ewerk, TheGingerQuiff, ToonMarshy, @yourservice

3 - 

4+ - 

I think the lack of any enthusiasm from anyone on here about the game sums it up really. Shite.

Looking at the league, Huddersfield's game in hand is against Wolves away. Wolves beat Fulham 3-1 away today so maybe they will be in a bit of form for that game. Our next game is Wigan at home then Burton at home after that. That is surely 6 points against those two, that will put us in a much more solid position.

It's to be expected people are nervous & will probably be like this until we're mathematically sure of promotion we deservedly carried the luck this weekend. We haven't exactly pissed the league yet but we're in a good position. The nerves are probably fear of what would happen if we don't get automatic promotion & have to stay down here for another season. Despite our position I haven't enjoyed this season I doubt I'm alone. Just a few more short weeks of this season will hopefully see us back were we belong. Then hopefully Rafa will be allowed to build the team HE wants.

Wake-up all you rose tinted specs wearers, we would have got 3 points today if super hero Benitez had exercised a better starting line-up FFS.

With his preferred starting line-up,  and Gayle, Shelvey, Gamez, Atsu, Mbemba, Mitrovic & Elliot,  all sitting on the bench, you have to wonder what his plan was.

And why does he keep persisting in playing one up front?

He seems quite suited to changing players willy-nilly, but not formations.

I put the blame entirely on Rafa for us dropping 2 points today.

Tin hat, body armour on, ready for the flak that will undoubtedly come my way. :bye:

I accept there's a positive angle in that we've extended the lead by 1 point with only 8 or 9 games left but it's still with a sense of regret that it could have been better.

It's like having a lazy day when you're on a diet and randomly losing a pound and then thinking if only you'd got off your fat arse it could have been 3.

This is boring now so I'm not doing it anymore.

We got relegated because we were shite. We are playing in the championship which is a shit league. That doesn't mean we have a divine right to win every week. We are top of the league and very fucking likely to go up/win the league.

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to whinge at.

Agree with Strawb, most of our players aren't exactly brilliant and our best two players weren't up to starting. We could have been like Huddersfield and got battered 4-0 to the side 19th in the league...

Look at the teams we got relegated with for a measure of how well we've done. Rafa's 25 minute interview on NUFC TV the other day was really interesting & highlighted a few things we've had to deal with.

As other people have suggested, Rafa has this team top of the league while being forced to play underperforming/shite players like Dummett, Colback, Diamé/Perez every week.  The only consistent mistake I see is playing Anita over Yedlin/Gamez/A head of lettuce.

I can only think of maybe 2 matches where he's got it wrong this season.  Hopefully, he gets to invest in the Summer and stays.  1st or 2nd this year, and a few new players in and we could be in for a very exciting few years.